Universal Solomon's Boneyard (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Yes! A great game just got so much greater! I was hoping for just a bug fix, but got more content as an added bonus!

2. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Now I want more perk slots, next update? :D

Loving it anyway!

3. boom

boom New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    been playing boneyard alot lately, and completed SK on hardcore/archmage while waiting for this update.

I love the new perks, but I think the lack of a new perk slot is sorely missing. Since new perk slots was apparently discussed during beta testing, I hope you will give this some additional thought, John.

cheers,
    boom

4. orinationx2

orinationx2 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    I can't believe no one here caught the reference to the undead king in this game =P

5. whodawhanow

whodawhanow Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2010
    John has stated he thinks 4+ perks "excessive". Personally I disagree as I really REALLY want to use more perks with the new ones.

whoda

6. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    So I didn't complain when the game went free for a day, 'cuz thas cool, I understand a dev's gotta do what a dev's gotta do. But the number of coins gotten from purchase has doubled...I really wish I'd get that extra 10 grand.

7. writingsama

Dec 4, 2008
    It's kind of sad if you ask me...these updates are great, but it is destroying game balance. If you wanted to start with magic shield you had to pick the right character and work with him...

But then that whole "it's impossible to get past 2300-2600 kills" thing reared its head, and the game balance HAS to be destroyed, or at least tilted. :-(

8. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

aw man! i got the dlc before the updat... :p

9. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i need an extra perk box.

10. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Mmmm
    +more drops perk, +more money in drops perk, and two 100% find more gold rings on = amazingly fast cash

I'm getting like 15 to 30 coins per 1 little pile :D

11. writingsama

Dec 4, 2008
    agreed. :-(

12. Poco

Poco Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Prague, Czech Republic
    What game balance are you talking about? This game was NEVER balanced imho - what balance is that if in level 10 I have channel mana lvl 1 while somebody else finds an epic ring in the beginning with 200% mana recovery? The characters are very unbalanced, too.

The bug of not being able to destroy frozen skeletal mages persists! :(

13. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Even though Magic Shield blocks poison from poison arrows now, poison still does obscene amounts of damage around 2000 kills. A single arrow hit me after my shield broke and it did 100 damage. I died right after that because I couldn't get up a shield and was out of potions. This game still needs fixing :/

14. Greensheep

Greensheep Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    none at the time
    do anyone know any strategys as to what to do when there are 17 fire archers on the screen shooting from different directions. :p

15. boom

boom New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    @greensheep - you have a few options

*frostblast the archers
    *invest heavily in shield
    *teleport
    *magic circle to slow down the arrows
    *spin the frost mage around so he deflects most arrows

I would suggest a combination of the above. :)

cheers,
    boom

16. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

magic mage will just pwn em all cus at around that level, you should have wide enough cone as well as one wind blast which will just kill teh arrows :D

17. boom

boom New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    some stuff for John

bugs:

I pressed the iphone home button on the 'game over' screen after a nice game (around 2300) so I never saw the rankings screen. On my next game I saw that I didn't have the new rings I found in the previous game (including a nice blue ring: +2 dmg, +20 faster cast rate) and the new score was not listed in the rankings. :-/

suggestions:

*differentiate the perks in minor and major perks. Maybe have 3 major perk slots and 2 minor perk slots. I'm pretty sure there are perks in the game that are hardly ever used by any gamers.

*take a look at the perk that gives more rings and bonuses - From my experience it hardly ever gives other bonuses than quad damage. I can get 3-5 blue and red books in a normal game without the perk, but with it I get 1-2 but 3-5 quad damage bonuses. Odd.

*improve the inventory setup. With the perk that gives you the ability to save your inventory from the next game, you inventory gets cluttered FAST. Some way of removing rings you know for sure you won't be using would be really nice.

cheers,
    boom

18. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Seconded. Especially to the first suggestion.

19. dreadjoker10

dreadjoker10 New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    whats the rarest ring everyone's got so far?

mine was +100% exp ring (rare) which pretty much doubles the amount of exp u gain, gotten this twice so far
    also a life +2 and +300% life recovery ring (epic :p)

btw whats the chance of getting an epic ring?

20. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Awesome and unexpected update.

I'm a bit unclear on how the inventory is saved from game to game--can you play a game without the 'recover inventory' perk, then play the next game with it on and recover your original inventory? Right now I have a few rings I'd like to save and always start with the perk, but I'd like to switch it up once and a while by using a different perk. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide. And thanks again for the update, Raptisoft. Can't wait for the SK update.