Something strange goes on with Discover

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Habakuk, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

"Discover is a mobile file manager app that enables you to manage your files in iPhone, storage files, view files and share files with other computer or iPhone within the same Wi-Fi network." App Shopper Link.

There is a new version (added ads) out since some hours. The developer writes: "In this version we fixed a small bug that will cause blank screen in some iphones." Never had this issue, but read on please.

Until yesterday the app worked fine like it did for over a month but before updating I tried it out again and I am getting just a white screen when starting the app! On a friend's iPhone the same thing: White screen instead of app since some hours!

A time bomb?! Forced to upgrade to the adware version or buy the non-ads version? If it's true: Strange modalities...

I am gone a bit reluctant in upgrading at any price since the only new things in shortly updated famous Shazam p.e. seem to be ads (having still the ad-free version - works great - no need to update :)).

2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    seems like it. Tricky devs. I coudnt help ya, seeing as how i dont have the app. Good luck to ya though.

3. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    sounds like a scam or something... just snag Shazam right? good luck!