iPad Solitaire Premium (Free)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by GatorDeb, May 29, 2009.

1. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
  2. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Grab it, its really good.

Very nice, and it

1) Saves your state when you exit
    2) Keeps pretty complete statistics
    3) Lets you listen to your own music.
    4) Contains all of my favorite games except one (Montana - hint hint for the developer)

Plus its free.

Michael

3. DonD_GT

DonD_GT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    This certainly looks good, and free is free. I have to wonder why the (few) ratings are predominantly bad ones (1-3 stars). Unless the controls are poor (dragging cards?), I can't imagine what could be bad enough to rate 1 star.

4. Greengas

Greengas Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Paper Shuffler.
    Long Island, NY
    Cool always wanted a good Solitaire game.

5. DonD_GT

DonD_GT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    After just a minute with the game, I can see 2 things right away that can be improved. The cards need an outline. You can see from the screenshots above (in particular the 3rd one where they are all in a column) that they run together. A little black border, or shadowing or something would go a long way.

The cards are moved by tapping the card and then the location. I would prefer the option to drag the card rather than tap-tap.

Other than those two things, it is solitaire. I plays how you expect.

6. DukeSucks

DukeSucks Active Member

Apr 9, 2009
    might be a bad place to ask, but what would everyone recommend as the best solitaire app?

7. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  8. trivialtechnology

trivialtechnology New Member

May 30, 2009
    Hello,

I am one of the developers on Solitaire Premium. Thanks for the support. So far, the response has been very good. We are constantly trying to improve our games and will be adding new games with future updates. Let us know what games you'd like to see next at support@trivialtechnology.com. Spiderette will definitely be part of the next round.

Nicolas.

9. rmont

rmont Active Member

May 30, 2009
    Nice to see a free polished solitaire game. Downloading it now.

10. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Thanks for the game! I finally have a solitaire package for my iPod touch! I've only played one game of Freecell, but certainly enjoyed it. Can't wait to play some more.

The only thing I would say is it would be nice to have something between auto-finish and nothing. Just because a certain card can be placed in the upper left on the Ace pile, doesn't necessarily mean it's the best move. A card should only auto move there if all of its lower valued matches are also there.

What I mean is, just because a Five of Hearts can go to the Hearts pile, there might still be black fours, red threes, etc. out in the playing field. It certainly leads to a more challenging game, though, the way it currently is. I was still able to finish my game.