Sonic 4 - Price and Retina display Complaining Station

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jjjmedia, Oct 6, 2010.

1. snowy2004

snowy2004 Member

Dec 24, 2008
    So, do we have reports about other App Stores other than NZ that have the game?

2. Chevs

Chevs Member

Apr 4, 2010
    No retina display is what all you apple fanboys and hipsters get for waiting in line for hours/early upgrading and all that other nonsense that goes with a new iphone release... Last I checked retina display can be implemented in a future update perhaps??? Oh yes but I forgot most of you live in the fairytale land of entitlement and instant gratification.....

Quit complaining. Just please try not to complaint about anything for a few minutes..... Pretty please???

3. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    You fail at getting the whole point, the genuine point which I've highlighted numerous times already, regarding the Retina Display.

You win at being condescending.

Well done. Anyone who throws around the term "fanboy" deserves to go on the block list.

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Just go away. Please. Or try to ask your friends to give you a quick look at their iPhone 4 display. Then you will understand. Trust me.

5. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Sour grapes much? I don't think it's unreasonable for people to expect a high profile release like this to support the retina display. That said, I certainly will buy it for my iPhone 4 as soon as it hits the store. I'm noticing a LOT more people complaining about their 1st gen devices not being able to play some games than the other way around.

6. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Well since you said please, no.

7. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Oh, and by the way, ROFFLE at "fanboys and hipsters". Isn't that the title of Kanye West's new album?

8. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Amen!

I've made a thread here about it so that we don't have to denigrate this thread any further with this debate.

9. No, it's called My Beatiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. *Kanye West VMA shrug*

On-topic: Can anyone comment on how well this game runs on iPod Touch 2G or iPhone 3GS?

10. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA

I bet u regret that statement. Please understand we here at ta are fanboys and most of us do keep up with technology. Please dont bash us for that. Now go run and play with your 3g

11. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    It's out now in the UK AppStore for £5.99

I'm not desperate for it so I think I'll wait on impressions and, hopefully, Retina support in an update.

12. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I honestly couldn't give two craps about Kanye West. It was a joke.

13. I don't care much either, hence the shrug.

14. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

While the retina display is very nice-esp after using a 2G touch, it is NOT the end all and be all of gaming-gameplay is.

Any reasonable person would know that.

15. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Aaargh. First greedy devs trying to charge for ipad and iphone versions both now greedy devs trying to sell non retina games. How many threads do I need to clean up in a day?

Is it too hard to understand that this is a forum to discuss a game? I know the game is not out in US yet but still, what good is 100 more posts repeating the same point first 10 posts already said?????

Times like this I wish there was a rating system for each post. One guy could say "No retina?? WTF. I iz not buying thiz crap" and rest of them could simply agree/disagree with the post instead of spamming the thread again and again :(

16. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    How many times do idiots need it explained that a game rendered at 480 x 320 will look worse on the iPhone 4's screen?

While it would look fine on the 3GS, it would look more pixellated on the higher resolution display, much like using the x2 feature with iPhone apps on an iPad.

See?

17. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Hear hear!

*Raptor hits the agree button*

18. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Come on, INSM. I'm not disagreeing with you but you've been here a while. While annoying, it is strangely part of the charm of TA. This is nothing new. Remember the freaking Minigore thread? Anyway, do we have a filesize on this?

19. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ya, I've been here for a while. But I still dont get why the same thing needs to be said a million times again and again. Well, I'm just hoping arn gets the "game impression" thing working and adds an option to hide all the posts except impression ones.

Anyways, the game is 88.7 MB

20. Meta Knight

Meta Knight Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Hey for anyone who has this game is this game cool and are the graphics cool I dont care about the retna display since I have a IPod 3G. And and does it lag or anything and is this worth the price.