Universal [Soft Launch: NZ,AU,CA] Like a Boss! (by Versus Evil)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wondroushippo, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocythoe

Ocythoe Member

Dec 16, 2014
    How many wipe will the game get before official launch?

2. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Just to let you know that I am enjoying playing the warlord class. Thanks dev for fixing it so fast :)

It reminds me of the anime "Overlord" few months back.

3. Firehorser

Firehorser Member

Jan 30, 2016
    Game Development
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Hey Ocythoe,

We are hoping that this was the first and the last wipe. We had an issue with the login system, which made our database "forget" who you were, but this has now been fixed in this last build as well. From now on we expect to upgrade the database structure, instead of wiping it clean so your progress shouldn't be lost in the future, but I kindly ask you to be patient with us. This is still an early stage of our soft launch so I cant promise that everything I say is completely set in stone, but we understand how frustrating it is to play a game only to see all work lost, after all we're gamers ourselves.

PS: If you for any reason reset your device completely, your progress will be lost as well. In the future this issue will be addressed.

4. Firehorser

Firehorser Member

Jan 30, 2016
    Game Development
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    We're glad you are enjoying it! =) We wanted to make sure that the classes felt very different in play style and so far we are pretty happy with the results, but then again, any feedback is very welcome! =)

5. Ocythoe

Ocythoe Member

Dec 16, 2014
    It's fine. I reinstalled the game 3 times and do some light grinding on the stages right before the crash loop part, just to test some skills.

By the way, I think the walord class is ridiculous strong compared to warrior class especially when the control is a little bad for melee playstyle.

6. Firehorser

Firehorser Member

Jan 30, 2016
    Game Development
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    I get where you are coming from, Ocythoe. In the beginning the Warlock really seems a bit (or a lot) overpowered in relation to the Warrior, lots of mobility, high damage, long range... but when difficulty starts ramping up a bit more, you will notice how fragile the Warlock can be if not played correctly. We have downscaled difficulty quite a bit in this build, so you might be feeling such a huge difference because you may be comparing with the previous build.

Regardless of that, we will keep a close eye to balance between the classes, as we want them to be played very differently, but have roughly the same power.

By the way, are you having a crash loop situation in this build, or are you refering to the shop tutorial bug that was happening in the previous build?

At any rate, thanks for the feedback, its greatly valued by us =)

7. Ocythoe

Ocythoe Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I think the mobility of warlock is really high later on with teleport/portal so they can afford to be fragile. They can also shot right through walls or wipe out enemies before they can pose a threat. It can be a problem if players stack damage+vamp and make warrior class look like a joke. A lot of game I played also have problems balancing melee and ranged.

I was referring to the crash loop in last version. I had to avoid progressing and grind in low level maps to test some warrior skills.

8. AyuOichi

AyuOichi New Member

Dec 29, 2016
    [Soft Launch: NZ,AU,CA] Like a Boss! (by Versus Evil)

[​IMG]
    Like a Boss!

Versus Evil
    Genres: Games Entertainment Role-Playing Action
    Free ​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supported Devices:

• iPad2Wifi
    • iPad23G
    • iPhone4S
    • iPadThirdGen
    • iPadThirdGen4G
    • iPhone5
    • iPodTouchFifthGen
    • iPadFourthGen
    • iPadFourthGen4G
    • iPadMini
    • iPadMini4G
    • iPhone5c
    • iPhone5s
    • iPhone6
    • iPhone6Plus
    • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 593MB

9. Bryan27

Bryan27 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Gameplay Chapters 1,2,3

10. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I've been following this in soft - launch for a while now.

The dev puts a LOT of love into this game, it's improved significantly since I began playing.
    Def. give this a try if you have an account in region.

The art, the audio and the humor is all top notch.
    There are a few races to play as, and a few classes. Varied gameplay and missions, crafting, clans and bonuses, etc etc.
    The style alone is amazing.

I really want this game to succeed because there is nothing really like it out there and it's amazing.

The ONLY thing I wish it had was stick control instead of tap-to-move. But I'm generally in the minority there.

Edit: Also, I have no idea how to unlock the archer class...

11. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Guys you need to try this game, its so funny omg

12. Jenohart

Jenohart Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Australia
    So first impression is this game is pretty great but I got one big problem.

This game is, as far as I can tell, a totally single player experience. Why is it online-only? Why does it need a constant internet connection? For what reason?

13. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Well there's clans and you can hire friends bosses to help you out, so that's online. But I heard somewhere that multiplayer is planned. So I dunno.

14. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Critical bug at chapter 32, it crashes the game everytime and i lose energy. Cant progress because of that bug.