Universal Solomon's Keep (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Raptisoft

Raptisoft Well-Known Member

I might add GameCenter at some point... the main thing that's stopping me is that older iPhone OS's won't handle it. Also, I'm trying to move forward with a bigger, better version for iPad, Win, and Mac.

As for Multiplayer... I've been keeping an eye on iPod/Pad games and their multiplayer, since all of them seemed to sync really horrible. So I was waiting to see how Minigore did it, and see if I could use it to prototype multiplayer in Boneyard.

Sadly, Minigore multiplayer is absolutely horrible. If you are sitting next to your co-player, you can see that the games sync only occasionally. Often you are simply firing at monsters that stand completely immobile (I assume because they're being AI controlled by the other player's machine).

I'm not sure what it is about the iOS packet sending, but it's clear it doesn't work quite right... even just sending pings from one device to another sometimes can take 5 seconds to arrive.

So at the moment I'm saving the multiplayer for the Win/Mac version. That version will probably be ported back to iOS4, but I expect the multiplayer will not sync well.

2. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I would be happy even with just the achievements being moved to GC.

3. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Solomon's Keep is free for a couple of days! Perfect occasion to check out what an amazingly great Appstore gem that game is. I have been enjoying this game for months, and the new update made this game even better. So what are you all waiting for?

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Heck yeah!! Been waitng for this!!! Thanks raptisoft!

5. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    Agreed - That would be awesome! Ps, Solomans Keep for FREE? Get it while it's hot!!

6. globalist

globalist Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I just got this and love it! Only gripe - no retina support. I wonder, is it planned?

7. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I hope this free promotion isn't a desperate attempt to get attention for the game meaning it isn't selling well. I think it's still the best game on the app store to date and hope it gets the love it deserves. I've spent more time in SK than most console games. If I run into a post about dual stick shooters or free apps for a day, I almost always bring up Solomon's Keep hoping it gets a little recognition out of pure love for it. Latest example: Destructoid's free app of the day blog post, I added a comment, maybe if someone else writes about it too they will write about SK as well in a new post - check the comments page here: http://www.destructoid.com/free-app-of-the-day-hero-project-190136.phtml

8. Solid Snake Man

Solid Snake Man Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    EMT/Instrumentalist
    Sacramento, CA
    iPad version? Cannot wait for that, SK is by far my most played app on the iPhone and I would love to see it big. Phenomenal job with the game, I had no problem picking up the DLC and donating to Raptisoft, and I really hope to see many more updates in the future. Would love a sequel down the line that takes the gameplay/style/characters and puts it into a whole sort of Diablo-esque exploratory world. Seriously can't get enough of the game!

9. MrStayPuft

MrStayPuft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    Just picked this up now. This is one of the good games I missed when it came out.

Game Center achievements would be great. More and more I just play to unlock achievements. It's just rewarding and gives you more reason to play. I try to unlock a couple achievements a night. Thats just how I play now.

10. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Totally agree on both statements. I enjoyed Solomon's Boneyard, but the ceaseless attacks wore me down literally. Solomon's Keep is more enjoyable as there's breathing space between levels. Hope you can get the GC achievements done.

Cheers!

11. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    quick questions:

what will happen if i die?
    how can i go back to town for shopping?

this game is so fun!

12. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Got it free but been on my wish list. Knew it was a real nice game from all the recommendations. I'm playing this more than my seven dollar games I'd just bought.

13. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Anyone know if there's a way to increase the range of the light at all? Ring or spell perhaps later on in the game? I've only just started as I only just downloaded it today.

14. globalist

globalist Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    What about the retina display support?

15. belaynvnas

belaynvnas Member

Dec 24, 2010
    This games better than chaos rings. No idea what you're talking about. If it was terrible, you wouldn't have played it until the end.If you're fond of action RPGs, Solomon's Keep will satisfy your black heart.

16. MrStayPuft

MrStayPuft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    Game should landscape so the headphones jack is in the top right corner. This should be some sort of standard but I still find even new games not doing this. Perfect Cell for example.

17. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    I downloaded this the other day and it is quite addicting and well made. I already started over because I accidentally selected some skills I did not want. I reminds me a lot of the first Diablo & Darkstone. I do wish the environments were more varied, but the gameplay is solid.

My character has gotten stuck on things a few times, once I didn't see anything obvious around (no invisible enemies either). The game does not seem to record my deaths correctly either, giving a count higher than my actual deaths.

One suggestion would be to add a small arrow to indicate where you will fire as it is sometimes difficult to tell where I am aiming.

18. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Go to Options/Settings and turn off gloom.

What the heck is "Kids Mode" or whatever?

19. Baronic

Baronic Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Kids mode = invincibility, infinite mana.

20. dar512

dar512 Member

May 6, 2010
    Anyone played this on an iPad? Are the controls workable?