Universal Solomon's Keep (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Scythe89

Scythe89 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Great game, but it's too easy to accidently delete your game and have to start over when you die.

2. I also started seeing this problem after winning the game.

Good work on a fun game

3. touchchamp

touchchamp Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    What's going on with the update for Hoggy with new levels?

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    The few bugs aside, I can see this game shooting to the top of the paid charts.

I usually can't get into games unless there's online social scores ie. Plus+, Crystal, OF etc. This game broke that mold however, I've been playing this non-stop. It's had me "spellbound";)

I've left my 5 Stars on the AppStore.

5. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Well I guess I'm gonna hve to wait for the update, because now the game crashes after its loading screen every time :(

6. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Game runs beautifully on my 3GS, OS 3.1.2 with occasional sticky controls while it crashed twice immediately upon launching on my iPod Touch 2G OS 3.1.3. After I restarted the device it had been running very smoothly frozen only once but got me back to the exact spot where I left off.

So far I'm loving the game. Played non stop last night in bed until I could almost no longer hold on to the device :p

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    +1, same device, same performance and same addiction:p

8. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Holy crap! I had just cleared a floor and was taking a long walk to the stairs, so I walked with one hand and drank some water with the other. A reaper or something jumped at me and almost killed me in one hit. My volume was loud and it scared the crap out of me. Are there more random events like this?

9. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    That happened to me as well, minus the loud volume and glass of water. :) And this is also what I meant by the game continuing to throw surprises at you.

Basically, this is one of those games where you can tell developers cared. And that makes a huge difference.

I remember when Catacombs came out and complaints were made over relative shallowness of gameplay, dev tried defending it by saying they set out to make something "simple" and what more do we want from a 99c game? Well, this is what we want. And we can get it here. The price is actually irrelevant. I want this much forethought. This much attention to detail. Then I don't care if the game is a buck or five. All it means here is we are getting a superb bargain.

10. txag2005

txag2005 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    That's the beauty of a good indie game with a developer who cares. There is no other gaming platform where you have so much access and conversation with developers.

11. Thorkon

Thorkon Member

Nov 24, 2009
    My game has deleted twice after spending 90 minutes playing each time.... the second time it deleted my game had froze at the game over screen so I restart the app and I'm at the beginning again... this. game Is crazy fun but having my game delete twice is discouraging. I'm on 3rd gen touch

12. RiverOnFire

RiverOnFire Well-Known Member

But I'm hoping the developer adds OF later on.

13. txag2005

txag2005 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Not me...i like how its not part of one the social networks

14. Ventura

Ventura Well-Known Member

I've got to say, some parts of this game are absolute genius. Like how when you level, if you choose to train up in increased health or mana, the bar gets longer. What a marvellous idea.

Great little game, doesn't have a lot of depth, but it's an absolute steal at it's current price. There's some obvious issues to fix, such as the freezing, but it's a great game nonetheless.

15. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    It actually has quite a bit of depth for a $.99 DS. It already has a lot more to offer than Catacombs and Minigore.

16. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    I agree. This is actually the type of game I was hoping iDracula would become.

I really like the game, but it's SO unstable (and yes, I restarted the phone). If it's not crashing when I launch/press the start button, then it crashes (100%) after waking the phone from sleep. I really hope the devs' update fixes this issue, because otherwise the game is barely playable.

17. Raptisoft

Raptisoft Well-Known Member

Naw, that's not a bug. Sometimes gold spawns outside the chests to give it a look of "piles and piles of wonderful, wonderful bling."

Just FYI, we're working on the bugs so we can get an update out ASAP, I hope this week, even. Can't duplicate this freeze thing at all, so if anyone at any point finds a good reliable way of reproducing that, and can tell me, I'll gladly put your name on the credits and mark you for a free copy of Hoggy for Windows/Mac when it's finished!

18. Ventura

Ventura Well-Known Member

I just said it didn't have a lot of depth. You play one class, can spend an ability every time you level allowing you to choose from three main attacks, and have to level a keep to defeat a nasty mage. That's not a lot of depth. That said, it couldn't have less than the aforementioned Minigore.

The freezing seems completely random to me. I've had it freeze up a couple of times, doing completely different things. It's a pain in the arse, but at least it saves exactly where you were.

There's some neat touches in this game though. I like the things that Solomon says when you die, and the list of stats when you beat it is pretty funny.

19. Thorkon

Thorkon Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Well I found the thing deleting my game. When you die if you click main menu instead of continue it erases your game

20. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

one thing i wholeheartedly dislike is when darkness is applied round the edges of the screen. the fact that it also makes killing the arrow guys harder really doens't do much in it's favour.

otherwise though, pretty cool game!
    i am now 100% addicted to this game