Universal Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (By SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iANiMeX, Jan 1, 2014.

1. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I just completed the second cup and viola! New kart upgrades unlocked :)

Game keeps saying to buy BD Joe for drift events (anyone know if he really helps?) but he is locked.

2. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I'd get this over the mega pack in JCS2. This is more of a racing game while JCS2 is pretty gimmicky.

3. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Ok - new problem :-/

I downloaded the game onto my son's iPad 2 and we have not seen an Upgrade button for his kart! He is progressing and is at the first drift event and never an option to upgrade! I don't recall when the game on my phone allowed upgrades but thought it was well before now, or does he have to complete a tournament first?

iCloud is inactive on both phone and iPad installs. All help appreciated :)

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, upgrades are unlocked after you complete the first Grand Prix Cup

5. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    He's racing it now! Thanx :)

Now need a magic wand for the drift events. Getting stuck on one is not fun.

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Gimmicky?! Them's fightin' words, pal!

7. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I love jet car stunts 2, but sonic transformed wins a bigger place in my heart. This racer is beautiful, best carter on ios by far :)

8. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Is anyone else having serious control problems while flying? It always gets stuck going up or down and it's impossible to reverse direction. It happens every race and is stopping me from progressing

9. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Yes! Has happened to me. Band aid fix, for me, was to go into settings and turn on the flying assist. Flying is fun and works well, except when it doesn't work ;-)

10. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Why does the game want my password?

11. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

To give you one of the IAP things for free as far as I know.

12. Max0809

Max0809 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    It's to give you the VIP Pass for free, which is normally $4,99, and it unlocks the Grand Prix Mode and four characters ; Sonic, Tails, Amy and Ulala

13. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Yikes!!! It did!!! Wish I knew earlier. I've spent 9000 buying Tails and Sonic.

Thanx for the tip!

14. They gotta change that, they should tell you what one is getting before one popup puts on the password. Apple shouldn't let this kind of stuff pass through.

15. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I think different characters fit at different races, say I had hard time beating the drift course with Tails, but I manage it better with Sonic, so to say.

I was reluctant to give the password at first, but after beating the first world in easy and read it here, I got my VIP pass...:rolleyes:

16. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Any plans on adding new races and tracks? Console version has over 25 tracks and 33 characters...

17. dribblejam

dribblejam Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    IBM Employee
    Console vs Mobile

21 Tracks - 13 Tracks

33 Characters - 14 Characters

If you think about it. We're lucky. Plus, in the description it says updates will bring more content:)

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    On event 60, coming out of the tunnels there's a graphic glitch or reset or something. It's the only time it happened in the game for me...

But that last track... Love it.

19. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I just can't give this any more than a 1. Terrible graphics to start with. Just a rehash of all stars but even that was much better. The game just feels cheap. It doesn't have class or slick & span. It's more a dos version of all star racing. It sounds and plays terrible.

Best for kids 5-9 but adults should look elsewhere. I was hoping this would be better than the previous version but its more than horrible and just a greedy double dip.

It doesn't offer anything better than the last version. If they were going to double dip you'd think they could at least provide decent graphics but dos all star racing is disgraceful.

If you bought the last version unless you're a collector of versions I strongly advise you not waste your money.

Then there are umpteen dozen IAP options which are just so, so confusing. Already paid why IAP's? Which IAP?

I'm very unhappy with my purchase. Good luck to those who like this.

20. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    The first few races are boring, I agree. Get deeper into the World Tour and that wont be the case. Your device could be the culprit on why you're experiencing bad performance/graphics.
    Keep in mind:
    -This is a launch price for $4.99 and yes, it will eventually go free
    -There are plenty of tracks IMO, and there will be future updates which Sega never charges for
    -It is hands down, the best kart-racer in the app-store right now. The tracks are wider and much easier to handle than the 1st game.
    -The IAP is not intrusive, confusing or even necessary. If you want to see bad implementation of IAP, just play Blitz Brigade (Gameloft).

Give it a chance. After a few hours, you'll take the defensive position.