Universal Solomon's Boneyard (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Sep 8, 2010.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Meta-Perks (those purchased outside of the game itself) are permanent once purchased with the only catch being you have limited permanent slots and will have to decide on your favorite combo Meta-Perks before firing up a game.

I also assume (as it would be pretty silly otherwise, IMHO) that once these Meta-Perks are setup they remain in effect until you change them (i.e. no need to set them up for each session).

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    I personally haven't bought anything yet, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

You can buy whatever you like; perks, mages, accessories etc.

3. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    You aren't gaining anything you couldn't eventually get from just a couple of days of dedicated play. It's just shortcut for those who would rather jump right into the good stuff as it were.

While I myself am almost contemplating it, and would like to better support the dev anyways, I find myself holding off. It isn't even any sort of "I shouldn't HAVE to pay for this stuff!" as much as I don't want to ruin the fun of working to unlock interesting stuff. I mean, let's face it, as a kid buying that ice cream cone from the money you earned doing odd jobs around the neighborhood tasted so much better than the one your folks bought for you on a family outing.

4. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    I just think the game should cost 2$ instead of only one, and no in-app purchases. I would buy it anyway.

5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Even without IAP, the game would still be the same. You would still collect gold while playing and use the gold to unlock mages/perks. The IAP is only to help you unlock stuff, but everything is still available to you even if you don't buy the IAP.

6. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Enh, yes and no.

I'm not a fan of games that are completely about "Build-A-Bear Nickel and Diming" You know, those silly places where you can get your kidster a bear for only a base of $15, which is more than reasonable, and then all of these little extras for only a $3 or so more for each item, also seemingly reasonable, for a final bill of $75...WTF!

But that isn't really the case here. They're asking you a fundamental question, do you want to work to unlock stuff or have it all from the get go? Having now played this I would have gladly paid $2 for this but would not have liked it if all of these perks were already unlocked. Those initial 250 gp perks would be meaningless if you started off with 10,000 gp but DO have meaning when stepping stones on your way to bigger perks.

7. gammabeam

gammabeam Well-Known Member

Awesome game.
    And quite hard, those archers are a pain in the ***!

No complaints about the "buy gold" thing. If you wanna grab upgrades faster, then buy it. If not, just play and you'll get there. Sounds perfect to me because it's not like you're buying things that will give you an advantage over other people on PVP or leaderboards, and it is way more discrete than having "buy more" spammed in the main menu and everywhere.

I must add that I had a small crash while playing - couldn't reproduce, but I was running and shooting, no unusual thing.

8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Quick question: Does anyone know what the Creativity skill does? I bought it just for the hell of it but I can't figure out what it does.

9. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    what's the word on an ipad version? yay/nay? universal?

want to buy, but don't want to waste time with tiny screen when can enjoy it on bigger screen (without blur).

10. spawn12345

spawn12345 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    It lets you choose between 4 random skill upgrades instead of 3 when you lvl up

11. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Yea, I actually received that answer via PM from ojtitus. Thanks to both of you. I'm not even sure why I didn't notice that change haha.

12. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Who do the extra unlockable characters do? Do you have special abilities that the four basic wizards do not have?

13. kennethpetro

kennethpetro Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    What the hell does the Magic Shield do? It says it absorbs damage, but i'm not sure how because every time i use it, i still lose HP's!?!?!

14. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    The bubble shield takes a certain amount of damage before popping, then you begin taking damage. The only thing you are not safe from is poison; you are still poisoned even while shielded.

15. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I assume different spell sets as well as being able to meld multiple abilities at level 5 or something.

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So the player is susceptible to their own poison gas?

17. Whosatm

Jan 1, 2010
    If you are talking about acid rain, then no. There may be a new spell I am not aware of yet, but to my knowledge your spells cannot hurt you.

18. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Oh, than which baddies use poison? I guess I haven't gotten that far yet.

19. I kind of want a casual mode for this game in which you have infinite mana, similar to the Solomon's Keep. Of course, scores earned in such a mode would not be uploaded to OF.

20. Whosatm

Jan 1, 2010
    There are mages that cast poison "missiles" (similar to magic missile), archers that shoot poison arrows, and zombies that explode and leave behind poisonous blood/bile.

Also, just ran into my first bug... I double pressed the home button to change music. I came back to my game 30 minutes later and it had unpaused itself. There goes a wasted 15 minutes and a successful game :/