Universal Solar Explorer: New Dawn (by Dwarf Cavern)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 20, 2019.

1. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Yes. Solar Explorer evolves landers into the next epoch. A new dawn if you will.

Vojislav Dimitrijevic likes this.
  2. Vojislav Dimitrijevic

May 21, 2019
    Male
    #22 Vojislav Dimitrijevic, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Hello everyone. I just wanted to post an important update regarding the game here as well.
    Version 1.0 has an issue where the game would close immediately after the intro. This behavior affected only older devices equipped with A7 and A8 processors that had batteries that were not in a great state. Problem was even more pronounced if the device was running on iOS 12.x.

Fix has been implemented into the game, tested and devices that did exhibit crashing problem are now able to run the game without a problem. Since this is an urgent type of a fix, I didn't have time to do extensive duration testing, but initial results indicate that the problem should in the majority of cases now be eliminated.

The fix will be rolling out in v1.0.1 that also has a handful of small fixes and improvements, most notably the icon look, display name on the home screen of the device and landscape orientation on non X devices will be possible in both left and right orientations. I am hoping to submit the build for review by the end of the week, so v1.0.1 with the fix and these improvements can be expected to go live early next week.

If you have been affected by this problem, I truly apologize for the inconvenience. As soon as it was discovered I have worked non stop on it, and the last 48 hours were spent on testing the fix on devices that exhibited the problem and making sure that it was gone. Thank you for your patience and understanding :)

UPDATE:
    V1.0.1 is live on the AppStore now and contains all of the fixes and improvements listed here.

3. Dema9o9uehutq

Dema9o9uehutq Member

Mar 28, 2019
    Male
    Love the game but I wish there were more to the base building mechanics. From the screen shots I thought there would be more to the game than just the landings. Don't get me wrong it's still an awesome game but I would love to see some more sim management added to the planets and the base building that goes beyond the act of landing the probes. Maybe you could deliver resources to the planets that allow you to upgrade buildings that then generate resources to build other things or new landers and tech, etc.

Asp likes this.
  4. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I’m not entirely sure it’s clicking with me. I like bits of it a lot, the music and atmosphere as you hurtle to the planet is nicely done and the controls are spot on. I’m finding the loadout screen when you can customise you lander a bit confusing and it seems that every time I enter the final landing stage I’m either bang on course and I just brake and land or I’m way off course and I stand no chance of recovering from it....

I want to like it, and I’m going to persevere with it but so far I’m a bit underwhelmed.

Asp likes this.
  5. Vojislav Dimitrijevic

May 21, 2019
    Male
    Weekly tip on the game's YouTube channel actually addresses this very issue :) Take a look at the video, it's short (2 min), and hopefully, that will shed some light on that subject and let you have more control over your landings. Thank you for trying the game out and for sticking through the rough patch. I truly hope that you find it fun in the end :)

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Just a heads up, Vojislav. While it doesn’t particularly affect me since I always hold my XS with the notch to the left, per your update notes, the game still does auto-rotate on X devices.

Vojislav Dimitrijevic likes this.
  7. Vojislav Dimitrijevic

May 21, 2019
    Male
    Thank you very much metalcasket for the heads up! This really helps :) That is odd and I'll definitely look into it. I'm working on v1.0.2 version as we speak anyway (adding the option to enable/disable "Optimized Mode" manually, which will resolve the Battery Peak Performance auto shutdown if it occurs on any gen devices) so I will most definitely look into this as well and implement the fix.

raravan and metalcasket like this.
  8. Vojislav Dimitrijevic

May 21, 2019
    Male
    Hello everyone! Update v1.0.2 has just been released and will start rolling out today. Here are the improvements and new features added in this week 2 update:

NEW FEATURES:
    - Added the "Restart Mission" option during gameplay. You are now able to restart a mission at any point during any of the gameplay stages. Just press the Restart Mission icon in the upper left corner to access the Restart Mission dialog box.

- Added a new option in game Settings called "Optimized Mode". Use this mode if your device is affected by poor Battery Peak Performance app auto-shutdown issue. If you experience the game shutting down on its own, enabling this mode will eliminate the problem. This mode also improves the performance a little bit, at the cost of mild visual quality optimization. Optimized Mode is automatically enabled for devices running A7 and A8 processors and cannot be disabled.

IMPROVEMENTS:
    - Minor color changes to the Landing Zone Indicator and Speedometer, for better clarity in atmospheric worlds.

Thank you for playing! :D