iPad Some apps and games been enjoying last couple of days

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mrbass, Oct 16, 2008.

1. #1 mrbass, Oct 16, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
    Here's some apps been goofing around last couple days with.

Diner Dash $5 (decent...quick tap much preferred over mouse clicking on Mac)

Liquid $1 using it to make lots of Kai Power Goo type images of my kids and kids like it too. More entertaining than Koi Pond IMHO which isn't saying much but still.

Finally broke down and bought USA TODAY Crosswords $5. I think those Quick Cross 4 x 4 grids are totally fun.

Brushes $1 this one is way cool. My wife plans to make some good paintings I can show since I suck at art.

Score $2 just rediscovered this gem. Absolute must if your into German Board Games. Maybe only small niche I guess. Oh well still great for us that into games like RA, Puerto Rico, Agricola for instance.

MathTables $1 waiting till new update is out that shows 4 instead of previous 3 digits in circle. Think this one is best of best math games out there.

FS5 Hockey (free) one geez I'm thinking it really is better than that $1 Air Hockey game. It says it shows ads after 5 mins which I've seen. This is question I have. It says first time you start it must have internet connection so is that first time ever or each time you start it up? Guess I need to test this. I really think anything that requires a internet connection each and everytime you start an app/game, cough 21 Sponsored BlackJack cough, shouldn't even be allowed on the app store.

Games I still need to play more to get a feel for are Numba, Consumed (still need to check original attax rules can you jump one 2 spaces then go left or right? hmmm. HiqUpLite only done couple levels that was a week ago or so. Think I might actually end up liking this one. Virus need to play more got it for $1. My kids like it but gotta make sure it wasn't just those 2 days they've played it. Not sure if replay value is there or not.

Regret purchasing Camerabag $3 down the drain.

2. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Agreed camera bag was a bust nothing special that you cant do on photoshop. Definitely like dinner dash and cross words FS5 hockey is definitely a steal tho have you gotten raging thunder is it worth the 4 or is GTS worth the 3 bucks??
    Cheers

CloneWars

3. mek

mek Well-Known Member

my favorite games and what i have been playing for the last week and right now are

galcon, totally addictive, esp with online play

reign of swords, good turn based strategy

knots, free and its like twister for your fingers, but with clothes on

cubic man , on level 80 out of 100 right now cause back on the ipods 2.0 software it kept crashing, the ipod not the game, and i always had to restart it...it is fun

fieldrunners for or TD game right now

beer bounce....kills some time with no mess

phit....it gets challenging but it is relaxing

lux touch...its risk

trace

4. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Letely I've been into

FieldRunners, because it's awesome.
    Nanosaur, I'm absolutely horrible at it so far, but I like it a lot, crappy save system and all.
    Loot Wars, it's simple, but fun.
    Imangi, probably the best word game I've ever played.
    X-Plane, I just got this recently and I really like it. I'm not even sure why I like it.
    Galcon, of coarse.
    Sprocket, it didn't catch on much, but I like it a lot. When you get towards the end of the puzzles they really make you think.

5. mek

mek Well-Known Member

@notyou

i have sprocket, but there is something about it, it drives me nuts, but the laying of gears doesnt seem right to me for some reason...maybe i haven't played it enough and it takes some time to get use to...

6. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    It took me a few levels to really get it. Only certain gears can fit certain other gears and only in certain spots. It's all right on graphically. If you look real close (and rack your brain) you can see what should fit. There's almost a weird math to it.

7. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i think thats it, i was thinking any gear would fit as long as they were touching, which doesnt work in the real world so why would that fuzzy logic work in the game...thanks for pointing that out.....i'll give it another go

8. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
    How is Nanosaur? I was thinking of getting it for a video review.

9. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    There's a whole thread with everyone freaking out back and forth about it. It has a crappy save system that only lets you save after each level (each long level).

Personally I like it a lot. Even though you can't save, it's no big deal because the game's fun. There's a lot of action so it's not like you go through the same thing over and over. My only problem with it is it's really hard. That might just be me though. I'm not used this kind of game and I REALLY suck at it. I keep going back t it though.

I would recommend it. It's a lot of game for the the money. Should be with the $10 games easily.

10. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles

Found the thread you were talking about.. quite a flame war

11. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Flick Bowling - nice graphics, lame pin physics, at the end of the day this game is really fun and totally worth the 99 cents.

Dactyl - challenging and free, check it out

Bee Cell - another colored dot game, but this one is pretty addictive and challenging. I give it a B+

Virtual Pool - I love this pool sim. If you into shooting pool this app is pretty spectacular.

Zen Roller Coaster Pinball - Fun, ok framerate, nice 3d table. Games are too long though, as you get 5 balls and multiple "free rides".

TouchGhosts - Great concept, although I have yet to beat even the first level. Therefor, I hate it.

Virus - Great game, some minor probelms. The game goes from level one till you die a few times then its over. So, you have to start all over again after you die. I hate going through the easy levels over and over again. Great concept and gameplay, worth all the no money I spent on it.

12. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Wikipanion - Will by the full version in the next month. It's just the best reader for Wikipedia in the AppStore. I really like the function that you can read an article and mark other linked articles for later reading.

MindMaker - Mind Map app. Nice work, export functionality missing, but will come in an update.

Exposure - Really got faster with the last update.

Easy Relax - Finally a sound generator where you can mix your own bombastic lighting thunder storm with heavy rain!

Tag Show - Slideshow over Google Images

Some new games I played: Numba, Trace, Hiqup, Lux Touch, Aqua Hoops

And the old ones, which still survived on my device and which I played the last days: Fuzzle (currently I like it more than Bee Cells), Motion X Poker, Solar Blaster, X-Plane, Flick Bowling

13. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Score? Not in the app store. What is the full name, please?

14. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Score

15. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I didn't realize we were talking about apps in general.

iBlueSky: I just discovered this, but I'm not sure how I got along without it before. If you're a creative peson, especially a writer, this app is priceless. Its saved me tons of time already.

Brushes: I made a whole thread about this one I think it needs more attention. It's a very natural feeling "drawing" app.

Showtimes: An awesome movie schedule app. It now has trailers and poster (and it's free!).

Zenbe: It's just a to do list, but you can sync it online. It has a nice interface too.

Evernote: Combined with the (free) desktop program, this is one of the best apps I've come across. It's almost perfect.