Universal Solar Settlers (by BrainGoodGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    BrainGoodGames likes this.
  2. monorator

monorator Member

May 2, 2015
    Government Service
    Bamako, Mali
    Same here mate. I bought it some 5 hours ago and playing it since, Have not encountered any bugs and the play is smooth on my ipad.
    The game checks so many things for me, but it is difficult to put them here. Its been quite some time since a game got me that excited.

3. vivafringe

vivafringe Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    Glad that the game is getting attention on TA and Pocket Tactics. Solar Settlers is a definite favorite of mine on PC and I'm thrilled to see it on iOS. the app seems to run great.

4. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    ftr, bought this before getting round to playing it (not long after my first post on here), and... tbf, this just hasn't clicked for me.

The challenge is ramping up in a kinda tedious way (-1 turn +1 required settler per new game), after several wins I don't seem to've unlocked any new cards, and there's little there that's gripped me. As of yet.

It's not beautiful. I can see an argument for 'minimalist,' but yeah. Not quite enough to grip me.

IDK. Reminds me a bit of SFD: rogue TRPG. Insofar as I can hazard that there's a decent game somewhere back there, but (particularly given current competition) there's just not enough to keep me gripped / invested. Particularly in the early game. Particularly with some outstanding new releases (Zombicide, Spellforce), and monster hunter on discount.

Suspect I'm a lingering finger away from a delete.

TheSilveryWolf likes this.
  5. vivafringe

vivafringe Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    If you want to ramp up the challenge there are two things you can do:

-From the main menu, click on the credits three times. This will immediately unlock Expert Mode without grinding. I have some pretty high expert scores that should be fun to beat
    - in the options menu, select "Take placement match". This can increase your rank to level 25

Personally I think the grind can be pretty fun though.

6. Lanster27

Lanster27 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Wondering if the devs are still looking at a battery saving mode. Other than that, been playing for 3 weeks now, still having fun. I just play about 2-3 games a day, so I dont get burnt out. The "grind" is not really a grind, it's just playing and having fun and occasionally you unlock a new interesting card to play with and mixed into the pool, which can up the challenge in itself.

Just unlocked Yon, and I've got to say after playing 40ish games as Humans/Formids/Rak, Yon seems sooo much more fun and powerful. Turn 5 Rock world shrine can probably give you 8 oxygen with 1 worker. By turn 4-5, resources are not an issue anymore.

7. BrainGoodGames

BrainGoodGames Active Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Glad you're still having fun Lanster! I looked into this a little bit and nothing jumps out at me as obviously causing the battery issue (except for Unity stuff that I can't do anything about). It's not impossible that I'll figure it out, but no great ideas yet.