Universal Solitairica (by Righteous Hammer Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 24, 2016.

1. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    This looks great! Reminds me of the 3ds game pocket cards jockey which uses solitaire for horse racing. Made by the Pokemon developers. That game should be moved into iOS and android as it would make a killing!

2. maikelg

maikelg Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    #62 maikelg, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Super fun game, but playing on iPhone 5s, the cards and pictures seem to be low-res and very jaggy, Looks fine on iPad. Maybe you forgot to upload the retina pictures? Also it would be nice if the cards would be a tiny bit bigger...

Edit: the jaggy edges are probably a scaling issue.

3. Hoot3000

Hoot3000 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Sent!

4. Hoot3000

Hoot3000 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Very fun game so far! Love the concept. Thanks for a great premium game!

5. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    PJ is crack. If this game is 1/2 as good it will be awesome

6. danieljin

danieljin Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    im a SE owner too, not work, crash every time, i have downloaded 2 times with no success...dawn it...and i have some comments about landscape/portrait modes,,,,man, i really want to play in landscape...

iPhone SE 9.3.2 (i think this crash is about the version os iOS, and not the SE device)

7. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    To the dev, little tweak if you'd be so kind, when you use the spell to see the top card of the deck, it should stay visible, it happens a lot for some reason someone will be talking to me and I'll miss it or I'll just forget what it was. When you use the spell to see on the 2nd cards in the piles they StAY visible ;) thanks in advance
    Perfect port.

8. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Really enjoying this one so far!

I just got my first upgrade for the warrior deck. The Queens now destroy a card. The upgrade shows a red (attack) queen and a blue (defend) queen. Does that mean only queens of those two colors will get the effect? Those upgrades don't look as appealing if that is the case.

+1 for landscape mode and faster play. I'm enjoying it on my phone in portrait but I don't play games on my iPad in portrait mode if I can help it. Also even with the optional "faster" play toggled on, the animations are too slow for repeated plays.

9. RighteousHammer

RighteousHammer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Glad you are digging it, thanks! Every player deck has 26 cards, A to K of the two energies. So an upgrade gives you 2 Aces/Queens/Kings with an extra effect. They have the same effect regardless of the cards color.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It isn't. I'm on 9.3.4.

11. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I see. I wasn't aware that players had a fixed deck (since the monster is normally your timed lose condition). It has not happened to me yet, but what happens if we go through all 26 cards and are still alive somehow? Do they just get reshuffled into a new draw pile?

12. RighteousHammer

RighteousHammer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Yes, running out of cards is not a loss in this game, the deck reshuffles and you keep fighting! Going to have to have a talk with Kismet about not mentioning that in the tutorial :)

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Exactly. You have unlimited reshuffles, only damage will kill you off.

14. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Too many good games the last week or two. Simply not enough time to play.

This ranks up there with Riptide, Leap of Fate, Deus Ex Go, Reigns and Skyfish as total time vortexes.

Love the premise of this as well as the presentation and quirkiness. Plays nice and smooth for me as well.

The smooth curve of death and extra powers while deciding where to spend those crystals makes it pretty compulsive I have to say.

A must-have.

15. Luci0

Luci0 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    Wasn't to sure about this game, but after all the card crawl comparisons etc i HAD to buy. Specially cuz it's premium, which I support always , but this game , after the tutorial, I feel is totally awesome and a lot of fun. Great job devs!

16. danieljin

danieljin Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    the devs comment anything or already working on update to fix the SE issue?and about the landscape mode?

17. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Yep!

18. nickchester

nickchester Member

Sep 7, 2012
  19. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Do i have to buy green special abilities to get the ability where all front back cards get new cards? Or are abilities random?

And if i dont buy +2 armour ability for instance .. Will then maybe +4 armour appear later even though i havent bought the previous one?

20. OrangeKnickers

OrangeKnickers Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Wow, another wonderful game that blends different genres perfectly. I have been absolutely absorbed in it for the last three hours and have only been playing with the warrior's deck. Best run has been to fight 10 so far.