[Soft-launch] Farmscapes (by Playrix)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ste86uk, Sep 3, 2020.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I only just noticed this app today while randomly checking the Playrix catalog and seen that this launched a few weeks ago. It says it’s in the CA, AU and UK AppStore’s.

I’ve downloaded it to give it a go after playing the new hay day pop recently that’s also in softlaunch, although for me as pretty as supercell make their games they always seem more money hungry than anything from Playrix so that makes me hopeful.

After playing for about 30 minutes I’m enjoying the game and the story, although I have to admit I like the story and upgrading more than I enjoy match 3 type puzzles.

Attached Files:

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So I’ve played quite a bit now and I’m actually really impressed with the game, even thought it’s in softlaunch it’s really polished and very good. I do love the short and farm upgrading there’s lots added to that little bits that make me smile because they have thought of so much and added lots of text and lovely visual animations they really didn’t have to include.

The match 3 gameplay is tough already for me and I’m only on around level 60 so far but match 3 isn’t my forte but maybe this game will help me improve my skills. It’s been steadily introducing new mechanics as I play keeping it fresh and not repetitive or boring.

The monetisation so far from what I can see is completely optional as I’ve seen in other Playrix titles. Here you earn gold by beating levels and progressing in the story and that gold is used to buy extra lives or extra turns in a level when your stuck, other than that I don’t see any use for it or anything else to purchase other than a coin purse of gold that fills up as you play like the piggy bank in many games. But at least this time it’s for something you don’t really need and I consider using extra moves a cheat which I do my best to avoid doing at all times.