Universal Solitairica (by Righteous Hammer Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 24, 2016.

1. cameron331

cameron331 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Update fixed the dlc bug for me too. Successfully purchased.

2. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Can anyone tell me how I can totally reset this game to the initial state, with all my progress removed? Thought I'd managed it but seems it restored itself again, possibly via Gamecentre?

It's been a while since I played this and unlocked everything so I'd like to just start all over again but can't figure out how.

"End Journey" just cancels the current run, not all your progress to date...

Thanks

Jamie

3. wml

wml Active Member

Jul 4, 2009
    I would also like to reset my game but it doesnt seem possible

also all my epic runs are showing 19 as the highest when i havent even played it on epic yet

4. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Same issue here...

5. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #645 Son of Anarchy, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Firstly, any issues I recently had with the game (that were introduced with the expansion update) have finally been fixed, and for that I say thank you.

Amazing game. When I first bought it day one of release I played it to death, not stopping till everything was unlocked. The progression was perfect.

Starting from scratch a second time, I'm finding progression way too slow. The game is still amazing and nothing has changed, it's just that the magic of playing for the first time has worn off for me I guess.

I've been trying to think of changes that would keep me hooked a second time round instead of putting the game down because it feels like it'll take way too long to get anywhere. I guess it all comes down to the wild stone, if we earned a little more with each attempt it would help to unlock things a bit faster. Knowing that my failed attempt at round 17 will get me 100 or more wild stone instead of 40 would entice me a lot more. Especially since there's four more characters now to work for.

Anyways, just putting my thoughts here in an effort to constructively give you guys/gals something to think about. If I made a game I'd like to hear these things from the players.

6. wml

wml Active Member

Jul 4, 2009
    It is an excellent game but my game has become so messed up with all the recent bugs etc which I can't clear with a reset as the function doesn't exist that i won't play anymore until a reset function is implemented

Like I say a real shame as I really like the game

7. RighteousHammer

RighteousHammer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2016
    This is an often requested feature, so I have it on my list to add "reset progress" to the settings menu. Just a lower priority than the current weird rendering issues I am chasing down right now :)

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Not sure I'd want a complete reset, but the unearned, "Epic 19" for my Monk even before his first attempt at Epic is really annoying.

9. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Is there ever going to be a solution for having lost all our progress? I’m really hesitant to start all over again, it was a lot of work to win with all the decks, and I can’t even buy the new ones to test anything out. Combine that with having my saved wiped again when I reinstalled, having NO iCloud backup either time, I’m seriously frustrated :(

10. DarkAdamm

DarkAdamm Member

Sep 6, 2014
    I played this on my Ipad Air 2 with ios 9. The updates don't support anything before ios 10. In chance we will see ios 9 support on this game?

11. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    I just started playing this after waiting for the dlc issues to clear up and I'm confused. So, I haven't finished the first deck, warrior. I upgraded it once, and added an item slot but if I use my gems for another deck is it for the same baddies as the warrior or is it a different game? Also, I haven't gotten past 10 on that deck, any beginner tips?

12. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Dev, please check your email :)

13. Red Reddington

Red Reddington Active Member

May 26, 2015
    To answer your question, if you buy another deck, you will still fight all the same bad guys. They will have different modifiers each time you play, like "Flying," "Hungry," "Raging," etc., but the core baddies are the same.

The benefit in buying a new deck is that each deck specializes in different stats (Attack, Defense, Agility, Willpower) and different spells. So if one deck isn't clicking for you, you might find another fits your play style better. So if you'd like to try another deck, I'd say go for it. But personally, I'd recommend against Rogue, because I found it to be the hardest to play by far. Of course, you could also continue to upgrade Warrior and see if it starts to click better.

One thing to keep in mind is that no matter what deck you use, this game has a learning curve. It seems very hard at first, but the more you play, the more you'll start to figure out strategies. Think about ways to create synergies between your spells. Once you get better at the early fights, use them to farm gold (certain spells and items can help with gold accumulation) so you can buy better items in the shop. And carefully consider which items will complement your spells. Also, pay attention to enemy abilities and change your loadout if necessary so you're taking the best tools for the job.

Finally, remember that at its core, this game is still solitaire, so sometimes you'll just get a bad draw that ends up killing you. I've beaten the game with all 6 initial decks, but it's still not a sure thing when I start a new run. But the more you play, the more you'll learn ways to mitigate bad luck and really take advantage of good luck.

14. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
  15. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Another update that breaks more then it fixes. All of my gems are gone and I'm asked to purchase new deck pack again.... Do you guys test it at all, before releasing?

16. PhoenixWing

PhoenixWing Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    My wildstone was reset to 0 every update. Please fix this. I've lost more than 400 of them already.

17. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

And the fact that they can’t do anything for wildstone means we are just getting constantly screwed over.

This was one of my favorite games on the App Store. I friggin played this game to death and talked it up like crazy. Now I feel like I’d been promoting a game that has turned into a two headed hydra.

What’s going on, RH? You’re tearing me apart! :(

18. Peterplodocus

Peterplodocus Active Member

Sep 23, 2015
    RH have put a message out on their Twitter saying they've submitted an emergency update which should re-instate all progress :)
    They say do not re-install in the meantime as that may prevent the retrieval of any progress.
    The update will also have a bonus 200 Wildstone as a thank you for our patience :)
    It's good RH are being quick to address the issues at least

19. RighteousHammer

RighteousHammer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Really sorry guys! Don't tear apart! As long as you don't uninstall you will get everything back in 1.1.10 (plus a 200 bonus) which is in review now. I have asked Apple for an expedited review but no idea how easy those are to get.

What happened: I upgraded the engine to fix that texture glitch that was introduced last engine upgrade, and the engine changed the target save folder and we didn't catch it. So data is there, but the game is pointing at the wrong place. That is why keeping it installed is important so the data stays there.

Still, we take 100% of the blame...upgrading engine versions while tempting, is clearly a bad idea for a launched game. Lesson learned.

20. Peterplodocus

Peterplodocus Active Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Update 1.1.10 is live and it's restored everything for me! :)