Universal Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (By SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iANiMeX, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Foghorn Irrascible

Foghorn Irrascible Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Got this for Christmas on the Vita where it's an excellent kart racer.

On iOS it seems to be somewhat fraudulently sold as a game without telling you that you only get one 'level' and will be hindered from progression by a hideous grind or paying more money to unlock feautures AND there's IAPs too!

Crazy what iOS gamers will put up with for the sake of saving a couple of bucks.

2. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    i dont get it , the game is flexible about unlocking stuff , there's nothing behind ANOTHER IAP pay wall
    1 price and u get the whole game

u can ram up the difficulty to earn more cash reward & stars OR u can dumb down the game on EASY to progress through the world tour mode to unlock upgrades for the karts

did u even played this game through before u confusing others for IAP in this game ?

3. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    god ! The tilt control are excruciating in the Golden axe cavern !!!

4. That Samba town is just awesome. Some of the coolest effects I have seen on ios.

5. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    hello , will i be able to chat with you in imessage directly ?

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I just got this today...

For Drift 2 - the word 'SEGA' comes out from behind your car instead of the booster flame...

And for a Drift 3 boost, little blue flames come out instead of the super long ones...

I don't know if you can turn it off or not, I've tried looking in the settings menu, but can't find an option. I'm finding the SEGA boost pretty annoying/distracting, so I hope there is a way to change it back...

Attached Files:

7. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    #307 sabin1981, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    Does anyone know how to pull off the start boosts without a controller? On the PC/console versions you tap accelerate each time the screen fades to black during the opening count, but how do you do that on the mobile version when the game has auto-accelerate enabled? Ta!

Oh and much love to Sumo Digital, they've put out a cracker with this! Very faithful to the "big boy" versions and still incredibly fun to play. Performance could be better at times, especially on some of the sea/water segments, but egh.. It's an amazing accomplishment to look and run this good on an iPad 2 :) No problems with IAP either, £1.79 for this is a bargain and everything else can be unlocked ingame without paying anything else. Mightily impressed.

-edit-

Oh and I'd certainly like to know how to unlock the bosses too, without being forced into IAP packs of course, as the only info about them simply states "unlock them earlier" on the buy page. You have to play for FIVE WEEKS before you can unlock Ryo, or you can unlock via IAP *winkwinknudgenudge*? That's pretty horrible, I must say.

8. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    So, I was having a pretty good time with this game but suddenly ran smack into a wall.

I'm trying to go through Grand Prix to get upgrades, but it says I need to play World Tour to unlock the next set of Grand Prix tracks. Alrighty.

So I got back to World Tour and get to Event 24 (drift) which seems nearly impossible even on Easy, despite earning 2 - 3 stars on all events prior. A Top Tip shows up suggesting I try B.D Joe since I'm having trouble. Okee doke.

I head to the character select screen and tap him to purchase, but oh -- he's locked. Seems I have to complete more of World Tour or Grand Prix. Hrmm.

In summary, to get upgrades I need more Grand Prix. To get more Grand Prix I need more World Tour. To get more World Tour I need BD Joe or more upgrades. To get those I need more Grand Prix or World Tour. To get.... etc

Halp?

9. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Sonic's first bug fixing update is out.

10. Cool, wonder of framerates have gotten any better. Gotta update.

11. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    IAP in this game are optional.

You can unlock those characters in finishing events,world cups etc.

12. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    the update is huge

13. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    Is it a full download update?

14. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    unfortunately

15. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    Thanks

16. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    It says in the description that the VIP pass is now included in the download cost. The VIP pass is what stopped me from getting it originally, so now that it's included is the game worth $5? And is the VIP pass really included?

17. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Yes,you need to type your password the first time you launch the game to get it.

18. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks! Where do I type it in? Is it a pop-up?

19. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    It will appear the first time you open the game.

20. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ok! Do you guys think the game is worth 5$?