Solomon's Boneyard now Free! Get it while it's hot!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by acrotran, Sep 21, 2010.

1. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    #1 acrotran, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  2. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Why would they make it free? It just came out!

3. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    1. You linked us to the Solomon's Keep thread.
    2. What KushyKush said ^^^

4. Andylasian

Andylasian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    High School
    California
    Downloading now but wow...totally unexpected.

5. jakimo

jakimo Active Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Quite generous, I suppose the developer wants it to climb the charts a bit - and it will!

I'm hoping to see this kind of gaming come the iPad natively, we'll see.

thanks for sharing, great find

6. acrotran

Jul 31, 2010
    Sorry for the mistake. Fixed.

7. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    I'm SOOO glad I decided not to buy this when it came out, I haven't gotten a good free game in a LONG time! Usually I'm too impatient to ever wait for sales and just buy everything at full price, so I think I deserve this one good free game :p

8. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I'd been a little curious of this game. Being free I've d/l'ed and played a few rounds with a couple wizards (or was one a witch?). Controls work well and plenty of upgrades, etc to add-on later into the game.
    Not a bad game and keeping it for some more future plays.

9. acrotran

Jul 31, 2010
    Yeah, this is one of the very few new games I bought. So you can thank me that it's free now.

10. wadevondoom

wadevondoom Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Both games are very good

I have both Solomon's Keep and now Boneyard. Both of these games were well worth the $0.99. From my experience with the original I can say that there will be a lot of updates. While I would have loved to get it for free I was happy to pay the $0.99.

For those who have played the first but not Boneyard...

Gameplay is near identical. The developer has slimmed down a lot of the content. It is a single level. You play and level up until you die and then start right from 0 again. There are perks you can unlock to make you tougher when you start. There are 3 unlockable charatcters and a pile of upgrades to be had. It is basically a survival mode game that stays true to the original. Even the humour is the same.

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Excellent game, love the jazzed up music/sound in this version!

12. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Everyone should pick this up while it's still free. I think it's also worth it as a paid app. The gold and perk system is a little annoying at first, but you get the random ring for 600 which sometimes starts the game with bonuses to damage or other stats. That combined with the potions has allowed me to get to level 13 with Morth after a few games first spent collecting gold.

13. wadevondoom

wadevondoom Member

Sep 22, 2010
    The gold purchase is a good way for the dev to make a little extra money. You can unlock all perks through relatively little play and if you are not patient you can simply pay another $.99 and get $10,000G worth. I like that because even if you don't buy the gold (me) you can still get full value out of the game. They definitely recycled a lot of things in this version though. Like a LOT. The voice of Solomon Dark is the same (different script) and I think the music is the same too...will have to go check. The power ups and character models are the same. Most of the game assets are recycled. Rather than detracting from the game I think they distilled what they had down to only what made the original good and made you want to replay it a bunch of times.

P.S. - I don't work for these guys lol. Game I am making is a lot like this one though in function...robot survival shooter. I think it is a good bench mark for a $0.99 game.