Universal Solomon's Boneyard (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #381 Royce, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
    Well if you stop there, then you haven't even unlocked the welding wizards who can combine two primary skills into one, adding a whole new element to the game, not to mention bosses...
    Also to go for high scores, you'll need master of offense, +2 to starting skills, and either +1 to skills or more drops (for the quad damage pickups) in addition to magic inventory and bosses (and maybe a welding wizard though Morth is also pretty strong, just not good against bosses).

2. kolokoy32

kolokoy32 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Hi Royce. Thanks for your comment. :)

My highest score as of the moment:
    Morth
    Score: 4708
    Level: 24
    Time: 42:28

Perks Used:
    More gold drops - drops more gold coins (not helpful) - lol
    Magic Inventory - reuse last inventory
    More Drops - find more rings
    Extra potions - start with the game with 3 more health/mana potion

Rings used:
    100% More XP (both rings - depending on scenario)
    100% More Gold (both rings - depending on scenario)
    +4 Damage and 50% mana regen (both rings - depending on scenario)

Comment:
    Poison really gone too strong. :(

3. Lesrider

Lesrider Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I was looking at the leaderboards. Some people have crazy high scores. Are those legit?
    I haven't even made it to 1500 yet lol. 100k seems completely ridiculous.

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    There have been two exploits that allowed for ridiculous scores that have been fixed (ring unforging used to have no cap so people could save up thousands of rings, unforge them all in one game, and start the game with DPS in the tens of thousands. And imps spawned by bosses used to give points infinitely, meaning you could spend hours farming imps from a boss without killing him, and reach huge scores). The developer has said he plans to replace the old scoreboards with new ones because of the changes.

5. Lesrider

Mar 28, 2011
    Ahh good ol' exploits. So what's a reasonable score to aim for now?
    And um... What does unforging do? I've tried it, but the ring just disappears, and I couldn't see any gain from it.

6. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Les: Ring unforging gives you a small ability, so you lose the ring but will gain a plus, such as like 5% increased experience gain, or +1 or +2 dmg. Oftne I seem to get 25% spell resist as well. But this unforging mechanic only really works for the first 5 rings, then the chance to fizzle and just lose the ring for no real gain increases dramatically.

A good score, for me at least, is around 5000 kills. But I have all the good perks and I know i can do much better. The best bet is to get the perk that lets u keep all your old rings, and then finally accrue 2 100% experience rings, and start the round like that. U will gain a ton of experience, level up fast, and be able to get the spell mix you want.

Also, another useful trick, which i hate to do bc it slows down the game, but is really useful when u need to is the level up trick. When u level up, and you see a bunch of skills that you don't like, you can exit the program, close it by double clicking the home button and holding down the boneyard icon, and then reopen normally. When you start you will have a new set of skills to choose form. I only really use this trick if I desparately need battle mage or some way to manage the cost of my attack.

Solomon's boneyard and keep are just too awesome. Glad to hear they will wipe the leaderboards, I didn't know about those old exploits. I wonder if the developer will remove the skill exploit/trick.

7. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Nice to know... I was wandering what 'unforge fizzle' meant...

8. Lesrider

Mar 28, 2011
    Cool, thanks for the help, Mook! (You still playing DD?)
    Do the unforged effects show anywhere? Because it doesn't tell me that I gained something, that's why I was confused as to the point of them.

So I should get the perk that lets you keep stuff from the last game and aim for 2 100% experience rings? I had one at some point or another, but even with extra gold and telekinesis, it takes sooooo long to gather enough gold for the good perks. And the 4th perk slot costs 20k 0_o

9. Lesrider

Mar 28, 2011
    Can anyone tell me what Pyke Sawdon means?

10. kolokoy32

Nov 4, 2010
    hi Lesrider, try getting the "summon boss" perk (forgot the name). if you have both 100% more golds, then you can get 200 golds instantly when the boss dies, and then just roam around and you will get almost the same amount of golds scattered in groups.

what i do is that, i wear the 2 "+4 damage with 50% mana regen" ring when the boss enters the screen, and when HP of the boss gets too small, i wear the 2 100% more gold. (you just need to be patient in changing rings). then after killing the boss, i return to 2 100% experience more. :)

11. kolokoy32

Nov 4, 2010
    rings

anyone here got a good set of rings?

best rings so far i got are:
    100% more experience
    100% more gold
    80% poison resist
    +4 damage and 50% mana regen

sometimes, magic rings are better than rare/epic rings picked up. :(

12. Lesrider

Mar 28, 2011
    I'm confused. Maybe I haven't unlocked enough perks to understand this, but how do you choose your rings? You mean you save them up with the magic inventory perk?

13. kolokoy32

Nov 4, 2010
    Hi Lesrider, there is a perk that can save your rings (from the previous game). So you can choose from the best rings you have picked-up. If I'm not mistaken, it is 10000 golds? :? :)

14. sg2noname

sg2noname Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    there's a big improvement in the types of mages you can play, and a persistent rpg element throughout all your endless games. Sells for only 99c and i'm sure will provide multiple hours of entertainment. This is a quick prequel to SK, and therefore you can't kill Solomon in it! There will supposedly be a sequel to SK coming out too after this, and that should be more of a full game:cool:

15. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Yep, cause I just unlocked it the other day :D

I got this game when it went free in mid March, learned it was the sequel/prequel to Solomon's Keep and promptly picked that up and played it until I'd seen pretty much everything I could want to see before returning to this one.

I'm well aware of the cost of the inventory because although I felt the need to support Raptisoft by buying a gold pack, I did not spend it wisely - I picked perks based on having played Solomon's Keep without understanding the differences with this game :eek:

So I wound up having to play the game enough to buy both the 4th perk slot and the persistent inventory perk. I still haven't amassed any sort of uber rings yet, but my games have certainly grown consistently longer with what I do have already.

16. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    What's New in Version 3.0

17. Nejibana

Nejibana Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    still waiting for GC support.

but great update anyway

18. mikkel1977

mikkel1977 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Being playing it since it's out. Great update. But noticed that the Bribed Destiny keeps getting resetted after purchase everytime I return from iPhone main screen if a game is halted half way. Although later when purchasing it again, it is free, but sill it disrupts the gameflow as you cannot use it again unless you start a new game. Please help to look into this.

19. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Echoing the Bribe Destiny bug.

Also, is there multi-task support?

20. Nejibana

Nejibana Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    why doesn't this game have game center yet :<