Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: $0.99 -> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Haruhi, Apr 24, 2014.

1. #1 Haruhi, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Possibly as part of Apple's App of the Week. I'm surprised this hasn't been posted already.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed is now FREE! If you previously bought the game you still have the VIP Pass for F…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed is now FREE! If you previously bought the game you still have the VIP Pass for FREE.

It’s Not Just Racing… it’s Racing Transformed!

“Is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed now the best kart racer on iOS and Android? You bet your spiky blue hedgehog it is!” – App Gamer (10/10)

“For kart racers on a smartphone it's one of the best games in town.” – Digital Spy (4/5)

“An incredibly slick kart racer that marks a new high point for iOS kart racers and stands as another exemplary console conversion” - Pocketgamer.co.uk (9/10 – Gold Award)

Race as Sonic and a host of legendary All-Stars and prepare to transform! Speed across land, sea and air in a high velocity battle to the finish line, as your amazing transformable vehicle changes from car to boat to plane mid-race. Racing on mobile will never be the same again!

LEGENDARY RACERS
    Race as 10 legendary racers at launch each with their own unique transformable vehicle. Plus many more All-Stars coming soon!

DYNAMIC TRACKS
    Take to land, sea & air as you race through dynamically changing courses. Discover alternate routes, find new power-ups and avoid emerging hazards as you race to victory – every track feels different.

DESIGNED FOR MOBILE
    A brand new World Tour has been designed for gaming on the go, plus Daily and Weekly Challenges test your racing prowess.

ULTIMATE MOBILE MULTIPLAYER
    Take on your friends in ultracompetitive 4-player races, both online and locally. Plus challenge your friends’ best times to show them who is the best.

SOCIALLY CONNECTED
    Comprehensive Facebook integration – see your friends’ profile pics on the track and take them down.

MULTIPLE CONTROLS
    Choose to play with touch or tilt controls, or even use a controller to race!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Family, Racing
    Release:Jan 02, 2014
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (20)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I knew it would happen. The first one was became free at some point. I feel sorry for those who bought it.

3. jamesnorman

jamesnorman Member

Apr 24, 2014
    What? I just bought this, and now it is freeA?

4. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Bought at full price. :(

5. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Did you expect the game to stay full price forever? This is the AppStore, sales are frequent.

6. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Went freemium for free or is it only a paid freemium for free on sale?

7. gamerpro2134

gamerpro2134 Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Thanks!!!!! Already have this game on my PC.

8. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    If it is like ten other app, it will be free for a while.

9. wingsofdestiny89

wingsofdestiny89 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    SG
    I'm interested to know as well. Anyone to confirm?

10. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Omfg I just bought this. Total waste of freakin money.

11. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    #11 mrbiggles, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    doesn't look freemium yet... many guessed it would go free.

Say *VIP Pass included for FREE, please sign into iTunes when you first open the game to redeem.*

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed is now FREE! If you previously bought the game you still have the VIP Pass for F…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed is now FREE! If you previously bought the game you still have the VIP Pass for FREE.

It’s Not Just Racing… it’s Racing Transformed!

“Is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed now the best kart racer on iOS and Android? You bet your spiky blue hedgehog it is!” – App Gamer (10/10)

“For kart racers on a smartphone it's one of the best games in town.” – Digital Spy (4/5)

“An incredibly slick kart racer that marks a new high point for iOS kart racers and stands as another exemplary console conversion” - Pocketgamer.co.uk (9/10 – Gold Award)

Race as Sonic and a host of legendary All-Stars and prepare to transform! Speed across land, sea and air in a high velocity battle to the finish line, as your amazing transformable vehicle changes from car to boat to plane mid-race. Racing on mobile will never be the same again!

LEGENDARY RACERS
    Race as 10 legendary racers at launch each with their own unique transformable vehicle. Plus many more All-Stars coming soon!

DYNAMIC TRACKS
    Take to land, sea & air as you race through dynamically changing courses. Discover alternate routes, find new power-ups and avoid emerging hazards as you race to victory – every track feels different.

DESIGNED FOR MOBILE
    A brand new World Tour has been designed for gaming on the go, plus Daily and Weekly Challenges test your racing prowess.

ULTIMATE MOBILE MULTIPLAYER
    Take on your friends in ultracompetitive 4-player races, both online and locally. Plus challenge your friends’ best times to show them who is the best.

SOCIALLY CONNECTED
    Comprehensive Facebook integration – see your friends’ profile pics on the track and take them down.

MULTIPLE CONTROLS
    Choose to play with touch or tilt controls, or even use a controller to race!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Family, Racing
    Release:Jan 02, 2014
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (20)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

12. marco76

marco76 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Verona - Italy
    Just download thank

13. QuantamPulse

QuantamPulse Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    If this isn't a freemium game it does a damn good job of imitating one. Even down to the mandatory ad videos after every single race. I would not be happy if I had paid for the game and was still stuck with a freemium product.

The racing part of the game is great, horrible on the IAP and the ads though.

14. blahdo

blahdo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    This is now freemium.

It says in the description.

15. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    There's an update that just went live. I got it for free before the update so I don't see ads and whatever. I'd recommend not updating since obligatory video ads were mentioned...

16. blahdo

blahdo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Lucky.

How much space does it take up installed? It's 1 GB download in the store.

17. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    #17 vii-Lucky, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    As far as i remember, its around 1-1.2 GB

18. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    I didnt like the first one but its FREE. Cant say no to that.

19. turnabout_mike

Nov 7, 2013
    The video ad is being pushed without updating. I paid for it and didn't update and still got a video ad after a race. An ad to buy the character booster pack IAP also pops up occasionally before selecting your character.

20. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Also purchased this. I don't even get any VIP pack. Ads and freemium. Not surprised though, seems to happen with every single game on iOS nowadays.