Universal Solar Siege (By Origin8)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 8, 2016.

1. thymegatherion

thymegatherion Active Member

Jul 27, 2014
    This is one of the mobile games that I paid, it is far from perfect yet, but I enjoy every moment of it, having been a fan of the Sentinel series. I'm looking forward to more balance and big fixes.

2. Origin8

Origin8 Well-Known Member

New patch currently in beta

Hi everyone! Just to let you all know that our massive balance and bug fix update is currently in beta testing. If anyone wants to try it early and join the beta just drop us a line at [email protected].

Here are the main changes currently in the patch:

NEW FEATURES:
    - Crystal Carriers behaviour reworked. Carriers can now help out other refineries who's own carriers are all busy.
    - New Missile targeting system. Missiles now intelligently hold fire if other missiles will destroy a target, and can also retarget if their target is destroyed by something else. This results in far fewer wasted missiles.

BALANCE CHANGES:
    -Enemy waves contain fewer fighters, frigates and destroyers
    -increased stealth fighters quantity, health and firing range
    -increased health bonus of enemies in long games to compensate
    -Shipyard no longer increases range with in-game upgrades. Increased base range to compensate.
    -Friendly Fighters increased health and firing range
    -Large increase in effectiveness of lots of Engineering Bay upgrades

BUG FIXES
    - Radar Range now increases properly when upgraded
    - Building structures no longer sometimes results in a scroll
    - lots of minor fixes

As always, any feedback on the changes is much appreciated. Thanks!

3. thymegatherion

Jul 27, 2014
    Amazing!! Thank you origin8!

4. thymegatherion

Jul 27, 2014
    I love the new update, just a question, what's the point of upgrading the shipyard now when its cheaper to build another one since the range will always remain the same? Same logic to the refinery as well! I hope the fighters/carriers' efficiency can be upgraded little by little to its full effect (say 200%) at level 4, just a thought!

For once I manage to beat hard mode without having the need to spam nova. Thanks orgin8!

5. Origin8

The next beta update already has cheaper Shipyard upgrades now that the range has been removed. Hopefully that will be approved by Apple over the weekend for you.

I'll take a look at the Refinery prices too. The thinking is that an upgrade not only gives you extra fighters/carriers but it does save you the space and power/time to build a new one but agreed that it probably might be a little on the expensive side to seem viable.

6. thymegatherion

Jul 27, 2014
    Thanks for listening to feedback! Great game!

7. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    The beta patch is a big improvement, the missiles and crystal carriers now work a lot more sensibly, it's great!

8. thymegatherion

Jul 27, 2014
    Hey Paul. Loving the new refinery update. I completed the last stage of Psycho today, thought I got something to say for the entire game. I think the later difficulties, hard and psycho, their campaign missions can be tweaked, survive longer, mine more crystals etc. otherwise it will seem like a rush to reach the final stage, as the earlier stages is just to introduce the towers into the game, in which when you're already at hard or psycho, it's really not necessary.

Good job on the game!

9. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    It would be nice to have a way to turn off shipyards (like miners can be turned off), they can take up quite a lot of power when constantly rebuilding ships, it makes me quite wary of building them...

10. Origin8

The new update v1.4.1 is now out for iOS. We hope you enjoy all the new improvements and changes!

Switch them to repair mode and your fighters will stay very close to the shipyard so will be much safer.

11. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Ok I'll try that next time.