Universal [Soft Launch PH] Modern Combat Versus (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Allstars Production, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    My experience was that it was too laggy & ugly looking to enjoy at all. It's in soft launch so whatever, but it has a way to go before it's a good game imo.

2. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Something I'm not totally clear on (or rather, something I'm totally not clear on) is the use of powers that involve a red reticule highlighting an enemy; for example Ghosts "Stab".
    How does one actually do the stabbing; do you tap the reticule? Double tap?

3. MissHaruki

MissHaruki Member

Apr 13, 2017
    CM at MCVS
    Montreal
    Hey there again,

Thanks for keeping this conversation flowing. We are thrilled to see the reception so far! The team is also working already on future updates to keep on improving the game and some of the issues you guys have addressed here and also outside.

Hey Mrbestapps,

Thanks for your words, it's awesome to see veterans of the Modern Combat series around (we also have MC4 veterans within the development team). This game is definitely a new take on the Modern Combat franchise and we hope to accomplish great things here, with the help of all of you guys.

Hey there,

We are looking to expand the pool of soft launch countries very soon. Maybe there's a chance to see you in-game before worldwide launch? :p In any case, you can always drop your feedback on the MCVS forums - we are listening!

Hey there,

I am afraid you cannot do this right now. However, we are adding the option of linking your account to Facebook and also Game Center in the future. Thanks for your patience!

Hey there Pocketnova,

Thanks for your feedback! Our design team is watching carefully the performance of all different Agents. There're definitely some changes to be added here and there in terms of balancing and bug fixing. As for your other remarks:
    + we do not have an ending date for this soft launch but we'll be including more countries and devices to the pool in the upcoming weeks
    + the auto-button has definitely been a topic of controversy during the first days. As already mentioned, we are monitoring your feedback and adding extra control options in the future.

When cloaked as Gh0st, simply get close enough to your enemy to perform your alternate action (stabbing, in this case). You just need to double tap on that enemy to surprise him with a sneak attack.

-----

See you on the battlefield.
    Over & out.

4. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    I know this game is sort of a spin-off but was it really that necessary to exclude players that enjoy singleplayer content? Gameloft really had to cut the campaign out of this game in order to make it great? I am simply asking this because in an interview I read- Gameloft was saying they didn't want to divide the resources to a SP part so that is why they focused so much on MP.

No one questioned the removal of a SP portion from a series that had it since the start? Modern Combat has SP,Modern Combat 2 had SP,Modern Combat 3 had SP,Modern Combat 4 had SP and even Modern Combat 5 had SP even though the missions were extremely short and I guess we could have seen it coming from that last game in the series.

Also the next most serious question is the geo-locking that has been going on with Gameloft titles now. Is Gameloft afraid that people can't make a difference between a pre-release product and a finished version and that is why they are trying to expose less people to the testing phase? No one from Gameloft has yet clearly addressed why for instance the Philippines is the ideal location for beta testing and why geo-locking is needed.

Another important issue-I always see Community Manager tells us tweaks and balances are coming to the games later on and will make everything more fair to the players. In the case with this game I have seen gameplay footage showcasing the need to reload around four times in order to kill a single enemy(I am implying that the enemy was such a bullet sponge, you would need a couple of RPGs to finish him off). So my question here is-Gameloft has to have some test focus group that finds bugs and issues with each game before it's released to the public and even before that I am sure developers themselves sit down and play the game. Out of all those people not a single one commented how bullet spongy the enemies are and that it needs to be different? This is why I believe no real tweaks will be made on the release of this game or in the future. Gameloft has seen this as an issue way before actual players got to testing the game in this soft launch and they haven't corrected it, why would they now?

5. MissHaruki

MissHaruki Member

Apr 13, 2017
    CM at MCVS
    Montreal
    Dear dunhila,

Thanks a lot for your words.

Regarding the SP topic: Modern Combat Versus is definitely a new take on the franchise and there are a number of core features that reflect that. The absence of a single player campaign is one of them. As our team mentioned, it's a reality that multiplayer is what keeps bringing players back for more action. Moreover, single player campaigns have a great impact in terms of development and build resources. So in the case of Modern Combat Versus, we decided to drop that out in the end and concentrate exclusively on building an original multiplayer experience. And yes, it's a big bet for those of you who may have expected a more singular narrative on top of competitive aspects. At the same time, our goal was clear: move forward towards a new Modern Combat experience.

Regarding the soft launch: the practice of soft launching in different countries is quite widespread in the mobile gaming industry nowadays as part of the development cycle towards its end. In our particular case, it's allowing us to stress-test our game on smaller live environments first and see how it performs. Parallel to that, our game designers are monitoring how MCVS is being played by increasing numbers of players. This is enabling them to find what aspects of the game need more tuning and balancing and which ones are good to go.

