Universal SolForge - (by Stone Blade Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Dec 18, 2012.

1. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Ah cool, thanks for the info. I'll probably ditch the current app and check it out again when they make the new/updated one. I hope that with my card data on their servers, I won't lose anything.

2. Von_Dutch

Von_Dutch Member

Apr 16, 2012
    #102 Von_Dutch, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  3. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    I loved this game, but the damn UI was aweful so I dropped it. That's a completely unimpressive trailer, and I think SB really dropped the ball with the game in general, but I'd be willing to give this one another crack upon release

4. LOVE

LOVE Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Update live.

5. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Wont load for me, latest ios.. Ipad mini 2..

6. Von_Dutch

Von_Dutch Member

Apr 16, 2012
    The client is up for download but the servers are down currently been updated. Soon™

We're still doing some debugging and testing, while FRG does some things on the backend. No ETA, I'm afraid.

7. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    Okay, thanks for the update!

8. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Does this mean that SolForge won't have offline support? Offline play is the number one requirement for ANY game that wants to stay on my devices.

I mean, what if the zombie apocalypse happens and they take out all the power/internet in my hometown? If I can't play my favourite games offline in the end of days then unfortunately, I'm out.

9. Von_Dutch

Von_Dutch Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Servers are now online!

10. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    #110 JohnnyClash, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    Well.. What can I say? I have been following and waiting on this pending update for over a year now.. There was a lot of hype (videos, interviews, articles, etc) coming from the developers and designers leading up to this release in regard to visual improvements to the game engine, snappiness, etc..

Unfortunately, I am not seeing it.

The visuals may be updated a bit, but not by much, and certainly not up to the standards of what new games are putting out consistently at this point in time. Solforge still very much has the visuals and lack of 'snappiness' of any 4 year old ccg that you may drum up from the archives of the app store..

I am disappointed, and I feel most of my disappointment stems from the over-sale and hype of a product that was not delivered as described..

Please keep in mind that this is just one mans opinion, and maybe you will have a different outlook.. The UI was my biggest gripe with the eariler version, and from that regard this revamp does not deliver..

For the purists who do not 'need' the visuals, it does introduce other improvements like a new economy, and ranked play, but - for me - this is still overshadowed by the lackluster UI.

11. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    I'm also disappointed by my first impressions, having had high hopes for the update.

The game feels laggy with slow responses to many actions and long load times, and the effects are just visual clutter that add little. Useful information is actually harder to see than before. I much preferred the play environment of the old client, which felt more responsive and was a lot clearer.

Hopefully the response times can be improved with server tweaks, but even then I'm not sure that this is a nice environment to play in.

My biggest wish for the update was a fix for the random crashes, and so far I've not seen a crash... but having the game become a laggy mess is not an improvement. The core card game is a lot of fun, I just hope the developers can get it cleaned up and running smoothly.

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Yep, so I'm actually surprised someone's been able to actually get into the game part.

I count 30 seconds from open app till I actually see anything which is first the stoneblade logo movie. From there mine goes to either a black screen or a connecting screen. Haven't been able to go any further.

I really hope for your sake stoneblade that this is just a minor hiccup that you can fix easy and soon, because otherwise this has been, like what, 2 years or something in the making. Something like 2 years, and it's just "UI".
    I already wasn't a fan of the mechanics, see my earlier post, but damn, a long time to just focus on the UI, and then attempt a relaunch.

Hoping this clears up because I really want to give this another chance.

Right now pathfinder adventures is taking my focus, for a well executed game. Dropped like $60 on that. Deliver something similar stoneblade and its yours too, but damn...

13. Von_Dutch

Von_Dutch Member

Apr 16, 2012
    The servers are getting hammered due to the new set release and everyone mass opening packs. It should run much better once the rush is over.

14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    That's sounding a lot like this is online only? That, and I get a perpetual black screen if I try and open the game in flight mode.

Correct? ONLINE ONLY?

15. Von_Dutch

Von_Dutch Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Yes I believe its online only.

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Well the old version allowed us to at least skirmish the AI in offline. So if that's not possible now, I'm not real sure this is a step forward.

17. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I'm honestly a bit disappointed and saddened as that signifies the end of the game for me. Just when it was all starting to get exciting too. I hope things go well and you consider offline play again in the future, because mandatory online is something I'll never ever do.

18. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Played since beginning but quit last year so after the update I started playing again. The UI is ok, not worth them wasting $ and time reworking it but that's neither here nor there. A ton of new players now so it's been fun playing again, got some great cards and having a blast. No way will this take me away from hearthstone though, but if people keep playing it'll be a decent distraction.

19. Von_Dutch

Von_Dutch Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Server Issues Update

We are continuing to work on server issues discovered since the new release. Thousands of players trying to play have uncovered issues on the server side that we were unable to discover with our handful of QA support and in-house team.

We are now asking for your help, and to help entice you to play while we are still experiencing these issues, we are putting the game into a free mode. In free mode, all costs on store items and tournaments will be reduced to 1 gold or silver and gold purchasing will be disabled.

At the end of free mode ALL ACCOUNTS WILL BE REVERTED to their state as of 6/1/16 7PM PDT. That means all purchases, daily rewards, tournament rewards, and ranks during this period will be lost. Any silver, gold, or tickets spent will be refunded. Any accounts made during this time will be deleted.

We hope to resolve the issues quickly, but rather than leave the servers down indefinitely, we felt that letting players enjoy the game for free is the best course of action.

We are eternally grateful for your patience, understanding, and support while we work through these unexpected issues.

You can continue to report bugs in our forums here and we will update you with our progress over the coming days.

20. NumbNutz

NumbNutz Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Sorry to sound newbish but I am new to this and trying to learn but I can't beat the second tutorial,
    You have to kill 5 guys overall but I can't survive past the first turn with the spells provided,
    Anyone mind taking a look to help me out??