Sonic 4 - Price and Retina display Complaining Station

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jjjmedia, Oct 6, 2010.

1. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    I will ;)

2. elimcfly

elimcfly Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Ill try it this weekend when I get more Itunes cards... This and Modern Combat are gonna make use of one card altogether :-X

3. UncleLimey

UncleLimey Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008

where is the reference to no retina support? dont see on the description that it doesnt have retina !!!!

4. elimcfly

elimcfly Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Everybodys just guessing because publishers usually announce that it does have Retina Support on their descriptions.

5. dark1x

dark1x Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Retina display support would have been nice, but a high framerate is more important. The game better be 60 fps. If not, they have completed failed.

6. Victorm1000

Victorm1000 Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Impressions???

How is the gameplay, is it fast? Impressions???

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Sonic 4 is launching on the App Store not only before it appears on every other platform, but for $10 instead of $15, and still people complain.

[​IMG]

8. Gman

Gman Member

Oct 7, 2009
    No Retina No Way...

If you're asking for a premium appstore price than you better be going all out. Can't wait for MC2...cheaper, retina and freaking serious multiplayer...hello!!!
    That's what we're talking about.

9. Chevs

Chevs Member

Apr 4, 2010
    What is the other game out today that's awesome as someone mentioned earlier???

And modern combat?? A new one???

I'm an uninformed bastard and you may flame me as needed

10. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    You're paying for the brand. If it was the same game with "Rapid the Porcupine" then it would be more of a $2.99 game. Stop complaining folks.

11. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Yeah very true didnt think of that :)

12. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #32 bigrand1, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
    They'll probably add Retina Display after awhile-IF they don't do so initially. Did it say they weren't gonna have it? I want that as well. And I agree that $9.99 is kinda high, but I know I'll be hitting that 'buy' button at 8 o'clock tonight anyway, so there's no use for me complaining about that. I just hope it's 60fps and controls well. I'm looking forward to it! Can't wait to play it!

13. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    So is this exclusive for the iPhone? I dont recall seeing this anywhere else, seems like it has always been sonic side stories, like sonic and knuckles, and well the list goes on tbh.

14. UncleLimey

UncleLimey Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    So people have a guess that there is no retina and it becomes fact. Gotta love the rumour mill.

Maybe before everyone moans that there is no retina , that they should wait and see if it does or not.. If it turns out not to have retina.. Then moan all you want.. Until then, enough with the retina whinging

15. KevD30

KevD30 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Its out on the consoles that plug into a tv next week

16. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    This might be SEGA's best work in 18 years. Way to work the hype machine and deliver. A few more solid releases and I may consider respecting them again, ever so slightly.

17. dthmtlgod

dthmtlgod Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Syracuse, NY
    The Football Manager for the iPhone is a pretty sweet application (made by Sega). That is probably the only game app that I play ever single day.

18. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Too pricey?! Not at all... Look at the quality of the graphics, music, sound, and gameplay. This game should be $20.

Are you serious?! So, even if the game itself is awesome, you're not going to buy it just because it doesn't utilize your shiny new display? Stop it...

I will.

A good game is a good game. I'm not going to nitpick just because of a few extra pixels. That's ridiculous, and embarrassing. I really hope SEGA, and all of the other developers understand that we all aren't this shallow.

Don't think only about yourself. SEGA isn't going to make 10 different versions of this game to cater to every iDevice. They made 1 version (that looks awesome) that can work on them all. Have some appreciation.

Right!

19. iDRevolution

iDRevolution Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    SEGA Games = Overpriced
    but... im still buying them all :)

20. Arock

Arock Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Wow i can't believe all the complaints about no retina and the price. This is classic Sonic the Hedgehog we are talking about. It was great back in the day with crappy TV's on a 16 bit system that could only display 64 colors at a time. This looks so much better with the same game play and VERY similar looking levels. I still occasionally bust out my Genesis and play Sonic 2 and still enjoy it. I cant wait to play this.