Universal [Soft Launch - CA] Rise of Tyrants (by Z2Live)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 12, 2014.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    iPhone Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Hmm. This looks like it might be good. Kind of like a 3D version of Battle Nations?

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

It`s does look fantastic to be honest.

4. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Impressive, can't wait for state side release.

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    They have another one soft launched in Canada called Port Paradise. It looks to be more of a city builder type game, but it looks good as well.

6. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Game Impressions

Early impressions:

This game looks and plays very similar to Battle Nations, to the point where colour schemes and unit designs are at times identical. It basically is Battle Nations 1.5 from what I've seen so far. I've found a few bugs/issues early on, but nothing too major. Really it doesn't seem to bring anything too innovative to the table, if you played and enjoyed Battle Nations you'll probably enjoy this, but don't expect much new beyond a bit more of a storyline for the single player.

7. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    For anyone excited about the "control your units in battle" screen shot, unfortunately it simply is dragging and clicking objects on the map. You go into the basic Battle Nations combat when you encounter an enemy avatar. It's basically just like selecting things on a Battle Nations map except 3D and a bit finicky as you have to keep double tapping to confirm actions and movement.

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    This looks and sounds good so downloading now oh and also port paradise, thanks for the tip!

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Not far in yet, has timers but base building as in many games and battle seems similar to battle nation. Just on the whole seems like an updated battle nation with better graphics.

10. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Yup, that is my final verdict. It isn't bad per say, but it really doesn't improve enough on Battle Nations to allow it to stand on it's own. A few interesting, original mechanics could have added a lot.

11. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    My game has worked fine all day but now won't load? The loading bar gets nearly full but then just stops, also having the same issue with the other game by the dev in softlaunch on CA

13. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Still can't decide if this is worth deleting my Battle Nations over or not. I like the updated graphics, but it doesn't seem to have enough to it yet.

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm assuming it's an online game then? This usually happens whenever the servers are "down." Freakin online only games. If it's not online only then that's really weird..

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I'm guessing it's an online game, I've always got a connection so I never know. But I'm still enjoying this bar there being some bugs and the game could do with some tweaking but that is why it's in soft launch!

I'm happier playing this than battle nations and an enjoying the turn based combat and choosing which troops I take, I'm sure more troop types will come over time as in the other game. The graphics are much better but town wise it could do with some work and squad leader control could do with a lot of work!

But all in all don't be put off by it, resource production at the start seems pretty slow but it does improve.

Can I have Trade Nations 2 next?

16. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    #17 baldeagle86, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
    Just came across this! Never played battle nations, seems fun so far! Anyone have any tips or advice for someone just starting out?