In the end we do understand that players who do not have access right now to the soft launch version may feel a tad frustrated about it. But Modern Combat Versus will keep on expanding its beta country list with more territories and devices.

Regarding test groups and internal testing: Yes, during its development, Modern Combat Versus had focus tests groups playing the game and dropping their feedback, which ultimately helped shape the build that is currently in soft launch. On top of that, our designers themselves play the game on a daily basis and we organize playtesting sessions in the studio fairly often. This said, there's always a difference between a relatively low number of people testing the game internally and thousands of players doing so. In the sense that bigger crowds in a bigger multiplayer environment will always encounter more issues and add interesting balancing remarks than smaller focus groups. There's room for improvement, of course, and we are working hard on that front.

During soft launch we'll be pushing out different updates containing bug fixes and balancing tweaks, to ensure that MCVS is in its best shape when it releases worldwide for everyone.

I hope I have addressed some of your concerns.

Regards,
    Haruki

6. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Hi,Haruki! Thank you for the huge response to my questions.It did manage to make me understand a lot.Even though I have to be honest the no SP thing pushed me away from the game as I do not enjoy games that are strictly MP and PVP only,I do wanted to ask if the team would consider in the future perhaps to make some modes where people can play in CO-OP?For instance-a group of 4 people just going in a map and killing enemy robots or something while using the weapons and agents they choose plus the skills that they posses.I am more open to playing in a CO-OP environment rather than a PVP one,so I do hope that the team developing the game would consider doing something like this that would accommodate players like me! :)

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me yet again,by far the best response I have gotten from a community manager over at Gameloft :) Truly good work and I hope to see a fast response from you on this question too :)

7. MissHaruki

MissHaruki Member

Apr 13, 2017
    CM at MCVS
    Montreal
    Hey there mister,

Yeah, that was certainly a hefty wall of text. :D

I completely understand your point of view regarding SP and MP. I tend to prefer the first over the second as well. However, I'd invite you to keep the game on your radar. It may only be PvP but there's definitely a lot of teamwork involved in each fight. Each Agent complements others and viceversa and this allows for nice synergies between team members.

It's still too early for us to talk about hypothetic Co-Op scenarios though. This said, we definitely want to see the game grow in the future with more modes, characters and maps. So who knows what the future may bring!

Cheers,
    Haruki

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Well, please do remain. I've seen a lot of you community managed get driven away and it's great to have quick responses that detail what you and the devs are thinking. Cheers. :)

9. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    Any other countries have the game yet?

10. MissHaruki

MissHaruki Member

Apr 13, 2017
    CM at MCVS
    Montreal
    Hey there,

No, at the moment the game is only available to iOS players in the Philippines. However, you should stay tuned to our social media channels since we are definitely adding more countries to the beta pool soon. ;)

Cheers,
    Haruki

11. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Wow the modern combat mobile gamers wanted.
    Is it going to be ported to steam?
    Such an original game, a real competition to overwatch. Overwatch is in trouble!!!!!!
    I like the fact that you guys stopped making call of duty clone, and made versus. This game is sooooo original. I have been playing it for a while, and I don't know how to use swift skill. She is like tracer but, I got no idea on how to use her teleportation? HELP.
    I CAN't beleive this game is not premium. Gameloft you are the best, The best.

12. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    #52 dunhila, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Still having a hard time understanding if this is sarcasm :D

13. MissHaruki

MissHaruki Member

Apr 13, 2017
    CM at MCVS
    Montreal
    [​IMG]
    No, it's not gonna be ported to Steam.
    You can use Sw1ft's teleportation by pressing her icon button or the ability bar.

Cheers!

14. Rip73™

Rip73™ New Member

Apr 29, 2017
    Best.
    Reply.
    Ever.
    :)

15. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Sure was!
    Any chance android users get a swing at the game before the official launch?

16. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    #56 madreviewer, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    What do you think?
    I am not that savage, you monster

17. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    So sad,
    I know to press the button but I haven't master the teleportation yet.
    And why this meme?

18. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    Any chance you guys will add more characters?
    THIS GAME IS SO COOL- and when it comes out to the US I will spent my money on it.
    I am so glad you guys took a different route with this game.
    NO MC 5 2.0-- MODERN COMBAT VERSUS- is just dope as hell. ( I AM SO EXCITED)
    Sorry for being too excited, it's just.
    I have been waiting to get my hands on this for so long. I knew about this game way back , before any gameplay.
    Ho yeah by the way can one of you send me a link to a video showing how SWift skills work?
    A YouTube video

19. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Hey you, go back to reviewing games very angrily

20. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    Why? Nobody cares about my angry reviews--- I am on some medication which keep the beast out. (Praise the lord)
    And I think this game is made well for what it is.
    I THINK IT'S AMAZING.
    I mean why would you want me to make angry angry reviews?
    To get banned from touch arcade?
    If you want an angry review make one yourself.
    Where are the Hardcore gamers clans at?
    I want to join