Software 3.0 - Less battery consumption?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Random_Guy, Jun 20, 2009.

?

Have you noticed that there is a less battery consumption with software 3.0?

1. Yes.

17 vote(s)
    58.6%
  2. No.

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  1. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Hey guys, I've noticed that with the release of software 3.0, applications use less battery now.

I've been playing Let's Golf on my iPhone 3G for about 1.5 hours straight, yet, my battery bar still shows that its full. Before the new software update, my battery would've been half empty by now.

Have you guys noticed it as well? Or is my battery bar screwed?

2. Marioman619

Marioman619 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    My iPod's been charged since I downloaded it about an hour ago, so I wouldn't know.
    A little bit off-topic, but will the battery drain noticeably if I keep the bluetooth on?

3. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    i played 2079 for like 6 hours straight yesterday, and never had a problem. but i don't know if that's just the game or not, not sure.

4. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    So you played for 6 hours straight and did not lose any battery?

5. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Yeah my battery drains slower too. I played peggle and galcon for a good 3 hours, (galcon online too), and had over 3/4 left.

6. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    Thats definitely not possible for it to still be 100%. All I know is that Baseball Slugger Home Run Race 3D rapes my battery but its worth it. Just too great of a game to stop playing because of a thing like the batter life. Outlets are everywhere.

7. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I know it's not possible for it to still be 100%, but my battery bar shows it to be completely full. Is my battery bar screwed then?

8. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Well, it could be because my iPod says I have 82% left then I lock it and open it back up and it says I have 76% left. Weird..... :confused:

9. Barbosa

Barbosa Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    N.Y., USA
    Is someone very sure that os 3.0 really reduce battery consumption? If it really does then I might consider upgrading my iPod touch.

10. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    How do you check what percentage of battery you have left? Or is it a feature only on the iPod Touch?

11. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    if you jailbreak it you can have an option to display percentage instead of a battery bar. well that's how i check...mine is still at 2.2.1 so i dont know...

my battery goes down and back up. like if i shut it down at 100 and turn it back on, it will be at 80 something. then it goes back to like 96 and then back to 100.

same thing if i play apps and then go to music. the battery will go back up as i play music...

12. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    instead of jailbreaking like the last guy said you can just dl free memory and save you all the trouble...and its legal..well technically jb isnt illegal

13. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    in was over half way, what i was meaning is i didnt get the 20% or 10% warnings. and it was litterly 6 hours straight non stop

14. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    It really sucks for me.:( It sucks for me because my iPod is broken and my battery life is going willy-nilly. I'll open it up and it'll say 52%, then I open it up again and it'll say 100%. I hate that.:confused: Then my iPod times-out and gives me this solid white screen with blue and purple bars. I'm going to my local Apple Store tomorrow and I'll hopefully get it fixed! ;) It really hurts being not able to play my awesome games. :( :p :( :p :(

15. Barbosa

Barbosa Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    N.Y., USA
    So about how many more hours do u get playin games after upgraded to 3.0? I rlly wana no cuz i'm still hesitatin whether or not to upgrade my iPod touch.