Universal Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (By SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iANiMeX, Jan 1, 2014.

1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I'll take your advice. I'm on an ipad 4 but sometimes I wonder why we gamers get ripped so badly is because we tend to put up patiently with lower standards or rehashes so they deliver more of them to us.

Agreed the tracks are much wider than the 1st version and I won all my races so far but I just didn't feel the frame rate or something was right. The graphics looked awfully muddy especially the water. Didn't look like water at all more of a mess than anything. The sounds didn't feel good either. I'll just try again and see if I can get used to it like you say. Thanks

2. Finished world tour sunshine coast, no character unlocks. Too bad nothing unlocks for paying customers, wonder if this was freemium, if things would unlock. Like mp did, but we had it already.

3. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Thanks!

4. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Android and iOS cross platform local multiplayer?

How to unlock those Character pack in game without IAP?

5. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    #285 henryfakesmile, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    I doubt u even played the game , u gotta work harder before u blame some bullshit on a great game next time

seriously , it is hardcore & flexible for every type of people , u can go for the easy way to unlock stuff by easy mode or ram up the difficulty for more stars reward
    and using all star moves & stars currency doesn't guarantee your winning position , how is this game freemium

6. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    just focus in the world tour mode and u will unlock everything
    if it's too hard for u then focus on entering the way in easy
    I know it's a bit confusing , lol , took me sometime to realize how it works

7. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    u have to beat 44 events in world tour mode to unlock him ( this game is so addictive , I won't sleep until I unlocked him last night and saved up like 35 stars for the elite upgrade )

I freaking love this game because it is so flexible , u can just go through the world tour and unlocks EVERY CAR & UPGRADE on EASY , OR , ram up the difficulty to earn more STARS and money

in case someone else keep yelling about how this game is a greedy crap or freemium ,

8. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    u can easily saves up 100+ stars for clearing the game......

that's why I am so freaking in love with this game because it is so flexible , u can just go through the world tour and unlocks EVERY CAR & UPGRADE on EASY , OR , ram up the difficulty to earn more STARS and money

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #289 syntheticvoid, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    Here...

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Character Unlocks;

Gum - unlocked when you complete Frozen Valley World Tour
    Amigo - unlocked when you complete Scorching Skies World Tour
    B.D. Joe - unlocked when you complete Twilight Engine World Tour
    Joe Musashi - unlocked when you complete Moonlight Park World Tour
    Dr. Eggman - unlocked when you complete Console Cup Grand Prix
    Ages - unlocked when you complete World Tour on Expert Difficulty
    Ryo Hazuki - unlocked by completing a full streak of Weekly Challenges

Ralph, Metal Sonic, Knuckles and Shadow I have no clue yet, sorry. If anyone knows, please share.

**edit**

I did not use the VIP IAP that was offered and I'm pretty sure that the 4 characters that are unlocked with that were unlocked after I completed the first Grand Prix Cup. I could be mistaken... because I did wind up reading that the password prompt at startup was for the free IAP and entered it around that same time (within the same 10 minutes) - if I'm wrong about this, by all means, correct me.

10. Yeah, framerates get pretty bad on the water sections, but Sega is usually pretty good about making framerates better on updates.

11. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Thanks for that.

Buying the VIP pass or getting it free not only unlocks but @gives@ you the characters - no (additional) charge.

Just say'n - not sure it matters so much as if you are good at the game (better than I am:)) as you earn more than enough coins anyway.

12. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    this game already support icloud save

13. niknice

niknice Active Member

How do I use the icloud option to sync between devices? I've pressed the sync button on both devices but my save is not transfering. Both devices use the same itunes account. Confused ��

14. dribblejam

dribblejam Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    IBM Employee
    I did a streak of daily challenges to unlock the special fx thingy but it crashed at the end of the race. It said I completed it but I can't find any new option for special fx or anything. Is it an option or is it applied on its own? Has anyone else unlocked this?

15. miumius

miumius Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Was just about to ask this question. I got this too but I'm wondering what it is.

16. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    Event 55 on World Tour is so F___ing rigged.

1. There aren't enough power ups for the battle races. Mathematically, it does not make sense to give you X number of pick ups vs. X number of hits needed to eliminate enemies. Just hope you always get snowballs.

2. On lap 2, all remaining players slow down and drop off on the top of the loop just to re-spawn not before, but after the loop and like 100 yrds past it.

3. Finally got 1st place position near the end and used an all-star (to ensure a win) only to be passed by Tails at the very last second (Tails not in all-star).

I'm about to throw my new phone over this garbage. WTF? Now I know why they didn't just port the console version. This is the special Mobile version. Where is the balancing in this game. Why does it go from "I'm winning by a landslide", to "Why are these guys faster than my all-star" Even upgraded cars seem to have no effect on the battle races. F U SEGA

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #297 syntheticvoid, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014

Yes, I did run through the game on Easy the first time through... but I just beat 55 on Hard my first try (I'm saving Expert for later...). oO

**edit**

no star power used... no slots machine used... just raced.

I'm really not trying to brag, and I'm sorry if it's coming off like that. Just showing that it can be done.

Attached Files:

18. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Which controls? I'm not having a good time with the controls.

19. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    #299 GregB, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    To those who are well into and passed the 30's in World Tour, how do I comets or get passed the drift events??? I've been stuck on one for days and it is ruining he game for me. I'm not the best gamer around but not the worst either. I'm getting better at starting drifts and going nearly straight, which seems a useful skill, but I can't get closer than 3 checkpoints before I run out of time :-/

I' e fully upgraded Sonic as far as I can at this point, I'm playing the event on easy, but I'm not buying any powerup a (where?) or spinning the lottery wheels.

All help appreciated as I know I will have to help my son with this as well.

Edit: JUST passed drift event 24 after several days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. CzarBrain

CzarBrain Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    #300 CzarBrain, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    I've seen evidence that the developers troll this thread, so I'm hoping this gets looked at.

I'm running a 4s and I get frequent crashes. Mid race, after race... And that's not a lot of fun, borderline not pleased and unsure if it'll remain in phone style not fun.

Additionally, I kill the music and it doesn't remain killed. I find most music in game a bother, so there's another issue. At least that I just kill before I attempt to race.

All in all, I think this game is the bee's knees and am looking forward to playing it more. Good job.

Added a day later: So, I rebooted my phone... Not crashed since!