Sonic 4 - Price and Retina display Complaining Station

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jjjmedia, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    That is true, but let me rephrase this then, isn't Sonic 4 only out in New Zealand currently? If not, only just a few countries correct? Plus, the United States obviously has a very large population :p Just wait for the game to go global, I'm sure many will start posting reviews on how well it runs, etc. :)

I know I'm counting down the minutes! I remember the suspense of Project Needlemouse...this is the moment I've been waiting for, although I suspect the game will be even better on PS3.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Right now it's available everywhere but the USA.

3. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Oh...well then, my apologies. Should have read that somewhere, I'm just tired. ^^

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #144 ojtitus, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
    Actually the US has a small population in comparison to say China or even India. We don't even have a half a billion people here, both China and India have well over a billion people each. China is quickly approaching three billion people, that is a very large population.

5. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Yeah, let's kick out all the critics of a mediocre game as soon as the game hits the holy country. Let's be blind and happy, narf.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

You're hardly a critic if your post reads like a wacky mad lib of price whining or Retina Display complaining.

7. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I already finished half of the game and some parts of it simply do look ugly.
    The frame rate isn't good. Sonic looks stupid. There is not a lot of content. What more?
    Sorry, that I care. I appologize for my personal demands. Price btw doesn't matter to me.

8. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    At this point I'm almost wondering if these NZ threads shouldn't just stay in upcoming games until it's universally available. The actual early impressions on high profile releases are usually few and far between. The anticipation causes all kinds of stupidity.

9. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    But it's not just released in NZ and then suddenly everywhere else in the world.
    Then you should wait until the last country got it to be completely fair. But I think it's ok, how it is.

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

A lot of NZ threads have a lot of great information as people pitch questions at people who live in regions of the world where the games are available and they post back with impressions. Rarely do NZ threads get as obliterated as this one.

11. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    #151 Chocolate, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
    [​IMG]

12. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    6 minutes until $1,000,000 gets shipped right to SEGA headquarters. And 100,000 people shout " Oh s*** no retina?? WTF??" :D

13. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    From some initial gameplay and performance impressions posted in this thread, lack of retina may be the least of the problems. That $1M won't include any of my money. Sounds like the same old Sonic Cycle. Except in 2D this time.

14. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania

The only difference in the sonic cycle is that with sonic colors, you get a cool hat.

15. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Nah, Apple's taking 1/3 of that and Uncle Sam wants some, too. :D

16. Pitch_Blak

Pitch_Blak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    Well, it's out now. Waiting for impressions.

17. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

Soooooooo tempting.

18. I'm installing now. SEGA must have some good compression going on because it is 197.8MB installed, but only 88 as an IPA... NICE :D

19. Gunblade1190

Gunblade1190 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    ^thisthisthis. I don't wanna, but I so do at the same time...

20. Pitch_Blak

Pitch_Blak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    This as well. I might not even be able to wait until the 13th. xP