Something New in the 2.1 software... I think

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by break5, Sep 12, 2008.

1. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I don't know if anyone's found this yet, but if you put your iPhone/iPod touch to sleep and then press the sleep/wake button again, the "slide" screen shows up, and if you double click the home button, music controls come up so you can control your music from there. If you don't have paused or playing music, it'll play the first song in your "Songs" section.

Also, double click again to get rid of them.

2. rafiparrrr

rafiparrrr Member

Sep 12, 2008
    No, that's been there at least since the initial 2.0 release. It's a great feature, and you can use it from any application: opening up safari or Aurora Feint and double clicking the home button brings up the same menu.

3. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i think its been there since 1.0...I know i used it before 2.0
    but may be rendered useless now with the 2nd gen physcal controls and or headphone controls...still a nice option though

I wonder if at some point, apple can change that control to lets say, jot down a new note, or for an iphone, record a quick voice msg...
    it would be nice if customizable

but its still a nice feature if you can get it to work, I have always found that in the time it takes me to get that control up, i could of swiped acorss, hit music, and changed the controls there

4. dlogik

dlogik Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2008
    #4 dlogik, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
    How about we work on getting notes to sync with our macs first, then worry about the home button to be customizable! ;)

That's some crazy finger work mek! I love the double home music control feature. My only problem is that I have my iPod Touch stuck in an Apple sock so I have to actually lift the sock off to get to those quick music controls hehe.