Universal Solomon's Keep (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Apr 3, 2010.

1. mrote

mrote New Member

Sep 28, 2010
    geez not seconds after i posted that about the peel i died in a locked room and it ****ing kept restarting me in the middle of it! luckily i had potions so i finally survived the onslaught after dying like 7 times. these bugs r pretty unfortunate cuz this is the best game ive played on the iphone otherwise.

2. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    As much as I have played, I have never ran into any game-breaking bugs such as these. You must have been very unfortunate.

3. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    I have played this game many times and have yet to run into a bug... So yah, you must have some pretty bad luck then.

4. Drumkit62

Drumkit62 Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    #1264 Drumkit62, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    Solomon's Keep is 1st, Boneyard is 3rd in Role Playing Category

Just took a peek at the App Store listings, and was pleasantly surprised to see both at the top.

Congrats to John and the Raptisoft Team for two fantastic games. :D ;)

More updates coming soon, and they will only get better!

DK
    Solomon's Keep and Boneyard Beta Tester

5. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Haven't played this in about 6 months, but I've fallen back in love with it - looks great on the iPhone 4!

6. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    it supports retina display?

7. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Not sure but the graphics are insanely good, I think the icon is retina, idk doesn't matter to me really, now that all the bugs ect have been ironed out this is my mini iOS Diablo (I always play mage classes)!!! :D

I'm hoping Solomon's Keep The Return is in development, I will be first to support Raptisoft. :cool:

8. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Hey. A couple questions from a SK and roguelike rpg newcomer:

Does the Battle Mage power-up have an effect on Sirius' primary skill? I assume it does but wasn't sure.

When you redeem gold for experience points, how much is the xp gauge boosted? Is there like a ratio (100 gold equals a full gauge) to remember?

Really enjoying this game. Thanks in advance for any info.

9. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Battle Mage affects ALL offensive magic. Gold is a 1:1 ratio for experience. If you pay 5,000 gold, you will get 5,000 experience.

10. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Got an 8/10 on PG, pretty fair review to me

11. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    How disappointing:

I was playing on archmage difficulty with 9 missiles and faster caster 175% by way of an epic ring(+150%) and the skill...then i get an epic ring that gave me +2 to all skills :p......then I finish archmage, and was hoping to keep going so I could start crafting different weapons but to my dismay, archmage is the last difficulty :(

I hope more difficulty/longer stages are coming in 3.0 :)

12. robsta76

robsta76 Member

Oct 23, 2010
    #1272 robsta76, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
    Frustrating...

Raptisoft: Great game. I've been playing it for a few weeks, and have read nearly every comment posted on this thread.

My frustration lies with the choices of rings and staffs at the beginning of the game. I realised early on that these are random, and as such I find myself spending hours restarting the game until I find an adequate selection (including 100% XP, 100% gold, 75% Mana recovery and 2+ Battle Mage) not to mention lightning and battle mage as the skills improvement. I read early on that this was intentional from the programmers to give a different replay value, which is fine, but there are many many players out there, including myself, who would like to choose these items ourselves. I want to choose my own selection, rather than playing a sub standard game with 5% mana recovery (how weak is that!) considering I only have 2 ring slots and 1 staff slot. As much as I'm told 'play the game as it's intended', I will still spend hours starting new games until I get an adequate selection.

Any chance of including this in an update, so we can choose our own rings and staffs to add to the shop for future ingame purchases?

13. robsta76

robsta76 Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Game bug

Hi there.

I think I've found a bug within the game.

I've played this game many, many times since I purchased it. I noticed that the Battle Mage skill can be increased to level 8 without an item, such as a ring, increasing this. However, if I purchase a skill upgrade for Battle Mage, this can only be upgraded to level 6 and then it is max'd out. After this max out, there is no level upgrade given at all to increase Battle Mage past level 6 to 8. I've tested this without a +2 Battle Mage item equipped also. So why could I increase to level 8 previously, but can no longer increase past level 6 now? Also, I posted a different request directly above which has still been unanswered. Hopefully someone will get back to me on this.

