Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: $0.99 -> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Haruhi, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    There goes Sega from my trusted list.

Another one bites the dust.

2. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    What is in the VIP pass?

3. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    #23 indalico, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    I seem to recall they had a few characters included without having to earn them to unlock from the start. I think you still had to pay the rings for them.

I got my money's worth here and don't plan on reinstalling. I don't know if I'd get the VIP stuff back. Obnoxious ads are a deal breaker for me. I really don't like these kind of app changes.

4. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    It's also worth noting that unless they've added a load of content in updates (I haven't been paying attention), this has a lot of the tracks from the other versions stripped away.

5. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Frankly, I downloaded the game because it was free. I own the PC version and I was curious to see how they re-arranged the game on ios. Honestly, I prefer the PC version.

For SEGA, I don't trust except if their game has the participation of Christian Whitehead. The rest, I know it will turn into a bad free to play.

6. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

-That wasn't the case with Jet Set Radio-

7. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I installed weblock and got no ads of course in the game, that app is the best thing I ever did for my gaming happiness. As a side note, I also get no ads in crackle and other services. I need to go try hulu out, I don't think I ever have.....

Game was ok, I played a couple tracks and deleted it. Not worth the space, and I have 32gb!

8. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    #28 Jake7905, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Sales happen, and if this was a sale I wouldn't care one bit. But switching from a premium game to a freemium game with ads is unforgivable. What did I pay $5 for? At least keep it respectable and go the Asphault 8 route, start dirt cheap ($1) and then go freemium. Sega really milked this one for all it was worth.

9. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale

WELCOME to the Wild West.

10. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    What's the VIP pass? I got the game right before the update (but for free) and I have four characters unlocked (or five not sure). Dos that mean I got the VIP pack?

11. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Yes, that's the VIP pack.

12. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Thank you. I suppose I'm not seeing the ads because I have Weblock installed... I thought the ads had to do with the 2.0 update which I didn't install yet.

13. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  14. ronit

ronit Well-Known Member

May 12, 2011
    Blogger
    US
    Same here. :(

but if you have already bought the game, you still have the VIP pass for free. What a blow to buyers with a VIP pass. :(

15. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Hmm. It was $1 with a free VIP pack. Now it's free and the VIP pack is $3.

That's not looking like a price drop to me.

16. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nothing is really new for me and the VIP pass want worth it. I got this during a 0.99 cent sale, and the only character I used was sonic. I personally like the first one a little better than this baca use it isn't Freemuim.