Universal Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (By SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iANiMeX, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #241 Intendro, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    So the game is $5 and hands you an IAP pack?

...Why exactly wouldn't I just wait for the IAP to become $5 and the game to be Free to get since I don't care that much about the game?

Doesn't seem very logical for people who aren't so sure about getting the game, does it?

Sorry if I'm sounding rude... but considering you're really buying the IAP instead of the game, I would rather skip buying the IAP because it would probably be possible to earn and unlock that stuff. I prefer unlocking things by earning them instead of "throw money at the lock to break it." :p

2. Yes. That is how it is.

It is a good question, kinda seems like it was done so it can either stay as a premium game, or convert to freemium. I do hope that if it does happen, the early adopters will get another early adopter bonus to make it worthwhile, and to support the loyal fans.

3. Zerodactyl

Zerodactyl Well-Known Member

I was going to play some online multiplayer today but when I clicked on it there was no Starter League but every other league was there! Anyone know why Starter League wasn't there?

4. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Thanks for your explanations. And I don't need a FB account for local mp?!

I'll wait for a statement by devs about this question and then probably buy it.

5. I don't think you need facebook for local mp, the menus dont ask for it.

The game itself is pretty awesome. The business model, well, that is anyone's guess, what will happen. Just kind of wish games would somehow reward early adopters, and give extra rewards on freemium converts or heavy price drops. Doesn't seem to be too many early adopters nowdays anymore. Would be nice to give people an incentive to be early adopters, especially in cases like these.

But anyway, the game is really good. Gotta wonder what it looks like on an ipad air. Wonder if it is silky smooth. If this game were silky smooth on an ipad air, it would revival console kart games.

Had a question if anyone knows. There is another weapons slot (powerup slot), with a shopping cart and a star.

Is this a permament buy? I would hate to waste a star just for it to be for one race, so afraid to hit the button. If I pay a star (or is it more than one star), will it unlock it permanently, or just for one race?

6. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    It is very smooth indeed, on an Air. I'm very pleased with my purchase.

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    It's just for that race, so yeah, could be a waste, although I haven't used stars for much else (probably because so many thing are still locked :( ).

So I'm afraid to spend too much gold or stars knowing I may need it later on.

Not sure about FB in regards to MP, but I do hate the constant nag screen when you boot it up to link your FB account. I don't like to link any games to my FB account.

8. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I think stars also let you race on harder difficulties.

9. Thanks, doubt if I would use stars for just one race. Yeah, stars are confusing, actually the whole inapp thing is alittle. But I do agree, wish there was an option to turn off the facebook nag screen.

10. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    I have almost no complaints rings roll in easily I can easily buy races and have lots of rings left over. I have only one complaint and it's a BIG one.

There is an "all star move" and you have to pay a star to use it. It doesn't exist in multiplayer and that's good but in single player it just sits there pulsating. REMOVE IT or at least make it free please!

11. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    iPod Touch 5 can handle graphics like Asphalt 8's. Why did they make it equal as Angry Birds Go!?

12. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Yeah, I hate it, also.

13. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Well that sucks achievements aren't even unlocking for me

14. dribblejam

dribblejam Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    IBM Employee
    I'm just about reaching the end of world tour now. But I have come across something strange. I counted all the tracks and it only came out to 9. There are supposed to be 13 tracks in this version. Is there a secret world tour cup? Also, there are 14 characters. Not 10. What's up with these numbers??

Attached Files:

15. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    It's not that big of a deal. Trust when I say that it will be your best friend on a nasty challenge. I've used it at least a few times to boost into first place at the last second. Some of the World Tour races are annoying, especially the "battle" races. There are never enough weapon spawns to be enjoyable.

16. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Slightly off topic : this or the mega pack for jet car stunts?
    On topic : I wish there wasn't some useless Disney character wasting space in the game , who would buy a game called sonic racing and play as wreck it Ralph?!

17. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Wreck it Ralph still makes more sense than Danica Patrick (not sure if she made it into the mobile version since I haven't played it, but there's no reason why she should be in the (console) game)

18. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Who is Danica Patrick?

19. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Danica Patrick is a famous female race driver. She was (is?) the spokesperson for GoDaddy.

Two questions please.

How do I upgrade my kart past D? I have Sonic and bought all upgrades and the kart level is between D and C with no other upgrades available.

And any tips for drift events? These seem brutal, or I'm doing it wrong. I get the Buy BD message but he is still locked. I'm up to my third or fourth drift event.

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Higher tier upgrades will unlock as you progress throughout the game (unlocking and beating Grand Prix cups).

Drift events were hard for me at first, but then it eventually just clicked. I can't really give you any tips other than maybe trying a different character. If I remember correcly, Gum helped me with drifting, even though she had a lower handling stat than Sonic at the time, it seemed to help.