Universal [Soft Launch AU|NZ|MY|PH|SG] The Witcher: Monster Slayer (by Spokko part of CD PROJEKT Family)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Spokko, Sep 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spokko

Spokko New Member

Sep 2, 2020
    #1 Spokko, Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021
    [​IMG]

Attention witchers!

We discovered new monster nests in Southeast Asia! The Witcher: Monster Slayer is now available for tests on iOS in Malaysia, Philippines and Singapore!

Download the game from the App Store now:
    https://thewitcher.ly/MonsterSlayer

An early development version of The Witcher: Monster Slayer is now available in New Zealand, Malaysia, Philippines and Singapore! Track, study, and fight dangerous beasts which roam the world around you, and see the monster-infested realm of the Witcher up close like never before.

The Witcher: Monster Slayer is a free-to-play, augmented-reality exploration game that challenges you to become an elite monster hunter. As you explore the real world around you, each step will take you deeper into a dark fantasy adventure RPG unlike any other.

Watch the Announcement Trailer:

Watch the Gameplay trailer:

To be up to date follow The Witcher: Monster Slayer on:

If you encounter any bugs or would like to provide feedback, please visit our support page or email us at [email protected]

Good luck on the path!

ste86uk likes this.
  2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #2 ste86uk, Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    I downloaded this earlier but have only been playing from home so far, although I do wonder with the battles and I guess harder ones how doable they will be on the move when you are outside.

But so far considering it’s an early softlaunch build it seems good. Although I never use any oils or bombs for any battles because it seems difficult to make them so I just save them and don’t use them at all.

There isn’t really a tutorial I had to learn by reading the skills section which told me about fast/slow attacks and blocking and the runes. I’d also like it if the game could load in faster or stay open in multitasking it doesn’t seem to stay open at all once closed and needs a whole new launch which isn’t that quick if you just want to check for anything nearby quickly.

I’m not in NZ but got it on my NZ account so for any wondering you don’t need to bother with a vpn they haven’t blocked access based on location.

3. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    It has a tutorial actually, before the "exam" in the beginning of the game, you can select practicing a bit more which enables a tutorial. But I agree, messaging is not that clear.

So far I'm really enjoying the game, think about a mixture of Pokemon Go & Elder Scrolls Blades/Infinity Blades here, but the best parts. The game is smooth, solid 60fps on my XS Max without heating, very promising start. Looking for more!

ste86uk likes this.
  4. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    For the ones who's at home like me and using iOS 14 beta, you can enable/disable the precise location access from the settings, which will port you a nearer location. Turn on/off, and try to nudge yourself. Poor man's hack :shrug

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #5 ste86uk, Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    @bx59 yes I found that later on, it doesn’t make it clear at the start that’s what it is. It just made me think it would just do another battle like the one I finished right before it asked.

I still suck at parrying, even though I was pretty good at infinity blade. But I’m always in a strike when they go to attack or I’m just too slow I guess just lost to two medium monsters because of parries.

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Spokko honestly I can’t help feeling like for this to be a success the combat needs some work, I feel like it’s very unresponsive considering the quick almost twitch like reflexes you need. In games like infinity blade you had a block button, you could swipe in the direction of the attack to get a parry which I believe also stunned for a few seconds the same possibly with a perfect block? Then you had dodges also.

Here I only have a parry which is really a block but with a sword? It doesn’t work if your swinging which is tough because the swings aren’t instant and even when I tap when I see the attack coming it’s generally too late more often than not by the time it’s finished swinging and goes into a block. The combat needs to be more fun and responsive.

Other than that it seems like a solid concept and of course the more RPG mechanics you can add the better with gear/cosmetics, skills, crafting etc which you have included already but like I said the more the better. It gets people talking about the game if there are lots of options and people are trying to figure out what the best is rather than following straight path with little choice.

7. Spokko

Spokko New Member

Sep 2, 2020
    #7 Spokko, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I’m sure there’s already a thread for this.

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  10. Spokko

Spokko New Member

Sep 2, 2020
  11. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold