Universal Solomon's Keep (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Apr 3, 2010.

1. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Thanks for that! Really helps!

Man, I love this game! It relly sucked me in, and I love how you can customise your wizard to be an expert in fireballs, or a jack-of-all-trades.
    Also, an unexpected but pleasant surprise is that once you "complete" the game, you're challenged to try again but this time with a restriction of your choice... such as "promise won't use any items", "won't buy Wisdom to boost skills", or "complete within an hour". I really appreciate that! I think I'm going to have to click the in-app donate button... you guys have really thought this one out! Love it!

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #1302 Coldar, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
    SK is a terrific game and one of my all time favs but noticed when using the Ring of Fire skill it takes a few taps to get a response, if at all and yea, its powered up. I'm at Wizard Difficulty level 29 and its getting to be a much harder game with this not working properly. I really enjoy this skill and my personal preference so continuing to use it although its getting to be a major handicap at this point in the game. Anyone experienced this when played?

Edit: nv, got it working.
    (found that wizard needs to be still for it to work)

3. Infamous Butcher

Infamous Butcher Active Member

Jul 12, 2010
    #1303 Infamous Butcher, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
    I hope some of you have thought of taking the discussion The official forum at here it's just a idea, and by the way, boneyard 2.0 will be out soon

4. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #1304 tblrsa, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
    What a great little game this is, i could shoot myself in the foot for holding off for so long. Great little time waster. I enjoy the subtle Diablo nods, like the rain pouring on the town streets or some of the dialogue ("Ahh, Fresh Meat"). Had myself a good laugh at the opening dialogue introducing Solomon, hilarious.

I´ve learned ur the guy behind Hamsterball, a quality title aswell. Keep up the good work!

5. Raptisoft

Raptisoft Well-Known Member

For those that are interested, I am trying to play a Solomon's Keep related April Fool's joke on a good friend... I need a lot of people to send irate e-mails for this to work.

If you want to participate, see this thread here, it has instructions:
    http://raptisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=1076.0

But please send no e-mails until Apr 1!

If he gets a certain amount of e-mails, I'm going to throw something into Solomon's Keep for free that was going to be a paid addon! So send, send like the wind!

6. WonderingIf

WonderingIf Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Kid herding
    In an alternate reality
    Raptisoft,

I'm late to the party, but I just discovered Solomon's Keep. This is a great game! Awesome work! Fun, easy to play, great (smooth!) controls, funny dialogue, all of that!

I beat the game on the normal mode and am now playing through wizard mode. Have trouble with Monoculus but having a blast anyway. Thanks for an awesome game, and keep up the great work.

Next, I'm going to try Solomon's Boneyard!

7. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    OK, overall great game, have bought all the IAP, posted a detailed 5 star review, blah, blah....

However, if nothing else is ever addressed for future updates, for the love of all that is good, could you add some sort of confirmation for the "trade all gold for experience".

First off, rarely is this ever a good idea for reasons I'll detail in a second, second, I've been nailed by a mis-touch too many times. Here I am on a Demigod play through, just sold off a bunch of good stuff so I could buy a skill and... oh, gee, I will level up the next time I kill something, NOOOOOO!

So now, here I am about to get a skill I would have gotten anyhow in a few more minutes since I was about to ding another level and I will never be able to accumulate enough gold before I reach Solomon to buy the skill I wanted, really not happy right this minute. It should only ever take enough gold to reach that next level.

-----

Here's why this probably shouldn't even be offered as it is currently implemented, and certainly needs some sort of confirmation:

1. It doesn't become more economical to buy experience instead of skills until well after you've purchased so many skills you probably don't even care. The cost-benefit of this feature is poorly balanced.

2. It doesn't roll over. It takes ALL your gold but you can never buy more experience than you need to be just shy of your next level. That is a very poor implementation.

8. caiusmisus

caiusmisus New Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Stuck in wall too. But on demigod difficulty lvl 48 :((((. It started when the door in town from floor 8 didn't work. So i tried to climb up manually. But "booom" i emerged into wall somewhere in the middle of floor one. I tried to get free. Didn't work. So i restarted and it placed me at the beginning of floor one. Tried to climb to floor two and "booom". AGAIN. Stuck in wall, can't get out. restart doesn't work. LVL 48 char lost. :((((((((((((

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Awesome update and free now for anyone who doesn't have it.

10. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    What did the update add?

11. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    FREE?

*EVERYONE* get this, I cannot recommend it highly enough, especially to fans of dual-stick shooters.

(Except the magic cabinet is a little unclear...)

12. COHagan23

COHagan23 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    What Game Center support has been added - leader boards or achievements, or both?

13. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Both

14. COHagan23

COHagan23 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Sweet x2

15. aggiedeals

aggiedeals Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    1st gen? Oh yeah, its waaaaayyyy past time to upgrade. I have my 2nd gen touch and i think it is way behind on many games already

16. free atm. updated today? wtf. i just thought about downloading it. woot !@

17. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    This thread seems to be over but I'll ask for details on an iPad version, I really hope one comes out!

18. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Recently been playing this old gem again in anticipation of Solomon Dark. Great replay value :)

19. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Let's prey it's still happening. It is my most anticipated iOS game, ever.

20. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Wow! That is the name of a game that I have not heard for quite a while.

Great to see this thread reliving once again.

What happened to the developer? There is a talk of a sequel, but that was more than a couple of years ago!