Universal [Soft Launch PH] Modern Combat Versus (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Allstars Production, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Dear god that is the best response from a community manager that I have ever seen here. I'm actually pretty interested in checking this out now. Humor sells in many ways. I wasn't even aware characters had specific abilities similar to overwatch, could be very fun.

2. Rip73™

Rip73™ New Member

Apr 29, 2017
    #62 Rip73™, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Most certainly true enough.

3. MissHaruki

MissHaruki Member

Apr 13, 2017
    CM at MCVS
    Montreal
    Hey there,

We definitely want to expand the device list during soft launch. The more, the merrier.
    Unfortunately, we do not have a concrete release date just yet for those, or the first list of devices that are getting the port. As soon as we have it we'll let you know ;)

Off you go!

It's very fun indeed! Without any particular bias or second intentions, I'd recommend you to try it out when it releases worldwide.

Cheers!

4. sandoval23

sandoval23 New Member

May 5, 2017
    Is modern combat versus is cross-platform multiplayer ios to android? or ios to ios only thank you for answering:):):)

5. MissHaruki

MissHaruki Member

Apr 13, 2017
    CM at MCVS
    Montreal
    Hey there sandoval23,

Our idea is to make the game cross-platform between iOS and Android, yes.
    We look forward to sharing more details about you guys in the future. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
    Haruki

6. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Been playing for a few hours. Graphics are beautiful! But like other Gameloft games, it's pay2win. You can level up your agents with coins, which ofc you can buy with real money. So you can buy a sh*tload of coins, level up your agents to 999999999999 and essentially bulldoze your way to victory, no skill required. Wish they just remove the pay2win aspect

7. vanpome

vanpome Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Concern

Will my purchases and game progress be reseted after soft launch?

8. CMHaruki

CMHaruki New Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Montreal
    Hey there,

Currently there are no plans to reset players' profiles for worldwide release whatsoever.
    If this ever changes in the future, we will surely let you know.

Cheers!

9. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Out in Australia/New Zealand... but it it still region locked?

10. Wonkavator

Wonkavator Active Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Yes. Ridiculous.

11. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #71 rIcHrAnDoM, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Someone enlighten me...region locked? What does that mean?

Never mind, just fired up the game from the NZ store and now I see. Can you just somehow change your device settings to bypass this?

12. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
  13. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
  14. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Game looks great. Simplified controls rock.... not enough content to entice me to spend hundreds like I did with MC5. I guess we'll see how it shapes up with the global release.

Devs: you really do have a great vibe going with this game!

15. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    Relly annoying this is out in New Zealand, but still doesn't work :mad:

16. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    It's working here in Aus. Don't worry, you aren't missing much.

All these 1 v 1 and 1 v 2 games I'm getting matched in to are absolute shite. Shouldn't even bother starting a match without at least 3 each side.

17. Madscotsman

Madscotsman Member

May 12, 2009
    Device Technician
    Where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.
    Agreed, I very rarely can even get a match started, guess I'll have to wait to a NA release to actually get to play.

18. MissHaruki

MissHaruki Member

Apr 13, 2017
    CM at MCVS
    Montreal
    Hey there Rich,

Well, glad you are liking the MCVS vibe so far! At the moment we are ramping up to global release but it goes without saying that this game just got started. ;) There're a lot of things planned for it.

Hey Spleen,

Yeah, I do understand this is really not fun when it happens. I'm playing the game on a daily basis and I'm facing the same issue when not in SEA peak hours. In any case, as we keep on adding countries in the future to the soft launch pool and broadening our device compatibility list, these scenarios should ameliorate. Thanks for your patience!

Cheers!

19. Mekklesack

Mekklesack Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Although I think Mass Effect Infiltrator created the standard for virtual input-less shooting, I have warmed up to automatic shooting. For stealth I just keep my cross hair down while I tail opponents. It ironically feels more real, and it enables me to focus on other things. It makes the action less impenetrable for more gamers across the spectrum of the FPS genre. I'm glad developers just went ahead and moved forward with that as an option and Gameloft is among them. I accept my new input-less overlords.

20. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I agree wholeheartedly, I really am a fan of them also, on mobile. Whereas, with MC5, tilt-to-aim worked great with a controller, this really is the evolution that MP FPS controls needed to take, on mobile. I couldn't enjoy MC5 without a controller. MC Versus feels great on touchscreen and the playing field feels level now. I could completely dominate in MC5 with the controller if I was in a room with people without them. Fun, but unfair. I'm so ready for this to hit Globally.