Universal [Soft Launch NL FIN IND PHI] Nightmare Guardians (by Rumble Entertainment, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jan 27, 2015.

1. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Nightmare Guardians

Rumble Entertainment, Inc.
    Genres: Games Rollenspel Actie
    Gratis ​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supported Devices:

• iPhone4
    • iPhone5s
    • iPadFourthGen4G
    • iPhone6
    • iPadThirdGen4G
    • iPadThirdGen
    • iPadFourthGen
    • iPodTouchFifthGen
    • iPhone4S
    • iPadMini
    • iPhone6Plus
    • iPhone5
    • iPad23G
    • iPad2Wifi
    • iPadMini4G
    • iPhone5c

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 249.1MB

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Watched some of the video and it looks interesting I suppose it's all down to the specific mechanics and how it's implemented. But it looks worth keeping an eye on or checking out when it's released.

4. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    NL is which country?

Available in NZ or CAnada?

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Netherlands. Not currently available in NZ.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow... This game is surprisingly GOOD. As in really good. It's like a MOBA, but from what i've played so far it's PVE, which is good coz then it's still balanced as you cant lose to high levelled players.

...all from what i played.

Unfortunately playtime ended when i lost all stamina. Stamina and timers just sucks the fun out of anything. In the first area, 3 stamina needed for each stage. You have a max of 20 stamina. Stamina replenishes at a rate of 1 stamina per 5 minutes. Im 7 stages in, and each stage i've played lasts less than 5 minutes.

You do the math. Basically, it sucks.

7. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Would be a very good game... IF they took out the timers

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Dang I like the sound of all that PVE too.

9. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    will this come on US store this month?

10. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    When will it get to Europe please?
    We are always last in the UK!!

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Played it a bit more, it's really good. But now that i reached the second area, each mission now costs 5 stamina which is a bit too much.

Right now it's:

PLAY 20 MINUTES, WAIT 100 MINUTES.

OR PAY EVERY 20 MINUTES, YOUR CHOICE.

I know this is a tall order, but i hope since this is soft-launch, they reconsider the current wait times.

12. isana

isana Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Bum mode
    #12 isana, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    Been playing this everyday over the past few days. Though "everyday" for me means every time I get home from work, because I'm playing with an iPod (no wifi at work). It takes around 30-40 minutes per session for me to use up all my stamina. There are missions in the game (eg win an advanced arena match x times, do this x times) that give you items and stamina, so it's generous enough if you're like me who can only play in one short burst every day.

The PVE aspect is very enjoyable especially because multiplayer mode is coop and, like what someone else said, you don't feel like you're losing to the other players because you're all working towards the same goal/beating a common enemy

Treat it like a timer-riddled stage-based tower defense game where you yourself are a moving tower with various skills to use and level up. It's fun in its own way. I just wish the latest update didn't cause my game to crash every time I start a new stage/match :(

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah, despite me pointing out the huge flaws in the game (mainly the limited playtime each day) and im still really enjoying it.

They recently changed the shop system which was a bit odd, coz right now you cant easily specialize in a certain element as the shops are now segregated into the skill's tier rank, and you get them randomly from across all elements and not specific elements like in the first system.

14. isana

isana Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Bum mode
    I have to check that out. Still frustrated though about how I keep crashing soon after starting a match. Any idea if reinstalling would wipe my progress? I'm hoping my data would get synced with my Facebook account.

15. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I played a little bit of this awhile back and couldn't get into it for some reason. I'll have to try it out again.

16. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Out in NZ now, which either makes it easier to grab or means it's coming very soon. Win/Win!

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I really enjoyed this when it first released (in soft launch). They changed the entire system, mechanics and GUI outside of the actualy missions twice now i believe, and i hate how they do that. I have been doing a bit of farming for certain stuff, then they change the system that what i was doing wasnt possible anymore and then after i adjusted they changed again. Really annoying.

I guess that's what i get sometimes for liking a game that's in soft-launch.

18. isana

isana Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Bum mode
    Reinstalling helps, until the apps decides to crash again after your fifth game. Data is saved and syncs with Facebook account

19. minman

minman Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2013
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Problems with NG

Hello. I'm a developer on Nightmare Guardians. isana, I will message you directly to get your information so I can look into your problem. Sometimes a bug passes our QA or a user has a unique configuration/data and I'd love to fix your problem so you can play without crashing.

We are looking at this forum thread now and would love all feedback - good, bad, and harsh.

Thanks

Art Min

20. minman

minman Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2013
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    The game has been available in NZ for about a month. We are looking at expanding the countries the game is launched in before a wider release.