Universal Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (By SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iANiMeX, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Jazzyjesus

Jazzyjesus Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Im starting to think these reviews are paid. #### IAP i am sick of this scam.

2. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    It's not that confusing if you read the IAP. That's the way it is priced.
    $5 for the App (which includes VIP)
    $10 for making all races free

After that, you won't experience any confusion.
    -All difficulties are open to race/retry as often as you like (no rings or stars needed)
    -You will still have to win races to progress further into the game.
    -Rings earned will be for purchasing new characters or gambling.
    -Stars can be used for unlocking unique characters or for a super power up during a race. There is a small in-race timer that needs to recharge before using your star again to prevent super-charging an entire race.

***So it's basically $15 to eliminate the "App store" irritations. The other IAP are for extra rings/stars, which I can't honestly see anyone doing unless they're a young child. I wish Real Racing 3 would follow this pricing.

3. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Is this really that riddled with IAP? I don't care about charecters if they are optional. I'm just worried about the progression... Could I complete the game without paying or having to replay races constantly. Also what's the difference beetween this and the PC version?

4. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Can multiplayer be skewed by paying?

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    You don't get my point. No where in the game does it tell you HOW to unlock characters, etc. aside from general "in the World Cup". If it told you what needed to be done to unlock things, then there would be no confusion. And your rings can't be used to unlock characters. You need to unlock them first.

Why doesn't anyone understand that there's no clear indication of how to unlock specific things? It's not there! Anywhere! So it's a guessing game. And without knowing, there will be people that buy an inapp because they don't know how.

This game is fantastic and I will be playing it for a long time. But anyone who thinks the unlocks and IAPs are clear, then maybe I need to have my head examined. And maybe sites like 148apps wouldn't be saying the game is hampered by a F2P structure.

I give up. Everyone here is so much smarter than me.

I'll just go back to enjoying the game regardless.

6. epik5

epik5 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Its still a good game, on ipod touch 5g it has problems with the graphics shading, this problem can also be found in angry birds go, assassins creed pirates, sims 3, etc

Attached Files:

7. Wow, it looks terrible on the touch 5g, it looks really nice on ipad retinas, can't believe the difference.

8. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013

Yes,

But i think they can enhance it.

9. Maybe they can fix it on an update. Along with making framerates a little smoother in this game.

10. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #210 Zeillusion, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    Are some of you 5 years old?

The iap's are anything but confusing.
    I bet everyone can read here. I'm sick
    of people complaing that games aren't
    A dollar. This is a quality game and in most
    Everyones opinion, is premium.

5$ to buy the game and play it without spending a dime. I've practically beat it
    But of your impatient or want all the tracks for free without having to use the ring currency (which you get generously anyway) is 10$.

That's 15$ total for a game that's 30$+ and if you have the latest devices the game runs like a charm. Console quality / nintendo ds / vita quality game. Many many hours , for 5$,

Quit being cheap. Support the devs! We will NEVER see quality games if people persist on this attitude.

Want to COMPLAIN about freemium? Go see yourself to the Angry Birds Go forum please, because this is ANYTHING but freemium.

& no I'm not getting paid to write this.

11. I think awp is older than five.

But as he mentions, got stuck at the first drift challenge, was easy til then.

Do we just drift on the red arrowed sections? We don't have to drift through the gates right? And also, sometimes find myself drifting the wrong way, maybe I gotta switch to touch controls (using tilt now).

Any pointers for the first drift challenge?

12. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    This guy obviously hasn't played the game, first of all, it gives you the VIP pack for free, and I have played halfway through the first cup on medium with 10000 rings to spare

13. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Well said!

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #214 awp69, Jan 4, 2014
    Do you have the comprehension of a 5 year old? If you actually read my posts you'll see that the confusion lies in how things are unlocked.

Anyone who knows me on this board knows that I am FAR from being cheap. I want premium games and am willing to pay for it. Did I once say that I only want quality games for a dollar? My iTunes receipts would beg to differ.

The problem with this game is that there is no clear definition of how to unlock things. I KNOW you can play this game fully without buying IAPs. The problem is not knowing how to unlock what you want through in-game play. If you can show me explicitedly where it tells you how to unlock something, I'll be more than happy to claim myself as a 5-year-old. When a game says try using a character in an event and it's locked and it doesn't tell you exactly how to unlock it, that's frustrating. I continue on, but casual gamers equally frustrated may buy the IAPs because they don't know how to get something.

This could have been made much clearer. Click on a character and pop up a message that says unlocked after completing the "frozen" zone in the World Tour. But instead, it just says unlock by playing the World Tour. No clear idea of WHEN it unlocks in the World Tour.

So the complaint has NOTHING to do with money or being cheap. It's about not knowing what to strive for to get what you need and the only alternative is an IAP.

That's all. But no one seems to get that simple concept and instead reigns fire on me just for pointing out a flaw in the game.

My posts clearly state that I think this is the best kart racer on the App Store. But I just stated my opinion on what I feel is a flaw in the game in not being upfront about how to unlock things but has a slew of IAPs just waiting for people who get upset when they play for hours and still don't know what it takes to unlock something.

I spend buttloads on the App Store so it has nothing to do with complaining about this being "freemium". It has to do with making unlocks clearer so you know what to set your sights on.

If you want to read about people complaining about this model being more "freemium" go read the review on 148apps, in particular the quote on the front page. I even made reference to that saying that I don't know if I agree with that assessment.

But I guess this game, which I have repeatedly praised as the best kart racer on the App Store, has absolutely no flaws and God forgive anyone who says otherwise.

15. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    Everyone have different point of views.

Let's just respect each others opinion.

16. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    ^ clearly wasn't talking to you bud.

Maybe a guilty conscious? I was clearly talking about people who were putting the game down because of the "horrible iap's" the "high price tag" and the "freemium quality".

I always compliment and write positive comments. If you look at my last posts you will see I am very friendly and never disrespect.
    That wasn't geared towards you.

People who say this is 99cent quality will feel my wrath :p

17. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    ^

My post goes to everyone on this thread.

That's how awp's sees the game and we can't do anything about that.
    Except judging him of course.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    To lighten things up and be completely unrelated, have to say YEAH for Clemson!

19. Lost in all this interesting rhetoric is my question...

Do we just drift on the red arrowed sections? We don't have to drift through the gates right? And also, sometimes find myself drifting the wrong way, maybe I gotta switch to touch controls (using tilt now).

Any pointers for the first drift challenge?

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #220 awp69, Jan 4, 2014
    It takes getting used to. Probably took me about 30 tries or more. Drifting itself is easy in this game, but having to gain time by hitting exactly on that green line isn't easy or at least wasn't for me. A lot more difficult than A8's drift events where time isn't even a concern.

Keep practicing and you'll get better. I think I also ended up having to use one if the boosts from the a spin wheels to help get faster times between the drift points.

And yes, it's only the red sections you need to worry about and stay on (keeping it green).