Some More Sales

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Rockey04, Jul 10, 2009.

1. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I've heard they're similar too, but idk no one ever answered. I bought RTMI anyway, but haven't played it yet.

2. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    I currently own both games right now, and to me personally, RTMI is much better.

Myst takes on a fanastic world where you have to sort of figure out the world around you, while this sounded cool to me at the beginning and never had played Myst before, took the plunge and got it. Then... i realized i despised this game, I was utterly and completely lost and was not interested at all in figuring out how the confusing world of myst worked. So i gave up and deleted it. Another reason i didn't really like Myst is that movement and interaction felt awkard in that game.

RTMI however takes on a relaxing, vibrant 3d world, where you have freedom to explore the island but also limits your movements so it is not disorienting. The game is much more beginner friendly as you are given at least a clear objective and KNOW what to work towards. The graphics look nice, the movement feels smooth. While Myst and RTMI both have arrow indicated directions, the immersion in RTMI seems better.

All in all I personally perferred RTMI much better then MYST, myst is probably a good game, just not my type. Hope I helped

3. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    cool thanks. I never played myst on the pc so there isn't that nostalgia factor pushing me to buy it. I may pick this up

4. Frant

Frant Well-Known Member

also on sale
    I Dig It
    geoDefence
    Quantum Collapse