Universal Solomon's Boneyard (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Sep 8, 2010.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    You can't, unfortunately :( I hope they change that in a later version.

2. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Anyone have the fortune to get hit by TWO consecutive attacks in a row without pause?
    Bubble shield save me from the first one...

3. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    I've been hit with four in a row. Magic shield gone on first one. Nearly half of health drained on second. A sliver left on third. Dead on last. All of this within a second, before I can react and use a potion.

In other words, CHEAP. If you're going for endurance, turn off bosses is my only guess as to the developer's intentions.

4. duhduhdork

duhduhdork New Member

Jun 12, 2011
    is there any way to get past the strong mage wave? the wave where there're only mages?

5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Mana shield and something with some good range (like lightning or frost jet) is pretty good for that.

6. mikkel1977

mikkel1977 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Mages: Keep running around in circles. It helps if you have Rush +2/3 and Magic Circle +2/3. Most of the projectiles will be slowed by the Magic Circle and you can outrun them after some time. Also rem to keep firing whatever you're firing at them madly at the same time... If you have Magic Shield, then just forget about running and keep shooting at them blow for blow. Poison will get your health down to zero, but would not kill you. Fire balls will tho, so take out the fireball throwing mages first!

Most of the time your shield should have recharged before it's worn out. Look out for non-mages tho!

7. Lesrider

Lesrider Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Can't beat The Unholy! :(

Finally got enough gold, rings and perks to make it to lvl 20 and the Unholy, but he takes so little damage (or has too much HP) but dishes out crazy damage. I just can't get him past half health before he kills me. Here's what I'm using to start with:

Griselda (welded magic by lvl 10 and every opportunity after that)
    Perks: Master of Offense, Telekinetic, Magic Inventory, +2 to All Skills.

Rings: +200% mana recovery, +100% experience. I've tried switching the xp ring to a "take 35% less damage" one for the Unholy, but only survived 35% longer ;)

I have tried getting magic shield lvl 2 (which helped, but not enough), magic circle 2 (which helped, but not enough).

My best efforts just can't get him past half health. Should I replace Telekinesis with something else? What perk that I'm not using would help me beat him?

Thanks for any help!

8. Conris

Conris New Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Just had a pretty successful run and broke 6k (was stuck around 5.5k) and decided to come here and take a look.

I've read the reviews in the previous pages, but honestly, if you want to go for score, Wazee or whatever his name is, is the only way to go, if you don't have him, then the normal frost mage will do.

The reason:
    1. Frost cones ignore archers...completely.
    2. Around 4k, there are fast armored skeletons that just refuse to die, without the pushback, it's almost impossible to survive.
    3. AoE, I realize all the mages are Area of Effect, but when you have 30 armored skeletons in the front and 10 mages casting at you in the back, your multi firebolts/chains/etc, will not reach the mages, deeming your spells nearly useless.

It's really not about WHAT skills to get, but HOW MANY you get. You really only need 4 rings (unless you have epic rings then that's a whole different story).

2x Experience+100% - you keep these badboys on all game, until your mana can't keep up anymore (because you have chill and knock back, you can tap the cast button really fast with frost and not have your mana go down and still keep them away from you while doing some damage, just a neat trick)

1x 4damage 50% mana regen - this is a whole different catagory from mana recovery, and will make your life much easier in boss fights. If you're not able to pick up a QuadDmg before a boss fight and have mana issues, put this on, when the boss is almost dead, switch back to the 100% ring.

1x 2 to battlemage - at 5k, if you have max regen, and wear this ring and the one above, and having everything tossed into offence and shield, your mana will not move, simple as that.

MUST HAVE
    telekinesis
    mental focus
    atleast 1 to mana pool, preferably 2
    maybe 1 to health pool, but the poison will destroy you anyway, so I don't
    max mana regen
    seige mage is nice after 6k, not priority
    shield 2 is sufficient till 5k

This is what i can think of on the top of my head, there's more but I don't want to make an essay.
    I've just hit 6115 at lvl 24, there might be better ways but this is what I did.

9. Kortuga

Kortuga New Member

May 20, 2012
    My Ridiculous Highscore

I've been able to get upwards of 5000 kills with Wazoo. I've found that the best way to go about the game perk-wise is to have (with all 4 slots unlocked) Wazoo, and the perks Master of Offense, Two Ringfingers, +2 to All Starter Skills, and Battle Mage!. Hope that helps.

Side note: Once you reach ~5500 kills, the enemies suddenly take twice as much damage as they used to. Magic Shield and Mental Focus are essential at this point.

Additionally: Athicus is also a reliable character, as long as you have at least More Missiles 5 and a decent Frost Jet combination by the time you get Frost Missile. The perk 'Magic Sheild Too!' can't hurt, either.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks for bumping this. I will have to pick this game up again. One of the best arena dual stick survival shooters.

There was a new upcoming "Solomon" game i was reading on last time and some people were playtesting it already. I wonder what happened to that title?

11. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Are there any news regarding this or Solomon's Keep? Both are still my favorite dual stick shooter type games on iOS and I really hope for a HD version on my iPad!

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Solomon Dark is supposed to be coming out any day last I heard.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Means it could be tomorrow, the next day, the next week, next month, or next year.

14. lisaisacat

lisaisacat Member

I have this game on my iTouch! Icon is so cute. :)

15. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Retina Update is available for download.

16. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I downloaded it, and it's not retina on my iPhone 4... Has something gone wrong with the download/installation on my iPhone, or is it the same for everyone?

17. ikemike

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Maybe it's just the icon?

18. plastic_student

plastic_student Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    IAP do not work. It extremely sucks, especially SB is one of those stupid games which on purpose do not let you restore former IAP. Whats the matter, Raptisoft?

19. ikemike

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    That's because it's a consumable. All consumable IAPs work that way.

20. plastic_student

plastic_student Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Yeah, I know, thats the problem here, because I do not want to buy smurf berries if it could have also been conceptualized as perk-unlocks (for what else do you use gold here?). But its fine, just some things look a bit to obvious. Raptisoft makes fine games, but top developers and cashcow melkers are at least in my head different sets. I just wish, that when I delete a game, all my investions just vanish, especially if there are well proven technical ways. 0.02$