Universal Solitairica (by Righteous Hammer Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Especially large kudos for using an AI that apparently does not cheat. This may change, of course, in later levels, but so far, it seems quite fair. it's very reassuring to see your opponent also get a run of bad luck from time-to-time, So far, I've found no discernible pattern in my own runs. I've been disappointed before following a hopeful beginning, but I really can't stop playing it, and I hope my early experiences hold true.

2. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Landscape mode and I'm in.

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Ok, Solitairica is the real deal.

It's GLORIOUS.

I admit I was expecting mild disappointment after all the hype, not sure why. But I was utterly wrong.
    I should be sleeping. Like since one-two hours ago.
    Instead I'm charging the phone to play 'just one more run'.
    I know I'll regret this tomorrow. But resistance is futile.

I was already almost sold during the tutorial (the app is really slick) and I wished it went faster because I knew already how to play after years of solitaire and Puzzle Quest.
    But what really sealed the deal was my second run...which turned out to be tactically different than previous one thanks to the different powers I bought.
    And the third one...and the forth...and so on.
    The powers make all the difference, letting you
    to turn the odds and the rng to your favor.
    You can even combine them for powerful combos.
    I can only imagine the sheer difference with different characters/decks (unlockable).
    And items too.

Great game, highly recommended.

Btw plays wonderfully on iPhone 6S, portrait mode. Didn't even tried on iPad. It's so good on iPhone.
    I'll play there too when iCloud sync will be in (glad to know it's coming, it was my only nitpick).

And thanks god the devs went the premium route...I can see how easily the game would have been totally ruined if f2p.
    They deserve your money. Now. Vote with your wallet.
    Now.

GLORIOUS!!!

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Well I think you sold me. I've been thinking about buying this all day but I think you might be the tipping point.

Do you know if the game eats a lot of battery? It almost sounded like it did, but I couldn't tell for sure - maybe it's just because you were playing a lot.

And can you check how much space the game needs on the device? Thanks a lot!

5. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    200mb :)

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Actually seems it's very light on battery.
    I started playing with 15 percent at the end of the day, and played for almost 2 hours till I got the 5 percent notice.
    On my iPhone it says 163 Mb taken.

I really hope you will like it as I actually do!!!

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Damn at 15%? That's not normal, that's way better than normal! Thanks for the heads up, I will be buying it now. I love casual games that I can pick up and play anywhere just as much as I love my hardcore iOS gaming experiences. Hopefully this will be one of those timeless games I can play whenever (like Dungeon Raid).

Much appreciated bud!

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #108 Pitta, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Dear dev, thanks for the awesome game.
    As you asked for feedback, these things came to my mind during the first play through.
    Very minor but worth considering for updates.

(Of course device progress sync iPad-iPhone)

Tutorial should be skippable....game is so good we want the real deal immediately :p

When you peek at next card, it should stay on floating. It's easy to forget if interrupted.

I wouldn't mind some indication of the last card destroyed because I'm old and if interrupted I keep forgetting, expecially after a long chain. EDIT: I'm dumb...it's the one near your deck, forget this point.

Even better than previous suggestion....I remember seeing in some videos from PC version the selectable cards glowing, which I can't see on iPhone. Should be there, it's useful.

While I personally don't mind that much....I found the music in the shop awesome...if people ask for it, would be cool having it during gameplay too.

Cheers and thanks again for the game!

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Yeah this is how I remember...ill try today will full battery and report eventually...but I guess you are already playing by then.

Game reminds me a lot Sword&Poker (the real version, not the free to play disaster) and Puzzle Quest.

Can't wait to play more myself!!!!

10. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    GAME WONT START AT ALL

iPad mini.

Is there a fix for this or should I demand a refund?

11. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    #111 Sabaki, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Suuuuuuperb title! Bravo devs, you've just become the proud parents of an instant classic!

I really enjoy that the enemies don't take identical form each time you face them which means u have to pay attention each battle! The random Magics and Items also lend very well to this mechanism.

A few nit-picks from my side

• The game takes a while to begin when switching to and from another app, even basic ones like Whatsapp
    • The tutorial voice sounds like the love child of Berni from BBT & Papa Smurf
    • A greater variety of end battle messages from the monsters would be nice
    • An avatar or other graphic to represent the hero maybe?

As I said, nothing more than nitpicking on my behalf, thank you for a very entertaining game #

12. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Finally defeated stuck with the standart warrior deck

The card "add 7 cards" is a total bitch, it's a 30 minutes intense match

I was wrong that i assume this would be like card crawl fast paced gameplay, but this can get pretty intense and a lot of swearing especially with final boss stuck totally awesome

Though i wncountered a bug
    I defeated the game but one of the visit achievement did not get unlocked

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    You were right. This game is good! I am indeed loving it! There's lots of decks and upgrades to unlock - there's a lot here to do. I hope this game sells well so they can add more to the game later on (maybe introduce new job classes - like Dungeon Raid - or things to unlock by fulfilling certain conditions or playing for so long).

I wish there was some better explanation on each enemy skill. I died fighting the poison boss because I avoided the poison cards. Turned out you NEED to destroy the poison cards or you take damage every turn. So basically without information on the enemy skill I was defeated :( I also had no I idea what sparkling cards or bearded cards do, though the beards were hilarious. These enemies are quite nicely designed (scamming priest? lol)

My last request is for a stat page. I love stat pages because it's basically a "collection page" where you can see how much you have done so far in the game. Like how many enemies defeated, how many attack cards used, how many losses, most used item/ability, etc. Seeing all that stuff would be great and would keep me playing longer to pad my stats.

Thanks dev for this wonderful game! And props to the graphic animator. So much polish with the attacks, sound effects, and designs - this game feels right at home on mobile.

14. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Just bought this but crashes every time after the first screen with the dev logo on my SE (9.3.2).

Any fix/update on this?

15. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Got the same problem on my SE. What IOS version are you running?

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    As far as I understood bearded cards are cards with a sort of +1 armour.
    You can destroy those right away in a chain but you need 2 attacks to get rid of them if you use the sword.

And yeah, they are brilliant :)

It's not that clear to me what HOLD on the shop does....just save that spell for the next time you visit the shop?

And....are items permanent? Seems to me like very minor stat temporary bumps...not sure how useful they can be.

17. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Got it to work? I have the same problem and can't wait to try the game :-(

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    No sir. The devs have said they're working on it, but there's been no update on the matter since.

19. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    So, a question: does this save at any and allow me to resume at any point - either manually or automatically? Say, mid battle, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Yes, just checked (I even booted the app out of memory).
    It loads directly in your last turn.

GOTY contender already for me.
    I'm at work and I just had to go to bathroom for 2 quick games.... :p