Universal Solomon's Boneyard (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Instant buy and I LOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEE THIS GAME :)

Message to the developers: Please continue on this way and I cannot wait for first episode sequel :) :) :)

2. spawn12345

spawn12345 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    and the game has the biggest bug ever.... gold doesnt save between plays...
    why do I keep buying games at release :(

3. thegrave

thegrave Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    hmm.. works for me..

4. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    You can unlock them by collecting gold while playing. After every game the gold you collected goes into your "bank," and you can use it to buy perks (such as starting the game with the creativity skill, allowing 4 choices each level instead of 3), and new characters. If you buy the 10,000 gold DLC once, you'll have enough to unlock all the extra characters and then some. Otherwise you can unlock them by just playing the game for a few hours.

5. spawn12345

Jan 29, 2009
    reinstalled the game and it works now... dont know wtf went wrong :confused:

6. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Anyone care to share some videos?

7. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    #47 Krollx, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
    I think there should be a way to take off rings. Trying out the 150% atk speed ring was good at first but badly drained my mana. :(

EDIT: nvm, once you use a potion u can take the ring off and put it in one of the slots.

8. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I second this. You could add in a donate function through in-app purchases. I don't want to circumvent the challenge of the game-- that's what makes it fun!

9. cloudcastles

cloudcastles Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    I don't think his intent was to really profit from it ... It's for those people who are impatiently wanting to get the "good stuff". We can't assume everyone wants to work hard for their gold. ;)

10. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #50 y2kmp3, Sep 8, 2010
    Can someone please:

1. Post a video of actual gameplay?
    2. Explain how big the map is in this endless mode. Since there is no "mission", do you just slash around the same map the entire game? Are they any levels that you progressed to? How many maps?
    3. How do you save a game in mid process?
    4. Are the skills given with level up entirely random? Are there such skill tree crosses like the original Solomon's Keep?
    5. What is the use of gold? Can they we use to buy skills?
    6. Is there a town shop? Can you teleport to it to safety?

11. cloudcastles

cloudcastles Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    I'll answer part of (2) & (3)....

Right now it's just one graveyard. There are no levels, but you level up and get to upgrade skills. The enemies will come in waves that you have to defeat.

The game auto-saves if you quit halfway. When you next want to play you'll be asked whether you want to resume or start a new game.

12. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    I´d say the the map is about the same size as MiniGore.
    But actually very detailed in which ground you can walk
    an where a re obsticals. And they fade out so nicely if you get behind them.
    Which makes it a bit of tactic decision whether IF you go behind large trees or not because you cannot see what´s behind until you´re there.

And I can only say it again: SB eats MOST of the other comparable S-DS games raw for breakfast after a hard night of serious partying. :cool:

13. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    Bought earlier today, can't wait to play it, for such a low price I can't go wrong. Especially with the level of content these devs give their games, it's a nice surprise it's out as well.

14. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    I am totally support this -
    But let me suggest we`d make a jump over our egos and just support the dev by getting the DLC.
    :D

15. spawn12345

Jan 29, 2009
    I bought the 10000 gold and got the extra mages for it. Doesnt affect the challenge of the game in any way.

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #56 LordGek, Sep 8, 2010
    Wow!

I guess this is essentially just a streamlined Solomon's Keep so as to be a bit more of a pure Dual Stick RPG Shooter!

I love the level/perk system in this game!

Each level you get to pick one of three random perks for your character. Many of these are generic (increased mana, health, or character speed) and many are tied directly into your character's career path (as a Fire Mage do you want your fireballs to do more damage or have a wider area of effect?). Almost all of these perks are incremental little steps so you might choose the same basic deal multiple times (like increase fireball damage).

I also love the Meta-Game aspect. The money you gain in-game can then be used to buy little perks between games to give your characters an initial boost. I love how, even though the game does offer a REAL WORLD in app purchase option for all the cash you could eat, these abilities are more than affordable with just in-game cash. Sure some will take a bit of saving, but unlike Mega Jump or Froggy Jump, even the more expensive items could be bought after just a few hours of concentrated play.

NOTE: Remember you have an inventory pack you access by tapping the upper left. This is where you go to equip rings and use your initial stock of potions.

17. kennethpetro

kennethpetro Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Lets say you start a game and you purchase the "Start game with one random ring" perk for 600 gold.....if you die, does that perk remain for the next game or do you lose that 600 gold and have to buy it again before your next game?

18. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    I believe you start with a random game for every game. So if you die and start another game, you get another random ring.

19. kennethpetro

kennethpetro Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Oh, so once you purchase it, it is yours to use prior to any starting a new game. So it's almost like your "unlocking" the perk by purchasing it.

20. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Then, if I buy the 10000 gold, what exactly i get? The remains mages or can I buy new perks? I don't like to pay to have advantage in any game, even if it's just 1$....