Sonic 4 - Price and Retina display Complaining Station

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jjjmedia, Oct 6, 2010.

1. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Just a few more hours until US release :)

2. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    It really is the best device ever created. :D

3. Gunblade1190

Gunblade1190 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    I don't care about Retina, I have a 3rd gen ipod touch. I only care how it plays. $10 is a decent sum for this game, but it still isn't an insane price for this game.

Now after all this, why would I not buy it then when it first launches? Simple. It's also coming out for the Wii. Downside to buying it on the Wii? It costs a little more and I can't play it anywhere. Upside? Better controls and a bigger screen. Also, there's a far greater chance that the price of this game would drop in price on the iDevice rather than on the Wii, so I'd probably be more safe buying it the way I prefer it first, then grabbing it on my ipod touch down the road :D

Though... I may just buy both cause I love Sonic and am really looking forward to it.

We'll see shortly after release :cool:

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I said something similar looking at the Wii version and thinking about the nice, shiny, hi-def PS3 version.

5. mattman93

mattman93 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Any reports on how it's running on a 2nd gen touch?

6. iDRevolution

iDRevolution Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    small lag but wont interput gameplay

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This thread is terrible. The game looks fine on the iPhone 4, but oddly enough seems to play best on 3rd generation devices. Who knows if iPhone 4 optimizations are in the works or not, but currently it seems like the 3rd gen iPod touch plays the best followed by the iPad.

8. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    With all due respect, I don't understand why you would say that...? What's wrong with anything that's been said so far? Hmmm... :/

9. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    All the complaining of the lack of Retina-display.

10. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    This looks like the Sonic we have been waiting for on the iDevice!!! The video on p 1 makes Episode 2 sound very enticing as well!!!

C'mon 11 pm...

11. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    15 pages of people whining about retina and you have to ask that?

12. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    I guess they don't care, all they want is their "retina display" which is all this thread has become, I hope it works on 2nd Gen. but I don't know?

13. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Although the whining is unnecessary, can you blame them? I don't even have an iPhone 4 yet, but SEGA should be up-to-date on today's standards and remember folks, this is a game that was originally scheduled for a SUMMER 2010 Release. Seeing that it was delayed, you would think that they could have taken the time to update the graphics, but apparently not. To re-do all the graphics for the retina display would probably take a very long time now, and since none of their other games have been Retina-Updated, I honestly doubt this one will ever be either.

14. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    I didnt blame them the first 5 pages after that it gets anaying we have over 100 comments about retina and maybe 10 about other things
    I would like the hear something else then "oh noes it doesnt have retina" like the gameplay maybe?

15. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Well where does one start?

I come looking for game impressions and for every 10 posts there is one that mentions gameplay as in frame rate, controls or some such. Otherwise 8 of the 10 are complaints and whines about price and lack of retina display or both and the last is a rebuttal whine.

I was going to post this anyway, your post just gave me the segue so don't take it personally.

16. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco

You can do better than this, ^^^^ Sega.

17. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

I'm tired of this crap, I game back to find out about games not the bitching and moaning. This is a games site, if you have money issues go see Suzie Orman or some crap but frankly I'm ready to just leave again. I come here to try and find out about the games, not listen to this stupid crap.

18. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Well, considering the game isn't out in the USA for about an hour still, I wouldn't have expected many real game impressions yet anyway :p

19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

We'll reboot the thread and kick out the whiners when the game hits the US App Store, don't worry.

A considerable amount of the TouchArcade forum userbase aren't from the USA.

20. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Check out the Modern Combat 2 thread. That isn't out in the US yet either and yet people are talking all about - shockingly - the GAME.