Universal Songbringer (by Double Eleven)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #21 Solarclipse, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Looking at the wiki there is supposed to be some ferret drones after following the guy with the guitar, but I can't follow him...he just disappears after leaving the screen...any clues?

Update: figured it out! Can't do spoilers well from phone so pm me for a hint of you like.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Wow. Totally hidden gem as others have said. Don’t know what I’m doing half the time but loving it so far. Unlocked the full game as soon as I played it. Very good game

Alex DeLargest and JasonLL like this.
  3. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    This is wonderful. Never heard of it before last weekend but what a gem. Has totally grabbed me in a way that no other action RPG or roguelike has in a long time. Way better than Hyper Light Drifter or Otherworld Legends or Juicy Realm, and frankly I’m enjoying it even more than Dead Cells.

JasonLL and Rocco SE like this.
  4. Rocco SE

Rocco SE Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    Totally with you on all the games you mention. It‘s THAT good.

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  5. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    I really can’t put my finger on it but I do agree with you and Rocco SE when comparing this to Hyper Light Drifter and I think HDL is a great game but I’ve been having more fun with Songbringer. The only thing I can come up with is that the pacing and feel of HDL feels much more modern compared to Songbringer and I prefer the latter.

Songbringer, much like Bleak Sword, feels like a game from a bygone era that had recently been unearthed. Songbringer seems like something I would find on a computer from thirty to forty years ago and I do agree with the GoTW article that it also feels incredibly similar to the original Zelda. All of that on top of a randomized dungeon crawler. Two thumbs way up!

Rocco SE and Alex DeLargest like this.