Universal Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (By SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iANiMeX, Jan 1, 2014.

1. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Yes!

Why not!?

2. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Good point!

3. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Do the dual currencies effect the game at all? And does the included VIP pass make all the races free?

4. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Part of me actually wishes this game WAS freemium, just so online multiplayer could be full all the time like Asphalt 8.

I try all the time and have only had one match, with one opponent. Really sad for a kart racer.

5. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    there's only like 1000 players on the leaderboard , lol

i won just 17 matches and already top 10 on the world ..... guess the game isnt selling well

feel free to add my game center or imessage me for some matches -> [email protected]

6. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    i ran out of stars and i thought that damn ring coverter was stars converter by consuming rings , i think i was spaced -_-
    now i lost 12 stars and i ran out of stars , how do we suppose to complete the game on expert mode now ? lol pay cash for the stars ? lolol

7. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    #327 henryfakesmile, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    yes , it somehow affects you in the late game since it require 1 stars as entry fee for the expert difficulty ( each restart in expert race cost you 1 star ), and each cars require 2x stars to be fully upgraded

STAR moves in racing cost 1 stars per use

umm didnt know much the so-called vip pack... guess it just gives u 3 basic character or something....

8. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    i ran out of stars and i thought that damn ring coverter was stars converter by consuming rings , i think i spaced -_-
    now i lost 12 stars and i ran out of stars , how do we suppose to complete the game on expert mode now :confused:lol pay cash for the stars ? :confused:

9. Probably alot of people waiting to see if this turns freemium.

10. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I haven't bought this game because people are upset about the iap. Is it really that bad? And what exactly does the VIP include?

11. pillzhereish

pillzhereish Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Student
    I tried the game, and the IAP is extremely unnecessary. Also I don't know what's the deal about the VIP Pass but you get it free so... just an extremely fun kart racer that everyone ought to try.

12. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I'll go along with that!

13. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    The IAP is not really a big deal. $5 is a great price for how good the game is, but $2 is even better. Get it while it's on sale!

14. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    lets put it like this... THERE ARE A LOT OF IAPS IN THE GAME BUT THEY ARE ALL EXTREMELY NOT NEEDED!! its just psychologic... they put a lot of them to make you believe you actually need them but you're more likely to need iaps from angry bird or infinity blade than this!!

15. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    The problem with this game is not the IAP. It's the barren multiplayer.

16. Felicerio

Felicerio Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Does any of you guys know how to unlock AGES?
    Do I have to beat the whole World Tour mode on Expert or just a number of events?

Thanks!

17. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

Sorry for the newbie question, but how does the drift button work? When I press it I either stop or go backwards.

Also, I left the game on for a bit while I was doing something else, and when I got back I had a message asking to confirm my purchase of 96000 rings for 64 stars, and when I closed out of the game my other apps started acting like they were being opened on their own. I restarted my ipad and now it's back to normal, but should I be worried? :confused:

18. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Really good, fun game here on IOS, but on Android, there's a lot of problems with it. Recommend you get it here!

19. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Now 99ยข... They just can't stop lowering the price. It might as well go F2P with its cruddy iAP system

20. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I recently bought a Steelseries Stratus controller, and just want to say that playing this game with a controller makes it twice as fun, for me at least.

I have this game on Xbox 360 and love it, so of course I bought the iOS version as well. The iOS version is a pretty faithful port, especially if you spring for the IAP to unlock all difficulty levels. The problem for me is it's maybe too faithful a port. Especially on Hard difficulty level, I find that the level of precision and quickness required for steering inputs, especially for drift events, is just too much for virtual controls. I've tried to get used to both tilt and touch controls and never managed to feel as in control as I do on the Xbox version, so winning on Hard depends too much on luck.

When I tried the game with the Stratus controller, it's pretty much like playing the Xbox version. The controller only works for driving and pausing, so you still use the touch screen for all other navigation through the game. With the controller I now feel like mastering Hard and Expert difficulties is within reach just like the Xbox version.

I'm still getting used to how small the Stratus is, but it's easier to use than I expected. I wasn't sure whether to keep it or return it and wait for one of the full size Bluetooth MFi controllers to be released, but I think this works well enough, and I like how easy it is to fit it in my bag. I'm using an iPad 4 by the way.