Universal Sometimes You Die (by Philipp Stollenmayer)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 26, 2014.

1. metatim

metatim Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Mobile game analyst
    I think this game works best if you have a particular level of skill and laziness, which I was lucky enough to have. A player with more skill and/or less laziness, like Matt33, will go ahead and achieve zero deaths and feel underwhelmed. My experience was quite different.

Okay, I'll add one more hint to my existing 2, which I'll repeat here for convenience:

Very mild hint for getting a perfect run:
    It is easier than you might expect. My scores went 175, 19, 0.

Slightly more obvious hint:
    Your death count resets whenever you enter the '1) Death' room

Quite direct hint, only look if you're ready to give up:
    The pause button is useful

2. dexlargo

dexlargo New Member

Apr 2, 2014
    #62 dexlargo, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    I got a perfect run, so I do know those things contained in your hints, but I take it that getting into the room past the impossible level has something to do with showing up there with no deaths? I thought it might be another spot where there's a passable but solid looking wall or something, so that information is helpful.

When I did my perfect run, I just immediately went past the impossible level and didn't look to see if it was different. I guess I'll have to get another perfect run and get in there.

As for getting the perfect run, I found going through the whole cycle each time was helpful - it let me practice those difficult jumps on subsequent levels, so that's my strategy anyway.

ETA: Ok, 30 minutes later, I put up another perfect run, but the impossible level doesn't look any different, so that does not look to me like it's the answer - Is it possible to get in the screen to the left of the impossible level at all? Kamibox? Is the reward image a clue? I'm not familiar with the meme that it goes with.

3. truechicken

truechicken Active Member

Mar 20, 2014
    i couldnt enter the impossible room, but Ai could put a block up there
    (attachment)

also, i found put that when you pause you regain jump so you can fly undefinetely

Attached Files:

4. truechicken

Mar 20, 2014
  5. truechicken

Mar 20, 2014
    and heres how you do it:

First, you have to know that I made it using a glitch. You can double jump, (in fact n-jump), if you press pause and then unpause. You can jump again, mid-air.
    Second, it is possible to trespass rooms. To do that, first you have to change gravity upwards and let the cube go to the ceiling.Then, press the pause button and the jump "button" alternatively like CRAZY. you will end up jumping in the air a lot of times. and hitting your head on the floor. You will end up trespassing the floor.
    All you have to do now is go to the room above the unreachable room. Its a room with a circle of spikes that will make kinda annoying to do the trick, but it is possible. Practice the trick in another room first.

6. truechicken

Mar 20, 2014
    one more thing:

if you do the floor tresapassong trick on a room that dows not exist, the game freezes

7. truechicken

Mar 20, 2014
    just found out more things!

First, it is possible to tresapass the ceiling too. Also, It is possible to reach the last roo
    (the nunber room) without making it though the whole dungeon. all you have to do is to to the room where you gain pause and then do the wall tresapassing glitch on the floor (on the room below). unfortunately the deatha in the orange dungeon still counts

8. truechicken

Mar 20, 2014
    oh man, dependi g on the room you trespass, you get some weird stuff.

i still was not able to tresspass a room and continue playing ehe

Attached Files:

9. truechicken

Mar 20, 2014
    ok, just figures it out how to make 0 deaths without passing the dungeon.

first go to the room on the attached immage. then do the wall trespassing glitch on the ceiling. doing it on the ceiling is harder than the floor. you will end up in the last toom with the cat. try to go to the room with the number. when you reach there ( the game becomes greqtly buggy),then, turn the game off and on again if you want to wander normally

Attached Files:

10. MissDrawsAlot

MissDrawsAlot New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Does anyone know where I can get the pause button? I don't care about spoilers -- I just don't want to start going for zero deaths without it.

Also, what is the reward for beating the orange rooms? (Please don't tell me it's the pause button...)

11. truechicken

Mar 20, 2014
    it is.

12. MissDrawsAlot

MissDrawsAlot New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Sigh.... looks like I'm going to be playing for a while. Thanks anyways!

13. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Is it possible to complete the levels with the orange background? I am one part impossible to get by.
    When do you get the the pause button?
    . Thanks

14. MissDrawsAlot

MissDrawsAlot New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Yes it is.
    It takes a while to get there, but you need to get to the opposite side of that room with the diamonds on the ground and roller spikes in the centre. You'll have to go around it the long way. After that there's a few more rooms and then you'll fall into an empty room, where it presents you with the pause button. You can promptly restart to the "DEATH" room. :) Trust me, if
    you have the patience to run around for a while, you'll get there eventually.
    Good luck!

15. thetragicclown

Patreon Silver

Jun 19, 2013
    I am so stuck on the orange levels. If anyone finds a walkthrough or something please let me know.

16. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    #76 se99jmk, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
    Got it! Seen golden thingy :)

Also it's possible to get to the room left of the impossible room, without using any pass-through-walls glitch

Hint
    You need to use pause and n jump to get there..

Solution
    turn it upside down so gap is at the top right. Use pause and double jump to get to the top right corner. If you time it JUST right you can get through the gap.

Same trick can be used one screen right of the death room to get over the stairs and score 0 deaths without having to do the full loop

17. truechicken

Mar 20, 2014
    haha well, still using a glitch!!! :p

18. kamibox

kamibox Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Sometimes You Die – The Prologe Update

This Thursday, Sometimes You Die will be updated with a new chapter, new unlockables and with German translation.
    Also, the price will drop to 0.99$ for a few days, starting Thursday.

19. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Fantastic news!!! Can't wait for this :-D

20. truechicken

Mar 20, 2014
    well that was unexpected