iPad Solar Blaster - anyone tried yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tosui, Oct 6, 2008.

1. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
  2. macbookairman

macbookairman Active Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Hope to edit video professionally.
    Nebraska
    #2 macbookairman, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
    i bought it. so far i like it. so far its fun for a few minutes (at a time). But i'm sure the developer will add more to the game. for $0.99, I'd buy it. I will try to make a video of it, but i can't make any guarantees.

one note: i did horrible the first time i played it (i only blew up like 3 planets) and i was ranked 13 in the world. so....its gonna take awhile for the online ranking to be accurate. cause i'm like the only one on there now.

3. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    downloading now. might be a little while before I can try it though

4. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    solar blaster

first impressions are that its not bad for $1. it definitely shows that the ipod touch can do FPS pretty well. I actually think its pretty fun for a few minutes at a time. it controls well and looks good. It would be nice if there were more types of enemies. definitely a start of something. Hopefully they will work on adding more to it or use it as a building block for future FPSs. I think the ipod touch is the perfect platform for FPS's. Lets hope this is the start of something!!

5. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Does it make you feel like you're sitting in one of the pods of the Millennium Falcon? Cause that's what I want :D

6. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    definitely a good start. but it needs some enemies! Those vicious space cubes won't keep us busy for too long... ;)

controls and looks great though.