Universal Solomon's Boneyard (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Sep 8, 2010.

1. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    ugh this update broke some stuff

now when you switch to another app or anything and come back to the game it doesn't load your previous game but brings you back to the character select screen. It's a real shame and I hope they fix it soon

2. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    How does IAP work when switching devices? I was lazy and bought coins for this game, but that was on my 2G iPod touch, now I've upgraded to an iPhone 4, are those coins lost in the transfer?? Anyway to get them into the new devices game, through openfeint or something?

3. Drumkit62

Drumkit62 Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    1.6 save game bug ...UPDATE

****Version 1.6 Update****

The developer John Raptis has submitted a fix for the save game/resume bug this morning. Please be patient and don't panic. ;) Apple recently updated the development tools, and it broke some of the features, so we could not catch these bugs during the beta testing.

For more info, go to raptisoft.com/forum.

DK

4. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Glad a fix has been submitted so quickly; I lost two good games on hardcore.

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Game Impressions

I have to give John credit here that for YET ANOTHER GAME with perks you can buy via IAP Game Credits, they did it very reasonably in this game.

All of the perks are quite doable with just in-game credit and because of that I was more than happy to then pay real cash to buy credits. :confused:

(I guess because I didn't HAVE to pay I wanted to support the developer taking this route and was more than happy to kick him a few bucks...and if I'm already kicking him a few bucks I might as well get something for it)

6. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    grats, I love this game :) and it's very impressive to look at the number of the update, VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY GOOD WORK :)

7. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Sweet update today... Three new unlockable graveyards plus a boss...

8. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Does yours say "beta" at the top too? I thought maybe they accidentally uploaded a beta version.

9. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Awesome update :)

What's New In Version 2.0
    New Features:

o A Boss monster can now appear at wave 10, and every five waves afterwards, to mix it up and give better items and gold drops. (The boss monster can be bought in the perks screen, and is worth multiple "kills" in score).
    o You can unlock and play in three new graveyards from the perks screen!
    o A new perk lets you detect where items, potions, and powerups are.

Changes:

o Monsters will now drop potions, very rarely. Boss monsters drop them more frequently.
    o Unforging rings has been capped further... after 5 rings have been unforged, you will have an increasing chance that the unforge will fizzle and be wasted.
    o You can now buy up to four perk slots!

Bugfixes:
    o Frozen shielded mages are no longer invulnerable until they thaw
    o Monsters can no longer be pushed off the play area with Flash Freeze

10. Jazzzed

Jun 23, 2009
    Yes... Mine does say Beta 2.0-7 at the top... You're probably right, but it's working fine for me so far... Probably just forgot to remove that before submitting it...

11. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Does anybody know if there is a "restore purchase" option when installing the game on a new device to get your paid gold back?

12. Kylescorpion

Kylescorpion Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Yeah it crashes when I try to play. Only works when I select ice Mage.

13. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #353 GiHubb, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
    It indeed says beta 7 at the top. But what's worse is that when I select the ice Mage and click to start- it crashes.

EDIT: I tried rebooting, closing background apps, playing with the other mages and no perks - still crashes. I'm using an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 (could never bother to upgrade the iOS, takes too long)

14. Raptisoft

Raptisoft Well-Known Member

Hi all,

My apologies for this problem. A glitched slipped through testing, and even my own checklist.

We do have a workaround going for people who are unable to play at the moment.

Click here, we'll get you up and running.

The problem can also sometimes be fixed by cold-booting the device, and zeroing out memory.

You can also fix the game at any time by getting the "Extra Graveyards" perk. Since this costs gold, we are offering free gold to people to get the perk (see my link above).

15. bunglez

bunglez Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Tree
    UK
    Thanks for offering the fix. I've emailed support as instructed. :)

16. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #356 tops2, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
    I still love this game, and the amount of support (and the quickness) shows the developer really cares about the game!

(update)
    Wow, talk about fast support. I haven't got any crashes with the few quick runs I just did. Keep up the good work!

17. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    #357 Artfoundry, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
    Great update. I actually like this game more than SK now (though that's probably just cuz it's new and updated more). However, the side buttons really need fixing - more than half the time I press them, they just don't respond. I press again and again until finally the respond, but by that time I've often lost a bunch of health. Both SB and SK have been plagued with this problem. I don't know if it's the frequency with which the game polls for a touch to that button, or the size/location of the button's hotspot (I'm guessing this is more likely the issue - it does seem to happen more when I'm in battle, indicating it could be that I'm missing the button, but they just shouldn't be that easy to miss), or what, but it's pretty frustrating.

[edit] after playing some more, it really seems to happen when there are a lot of monsters on the screen - so it may be that the polling for taps isn't keeping up - but this should take priority over frame rate IMO.

18. lucrezio87

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    any plan for Gamecenter? and, hopefully, multiplayer? :p

great game overall.. one of my best dual thumb shooter ^^

19. Jazzzed

Jun 23, 2009
    Yes, this is one of my favorite dual stick shooters too. The gameplay is quite fun, there are alot of weapon combinations, a wide variety of enemies, and many unlockables that keep me coming back for more. The addition of 3 new maps with this last update really sealed the deal for me. My only complaint would be that the maps all appear to be quite similar except for the snow map. I'd like a little more variety there so I can tell them apart better... even just some different colors would help. Other than that though... great game.

20. lucrezio87

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    @Raptisoft:

i've done the iap of the 20k gold (i took the game for free, is't not fair don't pay for a game funny such like this) and so i decide to buy some expensive perks like the ''Master of Offense'' and ''More Gold Drops'' ...

BUT.. MoO don't let me start with all the subskills, i must take with the level up.. so.. why i must pay 10k for nothing?!? and also the Gold Drop for me is always the same :(

possible bug or it normale like this?! :(