Universal Solomon's Keep (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Apr 3, 2010.

1. txag2005

txag2005 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    screw it..i got it...once I hear Diablo/Torchlight comparisons...I'm sold

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

I is just a buck! ;)

Game is also a little bit like Catacombs.

3. lolymoli

lolymoli Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    I am on the fence on this one :p
    I only have 3$ left on my acc so i gotta be wise, does it have lots of contents?

4. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    How big is this game compared to Sword of Fargoal for example? (and how much fun?)

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    This looks pretty fantastic for just a dollar, and sounds like it's right up my alley. Just purchased. :) They really need to stop releasing so many awesome looking games, I'm going broke these past few days. :eek:

6. Cuthpaste

Cuthpaste New Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I've been having fun with this, but it's locked up hard on me half a dozen times in the past hour. I've had games crash and dump me out of the game before, but never had one actually lock up like this. Happening on a 3G Touch and power cycling didn't resolve it. Pretty frustrating, but I don't necessarily regret the purchase.

7. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    This is just a game for me :) It's a steal for only a buck! The gameplay is very good. I really recommend this game.

8. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Hemmm...I don't really like the cartoony looks of the graphics at all, but the randomly generated dungeons has me sold for a buck. I like Catacombs too, mostly because of the theme so if this is like that game but with randomly generated stuff it should be worth it.

9. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, seems buggy to me too. I restarted my device, but it crashed on me and the controls and framerate are off. The controls are just...sticky. I'll let up off the button and my character will still move for a second afterwards. And the gameplay seems incredibly slow to me, like he's walking through quicksand or something. I will have to play it more to see if it speeds up some, if it will let me play without crashing on me again.

10. Veratek

Veratek Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    VERATEk®
    washington
    this was an instant buy when you mentioned hoggy. And I am thrilled to say this game is awesome too. The controls for movement and firing are dual thumb pads (like minigore etc) You can toggle their visibility on/off.

The sounds and lighting of the game really stand out, making for a surprisingly moody RPG! I'm only just beginging the quests, but it's one hell of a 99c game...

11. fantomik

fantomik Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Poland
    Been restarting my device over and over but so far the game quits everytime after the loading indicator reaches 100% (with one exception when main menu showed and game quit after I clicked 'play'). :/ (iPhone 3G, 3.1.2 firmware version)

12. Raptisoft

Raptisoft Well-Known Member

Just FYI, looking into the hard lockups... unable to reproduce them at this moment, so any info you can give about what you were doing when it locked up (casting a spell? Walking into a new room?) would be very helpful!

(This is one of the problems with developing for iPhone, alas... because of the provisioning, your pool of testers is always very small... that's why only 99 cents to start!)

13. txag2005

txag2005 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    My game has been running crash free thus far, but the sound is cracking a bit. I know its not my speakers or headphones because I tried several headphones. It happens when lighting strikes outside or the deep voice (I assume Solomon) speaks.

Also just a random question, how many levels are there in the dungeon?

14. fantomik

fantomik Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Poland
    Resolved the crashing issue -- I had to free up to 150mb free space on my iPhone (8gb model :/) and now it starts each time. Occassionally the game slows down a bit and become unresponsive a little but it happens rarely. So far -- a great and very climatic game for a great price :)

Cheers,
    f.

15. Fletch11

Fletch11 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Bought it, had one lock up so far when I first leveled up it locked up on the skill select screen, but over this is a fun game

16. Raptisoft

It's just outside? I would assume it's a factor of the rainfall sound loop, then. Do you get a similar problem when (if you've gotten this far) you fight the rotting, flyblown zombies?

17. Raptisoft

Well, hm, that's a strange one... might simply be an issue of how the iPhone arranges memory on start (the game is definitely memory intensive, but when first starting it doesn't do any kind of disk write that might suddenly throw your iPod's memory over the edge... only does that when saving a game, such as when you go up a level).

I wonder if the other crash bugs are related. That could definitely have squeaked past our testing, since all our testing iPods are pretty empty.

18. Raptisoft

Oh, and I forgot to answer... the tower is ten floors high, but the size of the play area is randomized. So it will be longer or shorter at the roll of a die.

19. Natron

Natron Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Sales & Marketing / Commercial Real Estate
    Los Angeles, CA
    Great game! Kinda a shot in dark but this reminds me of how minigore should be with in depth game play..

Only complaint so far, sounds great in Bose headphones, thru the iPhone speaker sound crackles even at low volumes.. No, speaker on phone isn't blown either..

20. Ventura

Ventura Well-Known Member

Damn, in all the excitement, I went ahead and bought it without having read this bit.

But can it be true? Have I finally found a game worth upgrading my ancient first gen touch for?