Universal Solitairica (by Righteous Hammer Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 24, 2016.

1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    @RighteousHammer
    If you have a minute could you explaine a little bit about the different decks and what the normal, primal, veteran, etc., means? I have all of the decks and have enough stones to unlock a second deck but I'm unsure of what the decks offer.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. RighteousHammer

RighteousHammer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Hi, for sure I can help.

Each deck has a unique feel due to different colors and exclusive spells. You can get a description and some more details by clicking the button.

The original (non primal) deck strengths are intended to be balanced for a veteran player. Meaning, some require more skill/experience than others to pull off. But they don't have inherent power levels based on numbers, etc.

Because of this I ordered it in Normal->Veteran->Master as a warning that jumping straight to bard for example might be tricky if you are brand new. But honestly it's not that big of a gulf.

The primal decks are a bit less balanced because I wanted to do more crazy stuff with them and they are super specialized as they only have one color. The name "Primal" doesn't imply difficulty but simply that they are from that expansion pack.

Vanguard could be argued to be the easiest deck, and acrobat/barbarian the hardest...so it's a range. Designed with goals "the ultimate armor deck", "the ultimate streak deck" etc.

My advice: Pick whatever seems funnest/coolest to you!

3. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015

Oh wow, thanks a lot! That helps immensely.

4. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #664 sobriquet, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Never mind.

5. Red Reddington

Red Reddington Active Member

May 26, 2015
    #665 Red Reddington, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Well, I'm glad to hear Righteous Hammer themselves call Acrobat and Barbarian difficult, because they are the classes I've struggled with the most (by far!). Acrobat eventually becomes fun if you can survive the first few fights, but I didn't enjoy Barbarian at all. But I do respect what Righteous Hammer said about wanting these to be wacky, almost experimental, single color decks. They're not meant to be perfectly balanced. I agree that Vanguard is pretty easy once you get the hang of it, and I had a blast playing the Sorcerer. Overall, if you like Solitairica but you've been on the fence about the DLC, you should absolutely get it. The four new classes are interesting, and no matter which one becomes your favorite, they all offer new ways to play.

Now here are my (much longer) two cents on each class, for any players who are curious:

Sorcerer—Focused on Willpower, and by far my favorite of the new guys, because it adds a brand new method of gameplay that no other class has, namely, its core abilities do damage or heal but also add disruptive cards to the enemy deck. So when the enemy pulls that card, it might heal you again, or give you an extra point of energy, etc. More importantly, when the enemy pulls one of your cards, it means they DIDN'T pull one of their own cards, so it's like they're effectively losing a turn. It also means the Sorcerer absolutely rules in battles of attrition. For instance, I had a couple of enemies where I was having trouble matching cards, but I was able to stay healed up pretty well. But the longer the battle went on, the more cards I was adding to the enemy deck. Eventually, that advantage kept accumulating until it became overwhelming, and I won the fight. I had a ton of fun playing the Sorcerer and beat the Emperor pretty handily.

Vanguard—Focused on Defense, this guy is all about armor, which is familiar, because I typically played my Paladin pretty armor-heavy. The important difference with the Vanguard is he can armor up even more quickly, and he can then spend armor to attack. So each turn, you can debate whether you'd rather keep your armor or use some up to attack. I was doing pretty well with him, but got a little worried about poison enemies, since poison damage bypasses armor and goes straight to hit points. But it actually turned out great. Since armor is useless against poison, that actually freed me up to spend all my armor on attacks, killing the enemy rather easily.

Acrobat—Focused on Agility, this class is very difficult to play, but has an interesting passive trait that reveals the second card in every stack. Kind of like a free X-Ray glasses that don't take up an item slot. That in itself is awesome, but the trade-off is that all his non-Agility spells cost 1 extra energy. Personally, I don't think it's worth the trade-off, because it makes it even harder to use armor or heals, both of which he's already bad at. With no real protection, I've been struggling, even in early battles. After dying many times, I had a lucky run where I survived until I could get some more advanced Agility spells, which is when this class finally shines. Having tons of Agility to cast Shadow Stalk repeatedly was really powerful. I also got to use Haste for the first time--I never thought it was worth the Agility cost in the past, but it's quite useful if you have Agility to spare. And it was funny to spam the Dodge spell until the Ogre's Stomp had a wait time of over 1,000 turns! To sum up, I had a good time with the Acrobat's late game, but the early game was brutal and required more than a bit of luck to survive.

Barbarian—Focused on Attack, this class was my least favorite. His main attack is kind of weak unless you have 3 or fewer hit points, when it becomes much more powerful, hitting multiple cards. Righteous Hammer describes this class as "an aggressive deck that encourages risky play." That is a gigantic understatement. I found him practically unplayable, because there are many, many enemy cards that do 3 or more damage, so if you're playing Barbarian the way it's meant to be played, you can easily get killed with the flip of a single card, even in early battles. That constant risk of getting one-shotted made him not very fun for me.

Righteous Hammer, I just wanted to let you know that Solitairica remains one of my all-time favorite mobile games, and you've made a lifelong fan of me. If you've got any other plans for new classes, enemies or spells, please keep them coming! Or if you're working on a brand-new game, I'll give you my full support in that venture, too.

6. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I got the game! #

7. Senza

Senza Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Just picked up the game and loving it. While cloud syncing for progress and unlocks is working between my devices, I noticed that wildstone amounts do not sync. Is this by design or do I have an issue?

8. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    The dev said it was by design for several reasons.

9. Gameboy98

Gameboy98 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2017
    Eat, sleep, get good grades
    Earth
    this is one of my fav games of ever. it was only 1$ a few weeks ago but it is worth so much more

10. Gameboy98

Gameboy98 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2017
    Eat, sleep, get good grades
    Earth
    I've never beat this game... does anyone kno the best way to win? I tried warrior with all upgrades but could not beat all the bosses. now I'm trying rogue but.. I don't know what's best to win

11. BlingBlang

BlingBlang Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I only beat the game once, and it was on a first try with monk with ZERO upgrades. Since that game, I played the game with all classes countless times and have upgraded everything. Haven't been able to beat the game since then, even with the monk.:eek:

12. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    I have beaten the game with all the classes. For me the "game changer" was to buy the Sapphire Skull item (gain 1 defense when damaged) and try to stun or apply armor whenever you can.

13. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Anybody playing this on android?

14. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Off and on. It mostly just sits there, hoping to be chosen.

15. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Do you experiencing any sound lag on android port ? i'm using s8+ and still the sound's lagging T_T

16. RighteousHammer

RighteousHammer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2016
    FYI, we are aware of the S8 sound lag issue. It's a bummer. Good news is, I have a lead, and am working towards a test this week!

17. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Thanks, i'll buy the full game as soon as you fix the sound problem on android port :)

18. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    Any update soon with more decks? this is by far mi favorite IOS card game.

19. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Hello! if the devs are here please update this jewel for iPhone X native full screen, please!! i love this game! <3 :D

20. Gdi

Gdi Active Member

Apr 16, 2016
    Hi! Whenever I try to buy primal decks iap I get "sorry purchase failed"