Universal Solitairica (by Righteous Hammer Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 24, 2016.

1. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Awesome! I'll purchase on the hopes it comes through. Thanks for being active in the forums and good luck on the release!

2. Armadi

Armadi Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    jaxal- this does not require wifi to play.

Currently loving the game- thanks, devs!

3. Arwenshade

Arwenshade Active Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Kongsberg, Norway
    Gameplay is fun enough, but the sound design in this game is like really super bad! Overall feeling is that this could use a little more polish...

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Ermahgawd. I just watched a video of this on YouTube and giggled gleefully. I'm downloading it again just so I know when the SE bug update is out.

5. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #45 vectorarchitekt, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2016
    I can't wait to play!

6. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This game is a perfect fit for mobile.

7. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    As a big Card Crawl fan i can recommend this ;).

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I snagged it immediately as I already loved it on the PC.

If it hadn't been made clear earlier this is essentially a fun suped up take on Solitaire Golf (clearing cards off the board if they are 1 rank higher or 1 rank lower than the current top of the discard) and the layout you're clearing is your opponent. Clear out the level and they are defeated.

-Once you run out of moves and are forced to turn over a new stock card, your opponent gets a turn which consists of turning over the top card of his own separate little deck of tricks. What kind of shenanigans your opponent can pull is entirely based on your specific opponent but most take the form of throwing up obstacles on the playfield or just outright damaging you the player.

-Depending on which character you're playing, you too have several fun little tricks you can use to bring the odds back in your favor. The game has 4 suits, and with each card played to the discard pile, a point of mana for that suit is generated, get enough of said pooled mana and you can do something like zap a card off the board or heal your character.

-Once you've cleared the level you'll gain some cash you can spend at a shop in between levels to either get better skills or gear to increase your odds in your next encounter.

-So it goes until you finally defeat the final big boss or die trying. Either way at the end you'll be given some karma points which, once you've saved enough, will unlock new characters or add some cool abilities to already unlocked characters.

9. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I am loving this game. I think it is on equal footing with Card Crawl-both are exceptional solitaire-y type games but different strategies. Card Crawl is portrait only, and that has not been a problem for me, and neither is this game.

10. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Sounds very interesting, now I know I will like this game. Thanks for the great explanation of the mechanics LordGek

11. idaveharris

idaveharris Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Digging this game. In a funny way, the enemies and overall humour (not gameplay although they're both card games) reminds me of Swords & Poker 1&2 before konami ruined that game.

It's good fun and a great take on both solitaire and rogue games, again like someone else said, perfect for mobile.

Well done developers

12. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Paid, played for a couple hours and already felt I got my money's worth.

What are people's opinions on first unlock? Should it be for a new character, new deck for warrior, or new item slot?

13. bigukdaz

bigukdaz Active Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Hi guys was looking forward to buying this but in the UK store it comes up at £2.99 but when I click it it won't let me buy it. Just get a spinning circle then goes back to the 2.99. Any idea what's wrong.

14. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Fun game, but the play is kind of slow. I increased the speed in options, but if you play a lot of solitaire, even that feels a bit pokey. If you've played Fairway Solitaire, you'll know what I mean. After a while, you're going to want to play fast after getting the hang of the game.

15. Hoot3000

Hoot3000 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Game is stuck. Won't deal me a card. Close out restart no work. Help!! Lol

iPhone 6 Plus. 9.3.2.

16. RighteousHammer

RighteousHammer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Yikes! Can you send a screenshot and any additional info about how it happened to [email protected]?

17. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    The game has 18 stages alltogether right?

Love this game ! :)

18. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Second that...

19. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    You may be one of the biggest fans of Card Crawl. :)

20. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Really appreciate that. Please be sure to make sure it works in either landscape orientation if you do (important for using smart covers in various positions).