Universal Sometimes You Die (by Philipp Stollenmayer)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 26, 2014.

1. korkidog

korkidog Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 12, 2012
    Illinois
    Anyone get past the level, I Could Make Levels Impossible to Finish? If so, how did you do it?!? Can't figure it out!!!

Thanks!

2. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Go to previous "room" and find alternative route.

3. korkidog

korkidog Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 12, 2012
    Illinois
    Thanks Duke12. Appreciate it.

4. dexlargo

dexlargo New Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Sometimes you die

Love the game, but agree with kaplejon,
    The map shows a big room beyond the spike in the 'impossible' level - is there some way to get there? Is that the reward for 0 deaths maybe?

5. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Hint:
    The way to continue is in the previous room

6. dexlargo

dexlargo New Member

Apr 2, 2014
    ^Bronxsta, does your hint relate to progressing through the game normally? If so, that's not what my question relates to.
    I know that you bypass the 'impossible' level in the prior screen. At the end of the levels, the game shows you a map with all of your deaths plotted. On that map, it clearly displays a room on the other side of the 'impossible' room. I want to know if it is indeed possible to get into that room? If your hint does actually answer my question, could you let me know?

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This game is ripping up the top charts

8. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Holy damn it's at #2 overall now

9. Wow, that is good. So this game is good?

10. Bronxsta

Oh, I misunderstood your question. Sorry for any confusion

11. Bronxsta

I enjoyed it. It's kind of like Monument Valley in a way: a short but full focused experience that doesn't feel lacking.

Here are my impressions from earlier in the thread

12. Thanks Bronxsta. The game looks sharp. It kind of reminds me of typerider from the screenshots. Monument Valley is a good game, so this one must be too.

13. Wellhiya

Wellhiya New Member

Apr 4, 2014
    Finally

There is hope:)

While I have yet to achieve the infamous "Perfect run" I do at least finally feel like I've completed the game on o a level I'm comfortable with :)

I feel there are three levels of completion previously known
    1: first run completion
    2: extra levels completion
    3: Perfect run
    And now the fourth wich is not really about difficulty as much as a nagging feeling that there is a way and then finding it.
    You know you've achieved it when you see the message from the developer :)

I'd be happy to show a screen cap but I think that would take the accomplishment away from others with a nagging curiousity to see the game completely :)

14. metatim

metatim Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Mobile game analyst
    I'm very interested in what the third part truly is. I got to the pause button, which I assume is the end of the second part.

After that, I've managed this (screenshot posted for integrity!):
    [​IMG]

(The map room changes, but I won't spoil that part with a screenshot!)

I've also visited the impossible room.

Now I'm wondering if I'm missing something, and questioning everything about the game... which is I suppose the intent!

Very mild hint for getting a perfect run:
    It is easier than you might expect. My scores went 175, 19, 0.

Slightly more obvious hint:
    Your death count resets whenever you enter the '1) Death' room

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Wait so can someone explain the "4 parts" to me? I have this but haven't played it yet

16. kamibox

kamibox Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Very, very good. You've missed nothing and I guess you are through with the game, the third part was getting through the game with zero deaths. You were probably the first one to visit the new map screen.

17. metatim

metatim Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Mobile game analyst
    Awesome. Thanks for the great game! I realised there was one more small thing I missed - some illuminated text. A nice touch.

Play it first! Check this thread for hints only if you get stuck or think you might have reached the end.

18. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Kinda disappointed with the realization that the "hidden" and "challenging" content was just the
    orange background section.
    To me it was an obvious progression after being presented with the image of the idevice flipping, and felt like the conclusion to my first run.

After that is just the option of achieving zero deaths, which I didn't find too difficult through planning and eliminating almost all need for spontaneous movement. Doing this unlocks nothing further, and you're only presented with
    an anti-climactic image relating to a particular part of internet culture which I've personally never found amusing.

So there was pretty much 1 completion layer, with the option of challenging yourself to beat it without dying, and in doing so be rewarded with nothing other than the act itself. Sorry to be a bummer. It's a pretty good game, but for me, the reality of the extra content didn't live up to the description put forth by the developer and member's recommendations.

19. dexlargo

dexlargo New Member

Apr 2, 2014
    is this the impossible room? Could I get a hint for how to get in there? I've now finished with zero deaths and seen the image
    as proof, it's in a golden frame
    , but still haven't gotten into the room past the 'impossible' level. Any help?

Metatim, you said you got in there - a hint? Please?