Many thanks. :)

14. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Same with me! The loading times on my old 2G were quite to long. But on my 4G it's a "pick up and play" game :)

15. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I really hope this is NOT an added feature, I just like playing the game with what it throws at me, otherwise you could also say - when you level up, why randomize the 3 (or 4) skills you can choose to upgrade? Just give me all the possibilities! It takes away from the randomness of the game which I find so much fun, I love not knowing where the game will move me next!

16. tomato937

tomato937 Active Member

Dec 1, 2010
    I love it. n great game.

17. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    3.0 is now out.

What's New in Version 3.0
    o An "Addons" button has been added to the main menu, with game addons!
    o The Amazing Cabinet has been added to the game! It lets you store items away to use in a new game. It's free, enable it in the addons!
    o Damage resistance has been capped at 95%
    o Poison arrows will no longer poison through magic shield
    o A Discuss button in setup will take you to the Raptisoft forums where you can ask questions. (If you're on a mobile device, it will take you to the mobile version of the forums)
    o A new potion has been added, which does 4x damage for 30 seconds. It's expensive, and only occasionally in the store, but could mean the difference between life and death!
    o All awesomeness high scores are now reset! There is a new awesomeness scoring system in place that makes your awesomeness score better reflect how toe-curlingly awesome you really are. Visit the forum at www.raptisoft.com if you want a full breakdown of how awesomeness points are distributed.
    o Facebook has been removed, because so many people were having facebook problems.
    o When you kill Solomon, you will immediately level up.
    o Frost magic now is available as an addon! Frost magic can weld to form Frost Missile, Steam, and Blizzard Beam, and a new cold-based secondary spell is added, meaning five new offensive spells.
    o Meditating now also speeds the recovery of secondary skills
    o Demigod difficulty has been added after Archmage, with appropriate feats. Demigod Difficulty is very, very difficult!
    o Max player level has been raised from 57 to 75
    o Having the creativity skill reduces all skill level requirements by 7 (i.e. if a skill is only available above level 25, creativity makes it available at level 18)
    o The spell caps on all four offensive spells have been raised to 20 (with a maximum of 25 with items) to assist in the greater difficulty offered by Demigod.
    o Boss Monsters now scale up their attack tactics on higher difficulties (increased speed and frequency). You will earn your awesomeness.
    o The display of skills in the character sheet has been cleaned up to group related skills together.
    o Ring of Fire and Acid Rain can be upgraded five levels further after you pass level 20.
    o Magic Shield can be upgraded two levels further after you pass level 25
    o Siege Mage's skill cap has been increased two levels
    o A mana-less fireball now looks different than a full-strength fireball
    o Elemental Enhancement Spells: You say there's no good reason not to weld your magic? Well now there is. All four primary attacks have their own "elemental focus" spell which don't get welded in, and which are available after player level 30: Elemental Maximum spells require that you have a skill point in all the sub-skills of the elemental spell.
    o An addon has been added that lets you select a different look for your wizard, and female wizards! (Sorry, all wizards are blue... it's the traditional color that the Wizard College drapes a surely doomed wizard in when he/she goes off on a deadly quest).

18. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I used to do this to, but I realized how un-fun it was(i used to do it at level up as well), spending as much time resetting and playing the first part as actually dungeon crawling. Trust me when I say this, the game became 100% more fun when I stopped doing it and played the game as intended, which is to just go through with the skills and items randomly given to you, no resets. It makes each game unique, you try new builds, and it raises the difficulty to where it is appropriate and meant to be.

19. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I'm glad to see that Raptisoft is continuing to update their games. I just wish he'd add GC support to SK/SB. :(

20. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Yeah co-op multiplayer on both Solomons via Game Center could be amazing. The game is still amazing as is though.